Monitor Issues

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Hopefully someone with more intelligence than me can help me out!!!

I just upgraded my graphics card to a Nvidia 660 ti, I also decided to day to move from my 19" square monitor to a wide screen one, anyway I opted for the Asus 24 vs247h.

I don't know whether it's just coming to terms with the change, but text on web pages looks weird, the drop down menu when creating new threads on FH is hardly legible at all.

I also tried to use the HDMI cable, but all I get is a black screen, when I use the DVI cable, the screen constantly flickers and then I get an out of signal message. So the only option I have left to use is the VGA.

If anyone has any clue about any of the issues above, I will love you forever!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Dvi should work so should hdmi , dud monitor?

After a bit of twiddling, when I stick the DVI cable in I can see the screen at the resolution it's meant to be at, however all the text and icons are jagged. urgh I hate getting new shit!

Athan

Resident Freddy
When using VGA you might need to 'Auto Image Adjust' (it'll be a button/menu entry on the monitor) to make sure it's synching the signal properly. This is best done when you have a high contrast/complex image displaying fullscreen (I use 'xsetroot' in Linux/X as that gives a per-pixel black/white checkboard pattern, i.e. nice clean edges for the auto adjust to detect and line up).

As for text looking weird... that'll be some Windows options to do with ClearType: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28790/tweak-cleartype-in-windows-7/

You'll find that some fonts do not play nicely with ClearType, I had to change the font Pidgin in Windows used due to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom