More movies incoming

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Big Trouble in Little China remake in the works apparently with Dwayne Johnson playing Jack Burton (I almost cried when I seen this, they're going to ruin it totally)

These days? With fury road being 9/10 on tomatoes none the less, and hobbit being "meeeh ok", who the f*ck knows.

Remakes are like people telling standup jokes at the office, sure it's never going to be as funny as the one on stage and ome might f*ck it up completely, but it can still be entertaining.

Feel free to stick that in your quotes @TdC :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
These days? With fury road being 9/10 on tomatoes none the less, and hobbit being "meeeh ok", who the f*ck knows.

Remakes are like people telling standup jokes at the office, sure it's never going to be as funny as the one on stage and ome might f*ck it up completely, but it can still be entertaining.

Aye but Big Trouble in Little China was good... because it was so bad and cheesey for the most part, that's what made it so great and watchable soooooo many times before you get sick of it, I watched it just the other day on Netflix for example :p its such a great movie.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, saw that over on b3ta @ECA. Would very much like it to be.

But then Ridley Scott. So probably not. :(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Been waiting for this trailer, looks good, and I do like Matt Damon

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Sod Matt Damon, Kate-Bloody-Horny-As-Fuck-Mara is in it!!!:sneaky:

There is something about her that I don't like, its almost as if she's this little girl trying to act as an adult, and failing

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
More on Big Trouble in Little China (taken from IGN)

Following the news last week that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in negotiations to star and produce a Big Trouble in Little China remake, Johnson now says he's hoping to have John Carpenter come aboard "in some capacity."

“It felt like if we surrounded ourselves with the right group of people, the right writers who loved the movie too and wanted to honor it, bring on John Carpenter in some capacity," Johnson tells Entertainment Weekly, "If we did that, then we have a shot at hopefully making something good.”

Big Trouble in Little China Remake to Star The Rock - IGN News
01:00

Carpenter directed the 1986 original, which involves truck driver Jack Burton getting mixed up in a centuries-old battle between supernatural forces. Johnson also hinted he'd like to see Kurt Russell brought into some planning discussions for the remake as well. Russell played Burton in the original; Johnson would play him in the update.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm sorry but the Rock has one facial expression and nowhere near enough character to pull that role off. Now Kurt Russell might not be the best actor in the world, but he has a damn sight more personality about him that Dwaye Bloody Johnson.

leggy

Probably Scottish
But then Ridley Scott. So probably not. :(

Bloody modern day George Lucas. I swear Scott has made some of the best movies of all time.... but that time has long passed. Now everything he churns out is boring, overlong drivel.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bloody modern day George Lucas. I swear Scott has made some of the best movies of all time.... but that time has long passed. Now everything he churns out is boring, overlong drivel.

??? You can't even compare their directing careers.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Obviously. I wasn't comparing their directing careers and couldn't give a fuck either way. I was merely pointing out they both became a bit (very) shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Blackhawk Down was his last truly excellent movie. There were bits of Kingdom of Heaven, but it was uneven. Since? Shite

leggy

Probably Scottish
Blackhawk Down was his last truly excellent movie. There were bits of Kingdom of Heaven, but it was uneven. Since? Shite
Loved Blackhawk Down and expected the same from Kingdom of Heaven but I made the mistake of believing in the trailer. Never again!

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I thought Kingdom of heaven was a great movie, maybe not as good as Black hawk down. But still a great movie. There's a lot worse movies on his Director's credit - Robin Hood remake and Hannibal (talk about butchering a good book) for instance.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I thought Kingdom of heaven was a great movie, maybe not as good as Black hawk down. But still a great movie. There's a lot worse movies on his Director's credit - Robin Hood remake and Hannibal (talk about butchering a good book) for instance.

My dissertation is based on the Kingdom of Heaven era.

It is so historically inaccurate its crazy.

For example the Crusaders actually rarely fought in the desert and the Battle of Hattin (The one where Saladin wtf owned the Crusaders) was here

440px-Hittin.jpg

So yeah, good film, but only to a certain extent, if you're going to do a historical film about historical figures do it right, if your going to make characters up or do something based upon myth (King Arthur) then you have room to improvise

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I'm a little embarrassed... and should be slapped on the head :(
I confused Kingdom of Heaven with The Kingdom :oops:
Kingdom of Heaven was ok, not great but not bad either. Just ok.
Ridley Scott had nothing to do with The Kingdom as far as I know.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Just shows a lack of original ideas imo - I am especially annoyed that they are remaking Point Break, as you can probably tell that was one of my favourite films.

You've already remade it once with cars and called it The Fast and The Furious Hollywood, you don;t need to fucking go there again.

Between that, Robocop, Total Recall and Transformers, Hollywood is on a mission to remake my childhood, but make it infinitely more shit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Daphne Zuniga still looks hot as hell so why not. They could get john goodman, could work as an older barf.

Also worth noting that if this is a hit, men in tights 2? :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it does look good, or it could be so busy that its going to be shit

But it does have Alicia Vikander in it, who is stunning, so......

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Ky4KPzKwY

Saw the trailer for this the other day...they've certainly got the cars and clothes right, and I'm glad they didn't modernise it, and...its Guy Ritchie directing, which is a good sign more often than not.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit too token, but could be good if they don't try to copy 1&2 and make their own stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom