Monitoring Processes Software

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Came across: http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/taskmanager.html which is offering a free trial download of a program that highlights the processes running on your PC and gives them threat ratings.

I'm looking at verifying the processes running on my PC are ok and look into disabling any that are not needed. Is it worth installing though?

Is there any software you use for this purpose?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Never head of that, I do keep Spybot running its resident program these days though, since I still have to use IE from time to time and it does a very good job of blocking those kinds of risks.

Looking at the photo though I don't understand some of the rankings. I mean ZiptoA is made by Iomega for the Zip drives?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I have used that software twice. On both occasions it incorrectly marked 5 or more processes as major threats.

Chilly

Balls of steel
cos I never go outside I know every process that is legitimately running on my PC - and when I see a new one, I find out what it is (often something iv installed) and take appropriate action and remember that for future reference. Clearly, if you are running 50,000 processes (ah, windows not unix :p) you cant really do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom