Morrowind Darwin Awards Candidate 1

G

granny

Anyone come across the bloke who's invented the "Scroll of Icarian Flight" just NW of Seyda Neen? Funny as fuck, I nearly wet myself :)

If you want to find out for yourself then don't scroll down any further and go to Seyda Neen, leave and go NW along the path until you hear a scream & a thud then investigate :)

***spoiler alert***

OK I'd just started a new character and was wandering around outside Seyda Neen looking for alchemy ingredients when I heard this scream & a thud and a bloke fell to the ground dead a few feet away from me. So I loot his corpse and he's got a journal and some scrolls of "Icarian Flight". The journal says he's created a new spell to allow a new form of travelling which will let people jump 1000's of miles at a time! He's going to test it tonight!

So I try one of the scrolls out.... +1000 acrobatics.... I try a test jump. Shoot about 2 miles straight up into the air!! Superb!! But hang on.. uh-oh.. I've stopped rising... oh dear... I'm going downwards... er that's the ground coming up towar.. *SPLAT*

:clap:

C

Custy

lol, ii have seen screenshots of this kind of thing, never managed to work out how they did it though.

D

doh_boy

I looted his body and somehow lost the scrolls.

they're prolly in some pot in some far away mages guild.... I need a warehouse for my stuff :eek:

W

|WarpiG|

I enchanted a pair of glass boots with Jump 30pts, does pretty much the same thing only u dont die wen u hit the ground :)
You dont jump as far wen u fully loaded but u still get around much faster.

M

~Mobius~

lol I laughed my ass off when I saw that. :D

P

plightstar

I created a Jump spell(Orginal Name) which made u jump about half the distance of the Scrolls, but u didn't die, also if u get slowfall u can get anywhere really fast by jumping using scrolls and slowfalling down.

C

Custy

Yeah i have these now, if you use a levitate enchanted item, spell or potion just before you land you dont die. Beats Its good to get somewhere w/o a silt strider, eg ashlander camps.

B

brp

you can jump straight to Balmora from Seyda Neen if I remember rightly (approx - not played for a few months). There are three scrolls but each lasts only long enough to jump, not to land (7 secs i fink). Cast one, jump, then just before landing cast a second and it will mean you can land without taking any damage. The third is then pretty useless but hey jumping that far and surviving is pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread