Help Monitor resolution resolution found!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
(See what I did there?) :)

Having a problem on my monitor. It's a Samsung Syncmaster 2220LM which should support 1680x1050 and was doing so before 2 days ago.

I'm running Vista 64 and came home to find MrsJ asking me to 'fix her taskbar' and when I looked I found the start bar was shrunk off the edge off the screen.... no problem, I just resized it, but when I did so I found that the bottom part of the bar was still off the edge of the screen.

I uninstalled and upgraded my ATI drivers (its an HD 4600 series GFX card) aswell as installing the proper drivers for the monitor (previously it was just a default PnP display, according to Vista) but to no avail... in fact if I switch to the higher res now all of the start bar is off the screen, and adjusting the monitor itself doesn't gain enough to view it at all.

I'm stuck here at 1280x960 and it's simply not right! At my age I should be looking after my eyes, not forcing them into a squint to have test of the right proportions, so come on Freddys, please help me! :fluffle:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thread title changed because I can!

Thanks to the ever god-like hardware guru that is Kryten, I was inspired to fully power cycle the monitor itself, which as a total clueless fuckwit I hadn't yet done.

Sorted!!! :england:

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Oh FFS!
Rule #1 of IT support... Roy's Rule.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Easy Zenith, you know that old people and computers don't mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom