more facial features needed for character creation

Nadine

Fledgling Freddie
i m not sure if anyone have mentioned this before. but i think would be great if more faces, hair styles and , eye color, lip color options be added to the game. think more diversity is always good. a few atractive faces for female models be great as well. since usually there is one or 2 decent face and 5 horrendous one. 3 or 4 hair styles.

think is possible to expect a new make over on the char models maybe for future expansions?

locherbread

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see more variety in customization, like in everquest2, where you get dozens of hair styles etc

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
adding many more new races with minimal starting stats difference would be good as well, its so annoying that every dam hib caster is luriken, every alb tank is highlander(or maximum half ogre)... and by doing that mythic could add a race/starting points respec as well.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Righthandof said:
adding many more new races with minimal starting stats difference would be good as well, its so annoying that every dam hib caster is luriken, every alb tank is highlander(or maximum half ogre)... and by doing that mythic could add a race/starting points respec as well.
I would love that, a set of new races for each realm but say they all have balanced starting stats or somethin. get so bored with the same old races :(

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
well the races wont happen as taurs are coming , which will prolly be the last Race they ever make, but i sure do agree on the customization side of things.

Maybe add a width option so u can make your char fatter, or a age type option , or breasts reduction. And un-pervingly i must add all the female races have huge jugs in daoc its not right, christ even luri tits are big for thier size lol

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
I'd prefer they make so cloaks don't often cover hair :( And make for all styles to have a nice blonde colour, I hate when I can't make a blonde char :p

Nadine

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
well the races wont happen as taurs are coming , which will prolly be the last Race they ever make, but i sure do agree on the customization side of things.

Maybe add a width option so u can make your char fatter, or a age type option , or breasts reduction. And un-pervingly i must add all the female races have huge jugs in daoc its not right, christ even luri tits are big for thier size lol

hehe yes poor luri girls

if you notice the hair styles for females are not many just 3 or 4 to pick , and they all a bit dull not very good ones, think be nice they add more hair style options.

an option to add lip color on female characters be great as well.

more atractive base faces for females, elves and celts. well if you read the elven race description, they are described as tall and beautifull beings! so there should be at least 1 beautiful face mong the 5 other ugly and 1 average one. dont think would be too hard to add one preety face at least.

way too many clones isen't good, i think is about time daoc take a step further and at least add few more char costumisation options. cant be that hard to do.

i also think that be great if more robe, armor styles get added, things that maybe show a bit more of skin instead the traditional neck to toes covered garments. but some outfits bit more sophisticated and exotic would be great for a change. daoc girls deserve to be sexy too you know!:D

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
And for the months of work it would take to code it all in, everyone would forget about it 30 seconds after it was patched in.. I couldnt tell you 99% of the peoples faces in my guild as it is as I spend more time watching whats going on/chatting etc than stalking them and staring at their avatar.

Turran

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:

Well when i made my half ogre merc i made it small to be different :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Zegas said:
I'd prefer they make so cloaks don't often cover hair :( And make for all styles to have a nice blonde colour, I hate when I can't make a blonde char :p

Ahem /hood is your friend ^^

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Yeah i agree, the fact that your character doesn't look exactly specifically pixel-perfect sure is one of the most pressing issues in this game that's causing the ever diminishing playbase :rolleyes:

Galadry

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love to see some short hair-dos for Albion females (already love the one for female half-ogres and would love the spiky one that Celt females get).

Would also love to see scarred face and older looking options like you get for males!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah they should add Tatoo, piercing and Ron Jeremy parlors for all our facial needs.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Nadine said:
think is possible to expect a new make over on the char models maybe for future expansions?

I really doubt they will, cause :-

- Models take ages to draw (not code, that should take 30 mins tops).

- Its not that long since they improved them.

- And this is the biggest problem.. More models = more texture space used up. People who are struggling to play atm wont be able to if they double the number of models. Performance in general is down to how many different things (players) the DAOC engine has to draw, at the moment there are lots and lots of shorcuts where bits get reused for other models, what your suggesting would need a new client that was too chuggy to play in rvr on many PCs, and hey we got that as DR client atm ;)

Suggestions like more options for fattening players, adding facial hair, tatoos are much more feasable. Personally I would settle for a colour picker for eye colour, all they gotta do is render a white eye texture and use that colour as the ambient light but I guess if something that small and easy isnt possible, none of this is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom