Morning sidi raids!

T

Tilda

Ok, as a continuation of what a ran in the summer holidays Im planning on doing a set of 5 morning focus pulling raids in half term.

What I would like to set up is this, a morning raid, starting at around 9-10 am UK time, focus pulling sidi to bane hopefully.

Rather than building a new group each day with different people I would like to have a dedicated "gank group" type set up, where the same 8 people log on at the same time each day etc.

Drop rules will be decided at the time but will probably be:
Each person nominates a class they wish to lotto, class specific items go to them, if 2 people can use a shield/weapon then they /random 100 between them.
In the summer most people came away with a drop a day.

The dates

Monday 27th October
Tuesday 28th October
Wednesday 29th October
Thursday 30th October
Friday 31st October

The team

Cabalist - Must be 50 matter
Mincer - Must have SoS
Necro
Tank
Cleric - Must have BoF
Cleric - Must have 100% rez
Cleric
Cleric

Ok, if your interested please state your name, spec of the charachter you hope to bring.
I've put some limitations on classes we can use, (ie matter spec cabby for focus pulling) but remember each person may select another class to role for (although you can only role for one class).

Please only sign up if you are prepared to put in the time (9am - 1pm) for 5 days and the effort. I'd like to have a solid group who can work together as a team without anybody letting the side down.

n.b. Buff bots are welcome for a few of the spots although I would like atleast 1 cleric who has 100% rez and one who has BoF

Tilda

Signup's

Cabalist - Beeker
Mincer - Reya
Necro - Aarrwen
Tank - Nightpetal
Cleric - Robinthecleric
Cleric - Dest
Cleric - Kirennia
Cleric - Tilda

N

NightyP

No reaver for that spot with Paladin/Necro/Arms/Merc/Cleric? ;)
if yeh, kool Id be interested :)

S

Sibanac

bah nerf work, i would certainly like to join if i didnt have to work :(

But if you need a 50 matter cab anytime in the weekend or evening give me a yell.

T

Tilda

Nightpetal
mm
Its trickie, mercs, arms bring raw dammage
reavers depends a lot on the style procs
pallys bring end regen and AF chant which helps the pet.

tbh i'd rather you brought a different class, PM me in game and we can talk about it though.

Sib
Im considering doing another weekly evening raid, probably on the monday starting around 5-6pm would you be around for this?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Sibanac
bah nerf work, i would certainly like to join if i didnt have to work :(

But if you need a 50 matter cab anytime in the weekend or evening give me a yell.

Take a hooooliday!! :D

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Tilda
Nightpetal
mm

tbh i'd rather you brought a different class, PM me in game and we can talk about it though.

Sib
Im considering doing another weekly evening raid, probably on the monday starting around 5-6pm would you be around for this?

tbh i think you would actualy be better with a theurg then a tank.
The tank wont hit much anyway and do verry little dmg, while the theurg has pbt to help keep the aggro on the pet during the ferst few hits it takes and after that he can petspam abit

P

Pin

mm

All melee will hit Sidi mobs for the same damage (0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0) in 1fg :p Don't kid anyone, the focus shield will be doing 99.5% of damage to all mobs.

And if you weren't aware, there are procs in the Flex line which are NEVER resisted if the weapon hits.

P

Pin

The tank wont hit much anyway and do verry little dmg, while the theurg has pbt to help keep the aggro on the pet during the ferst few hits it takes and after that he can petspam abit

Errrr... How does PBT keep aggro on a pet with damage shield?

T

Tilda

Contrary to popular belief a theug dosnt help much.
Pet spam is handy but pbt isnt, it stops the mob hitting the pet and thus building up aggro.
We need a tank of some sort as when the Skeletal Sacristan runs 4+ clerics arnt exactly effective in melee ;)

Just trust me, ive done 4~ raids like this before and I know we need a tank :p

Tilda

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Pin
Errrr... How does PBT keep aggro on a pet with damage shield?

If the pet gets hit hard the first couple of hits and drops below 50%, or so the bt gives healers some more time to heal the pet with smaler heals. and thus reduces the chance of pet dieing or clerics getting aggro

P

[PS]Venom

NERF!

I would have been interested but just remembered I'll be working meh socks off that week.

If you need a 50inst minstrel with SoS on the day, see if I'm on with my minstrel - if I'm not working I'll go :)

S

Sibanac

Contrary to popular belief a theug dosnt help much.
Pet spam is handy but pbt isnt, it stops the mob hitting the pet and thus building up aggro.
We need a tank of some sort as when the Skeletal Sacristan runs 4+ clerics arnt exactly effective in melee ;)

Just trust me, ive done 4~ raids like this before and I know we need a tank :p

Tilda

good point, i was going off my LB expiriance

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Pin
All melee will hit Sidi mobs for the same damage (0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0) in 1fg :p Don't kid anyone, the focus shield will be doing 99.5% of damage to all mobs.

And if you weren't aware, there are procs in the Flex line which are NEVER resisted if the weapon hits.

I disagree totally here, I have personally seen it with my own eyes lev's proc be resisted, similarly with indigo's.

The only time we use melee is for the sacristan, the rnadom sidi mobs we can kill totally with focus. the problem is the sacristan runs and dosnt hit back, meaning that he dosnt get aggro on the shield.
So, for him all the clerics/cabbys etc melee and he goes down fairly fast but a lot faster if theres one tank in the group.

Tilda

F

Fagane

I am sure you can kill key 1, 2, 4, 8. prob also 5. But how do you think to handle key 3? 4 mirrors, and a lot or area/range casting (mezz, bolts, DD, etc).

Fagane

P

Pin

I disagree totally here, I have personally seen it with my own eyes lev's proc be resisted, similarly with indigo's.

Sorry, didn't mention either levi, nor indigo. I did not say all procs are never resisted, I said "there are procs in the Flex line which are NEVER resisted if the weapon hits".

The only time we use melee is for the sacristan, the rnadom sidi mobs we can kill totally with focus. the problem is the sacristan runs and dosnt hit back, meaning that he dosnt get aggro on the shield.
So, for him all the clerics/cabbys etc melee and he goes down fairly fast but a lot faster if theres one tank in the group.

Exactly. And you'll find a Friar or Reaver or any other melee class will basically do the job just as well as a Merc of Arms, and actually, a Scout is better than all of them.

As for Pally bringing end regen? Wtf do you need that for? He'll be the single character there that uses endurance, and only uses it for 1 fight against 1 mob :p

K

kirennia

got my cleric with BoF and much more I could use. Would have to set an alarmclock to wake up that early though :eek:

But yeah, add me to the list if you like...

...alternatively my mincer will be 50 by then and have SoS if you need that instead

N

NightyP

Ok will talk to you in game.

Yes Leviathian is resisted quite alot in sidi, not so sure on the dmg diff class do in sidi.

A

Antedeluvian

Originally posted by Pin
Sorry, didn't mention either levi, nor indigo. I did not say all procs are never resisted, I said "there are procs in the Flex line which are NEVER resisted if the weapon hits".

Pin, python proc is never resisted but only lower str in 5 pts :p
Anyway i wonder what kind of reavers dont know that python proc cant be resisted (the ones who dont use it aka we all :) )

P

Pin

Originally posted by Antedeluvian
Pin, python proc is never resisted but only lower str in 5 pts :p
Anyway i wonder what kind of reavers dont know that python proc cant be resisted (the ones who dont use it aka we all :) )

yeah, I know it's shit, but that wasn't the point ;)

Anyway, we all know the reason Tilda doesn't want a Reaver to take that spot ;)

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Pin
Anyway, we all know the reason Tilda doesn't want a Reaver to take that spot ;)

Acctually I have no problem with a reaver comming with a BB or cleric or a class that fits the raid a little more.

D

dest

Can add me to the list too... 50 cleric with bof.

Dest

V

Vegy

How long do these raids last?
I might be interested with my arms or cleric(although cleric is full enh, dunno if that's useful)

T

Tilda

Raid times depend.

If we have group and acctually leave gwyntell at 9am then probably 4-5 hours.

Depending on wipe out frequency and wheather we try to go past Skeletal Sacristan the raids could get shorter or a little longer.

Tilda

E

Eggy

Would it not make sense to use clerics with MCL2 and RP? Gives you another few thousand HP heals anyway...

Not that I'm volunteering, cos I'm not :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom