More movies incoming

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looking forward to Riddick, really enjoyed the last one. Any idea when this is set? Would be a bit odd to be set after the last one.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looking forward to Riddick, really enjoyed the last one. Any idea when this is set? Would be a bit odd to be set after the last one.

It is set after the last one as Karl Urban is in it as Vaako again according to IMDB, not quite sure where they fit in tho given how the last one ended.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Saw Iron Man 3 the other day. Lot of fun imo, and Tony Stark remains my fave Marvel hero. Kinda scared that Gwyneth Paltrow is going to be one of the legions of too-skinny 40+ women with no boobs though :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Elysium...could be promising. 3002 on the other hand...meh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Every other film in production...just stop now, you're not needed anymore.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Please don't be like Paul ;(

Paul would have been good more than likely had they used a full British cast and not let bitchy Hollywood/American actors get their claws into it.

DaGaffer

Paul would have been good more than likely had they used a full British cast and not let bitchy Hollywood/American actors get their claws into it.

And how exactly would a film about Aliens/Roswell/Area 51 etc. have worked without Americans in it? It was kind of the point of the film that the biggest "aliens" were actually Pegg and Frost.

Nate

FH is my second home
The film they would've wanted to be in probably changed so much no americans could have made sense. Writers were likely forced by the producers to change everything.

DaGaffer

The film they would've wanted to be in probably changed so much no americans could have made sense. Writers were likely forced by the producers to change everything.

I'm pretty certain Pegg and Frost got the film they wanted. Reading interviews with them at the time, the whole "naive English nerds on a pilgrimage to America" was exactly what they were aiming for, because it was something they'd discussed doing dozens of times before they got rich and famous.

I don't know why people automatically assume it was an American studio clusterfuck (and for the record I don't think its a bad film anyway); the big difference between Paul and the Blood & Ice-Cream films is the lack of Edgar Wright.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Prob

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Most of the funny references in Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead is British Humour, going to the pub, playing Queen whilst smacking a zombie, having somerset based cray cray communities.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
That faceplam is aimed at the concept, not you by the way!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I reserve judgement until the films are released. Batman was a brilliant reboot and I also enjoyed Man of Steel.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Attack of the Killer Grandpa Robot doesn't really have the same ring as Arnie the Terminator.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think it needs a reboot, there is plenty of scope for advancing the story without a reboot.

That's not to say it will be terrible, just not necessary.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
From that article:
blah blah blah Independence Day 2 blah blah blah Pirates of the Caribbean 5 blah blah blah Star Wars - Episode 7

Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
As hammy as it was, I always wanted to see an Independence Day 2. I figured a recovering Earth and a second wave of alien baddies could make for a rather awesome premise. That said, I have no expectation of it being anything other than thick slices of cheese with a gorgonzola plot.

An aging Arnie in a Terminator film? Well, I guess CGI has come a long way.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Well they did have a cgi Arnie in Salvation

They covered it up fast. Only a few seconds of Arnie-face on screen before they let rip with the flame throwers etc. Good move probably. I bet they were licensed only for X amount of face-time. Actually at the time wasn't Arnie still the Governator? I think in America that opposing candidates for election need to be given equal time on TV etc, so it might have been a legal issue too. Not sure. Actually not that big a deal really.

Watched this tonight on Blu Ray. Not as bad as I remember first time round but still pretty mindless. Quite fun, looks good, nothing memorable. Cross between Mad Max and Mech Warrior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom