More info on the next Xbox

Aada

Part of the furniture
http://www.edge-online.com/news/the...hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/

Sounds fucking shit

- No second hand games
- Always has to be online

second had games has been on the cards for a while for both Sony and Microsoft and they are being pressured by publishers to implement it.

Always online you can thank those people who pirate their games and think they are entitled to not bother paying for their games.

A case of the minority ruining it for the majority.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No a case of the manufacturer thinking always online will make any difference. Piracy will always find a way to circumvent.

The reality is always online allows them to track user activity and make extra revenue from advertising etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Always online wont stop people pirating

Stopping used games will encourage more people to pirate.

Retarded

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Whats interesting is that x86 arcade boards in japan somewhat frequently got hacked to pc ports, both 720 and ps4 are x86, basically low midrange pcs. With driver support it wouldn't be that surprising if hacked pc ports appear.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Wasn't there a ruling recently that means they can't stop people buying and using 2nd hand games? I'm sure I read something about it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes but irc there is a way around it, that you basically don't own the game.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Looks like we should be savouring consoles in their current form, I can't see the next gen consoles being something I'm going to buy into.

Required to always be online when the UK's biggest ISP is a heap of shit? The inability to borrow games from friends? Fuck that.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sorry but most of you like many are just protesting, you won't stand by what you say and you'll be no different than many others who make such protests.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Embattle said:
Sorry but most of you like many are just protesting, you won't stand by what you say and you'll be no different than many others who make such protests.

So true

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No second hand/swap games I can live with.

Always on I cannot. At all.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not overly bothered about always online, who isn't these days? It's the lack of a 2nd hand market for games...not that it bothers me on the PC but I only really ever buy 2nd hand games on consoles.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not overly bothered about always online, who isn't these days? It's the lack of a 2nd hand market for games...not that it bothers me on the PC but I only really ever buy 2nd hand games on consoles.

People in the country? Halfof America? Over zealous bosses who check your online records for sick days - some think that because you're ill you can't even watch a film in bed. There's various reasons for staying offline...

Aada

Part of the furniture
People in the country? Halfof America? Over zealous bosses who check your online records for sick days - some think that because you're ill you can't even watch a film in bed. There's various reasons for staying offline...

There isn't any reason to stay offline, if my console is switched on im online unless my internet is down which hasn't happened in about 8 years now.

Do some people purposely go about disconnecting themselves just to be offline just for the sake of it?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
you can always change your profile to offline on XBL / steam etc

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The second hand games thing isn't so much the issue for me, it's the requirement for being connected to the internet. Granted I'm very rarely not connected to the internet, but I don't want to buy something that requires a service from a completely different company to be of any use.

I don't mind switching to Playstation as being my preferred consoles if that doesn't have a similar feature. If it does, I'm fine sticking with my PC.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Actually the reverse is true since it'll be online all the time it gives no idea about if you are actually there or not :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Um. Your console won't be online when it's switched off, will it? :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
its off from the mains then no, if its on standby then....

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
tbh the only thing that bothers me is the 2nd hand market im primarly a pc user but sometmes i get the urge to play wwe or fifa etc on my ps3 because such games are shit on the pc, just doesnt have that laid back feel i nearly always buy my games 2nd hand

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ps4 will allow 2nd games but the way sony talked about it may not be 100% straight forward, tho with the 360 i hope ms will alow xbla games tobe pld on the new console

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
General rumour for new xbox is April announcement.

Looking forward to it, wont make me buy an xbox over a Ps4 but meh curious what they have to offer which puts them ahead or behind the Ps4.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Looking forward to it, wont make me buy an xbox over a Ps4 but meh curious what they have to offer which puts them ahead or behind the Ps4.

You'r only saying you wont get a xbox720 because you've had your head turned by only seeing one side of the coin at the moment :) I'm keeping a clear head until both have had a pre launch party thing.

You never know MS could come along now and trump the ps4, as they have the upper hand in knowing the competition.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You'r only saying you wont get a xbox720 because you've had your head turned by only seeing one side of the coin at the moment :) I'm keeping a clear head until both have had a pre launch party thing.

You never know MS could come along now and trump the ps4, as they have the upper hand in knowing the competition.

No reason to get one tho :) A) PS4 doesn't cost monthly like shitbox live, B) everything I want will be coming out on the PS4 and C) I've got a 360, fancy a change from microstuffed.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Unofficially (Don't ask) MS may actually consider shipping in April..

Also, always online = no. No second hand games = no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom