Morning breath

Laddey

FH is my second home
Why does one get morning breath?

Say if i wake up at 8:30, brush my teeth and go back to sleep til 10. My breath still fucking hums.

Is it because you're not moving your tongue or something? I dunno! Enlighten me, you clever bunch of people.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
when your mouth is as close to your arsehole as yours it's hard to get rid of the smell

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No "scientific" proof here, but i'd guess it's because your mouth is rather "stale", not pushing in food and drink and also it dries.

So stuff not moving, things rotting in peace, dry yet humid enough enviroment. Mhm, bacteria paradise! :sex:

Try not eating/drinking/opening your mouth for an hor or two and then smell your breath.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Actually opening your mouth is partly what causes it.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Think about it - you brush off all the bateria the night before.

How the hell can bacteria get into a closed mouth and how can it respire in a closed mouth? It can't (or not as effectively anyway).

Laddey

FH is my second home

How the hell can bacteria get into a closed mouth and how can it respire in a closed mouth? It can't (or not as effectively anyway).
What if you sleep with your mouth open

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Then bacteria pwns your mouth, bad breath pwns you and that skank don't the road won't lay you.

Lethul

FH is my second home

Maybe cause 90% of the bacteria is on the tongue* ? :)
I think it's because you don't produce a lot of saliva during sleep + what thot said, no movement in the mouth (compared to when you are awake atleast) :)

*may or may not be true

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Yeah, if you eat sh*t the day before, then you "brush of bacteria" by whitening those chompers.

Tongue, throat, under the tongue, inside of cheeks...that's where the germies hang and no matter how much you brush, you can't get all of it out.

Why would you brush your teeth in the morning if you brushed the baccies out?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, if you eat sh*t the day before, then you "brush of bacteria" by whitening those chompers.

Tongue, throat, under the tongue, inside of cheeks...that's where the germies hang and no matter how much you brush, you can't get all of it out.

Why would you brush your teeth in the morning if you brushed the baccies out?

Brushing your teeth DOES kill a lot of bacteria but throughout the night, more bacteria arrives.

Bacteria arrives through the air; respires through anaerobic respiration (sp?) and bang, you have more bacteria to deal with.

That is why you brush your teeth in the morning.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Try sleeping with your mouth wired shut and you'll see that you'll get worse breath.

I know why you brush your teeth, that wasn't a rhetorical question.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry Toht - I wasn't under the impression you had regularly watched and measured the smellyness of people's breaths depending on whether they have their mouth opened or wired shut.

Fuckin hell. Hi brick wall.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Err...right.

It's just from the fact that you get morning breath, open or closed mouth, that makes it logical that the air outside has little if any effect on the smelly breath and most likely it's due to the bacteria residue in your mouth/throat.

Not all sleep like they're trying to gobblecock even if you do :D

But since i KNOW you need "proof" to be shut up;

"That distinctive unpleasant olfactory jolt you sense first thing in the morning comes from bacteria that live in your mouth. They're in your mouth all the time, day and night. But at night, the flow of saliva in your mouth slows way down. Your mouth isn't getting much oxygen circulating through it. So, the seven or so species of anaerobic (not needing oxygen) bacteria that live in this part of you are able to metabolize--or feed on--leftover food particles and skin cells from the lining of your mouth. The waste products from these bacteria often contain sulfur--and those compounds of sulfur are what we smell."

So in essence, bacteria crap.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The thing you with you is, you love creating all these 'superior' theories and arguing them but all you use is your perceived logic and opinion.

Throw me a couple of links that show you're right and I'm wrong and I'll admit so but until then, I'll take scientific suggestions over the opinions of a forum member.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ill say it again.... MOUTH WASH!

wash your whole mouth out and feel better, the alcohol helps you sleep too hah ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Throw me a couple of links that show you're right and I'm wrong and I'll admit so but until then, I'll take scientific suggestions over the opinions of a forum member.

See, up, as i f*cking called it :D

Damn bookworm...

Everz

FH is my second home
Toht = Stephen Hawkings

Great theorist but can't prove it :D.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'll take that as a compliment as i was right :D

Bugz, type in, without any added stuff:

what causes morning breath

To googlies and most links you come across will say i'm right.

LEftover bacteria, dry mouth etc.

Now bow motherf*cker

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Some of the links also cite the reasons I gave.

But ho hum, I learnt some extra things about what causes it and you discovered how to back up your claims. ^^

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Some of the links also cite the reasons I gave.

But ho hum, I learnt some extra things about what causes it and you discovered how to back up your claims. ^^

Just admit it, you got served :D

Common sense/logic over any book you find.

FYI, how about you grab a hold of your head and pull it right out your arse and start...listen now....practising what you preach :eek:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Just admit it, you got served :D

Common sense/logic over any book you find.

FYI, how about you grab a hold of your head and pull it right out your arse and start...listen now....practising what you preach :eek:

what if he had a book about dental hygiene? might be more useful to him in a discussion such as this than common sense (based on knowledge you have rather than what everyone would know? :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom