Monitor issues.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Right a little background first! :)

The monitor is an LG 22LS4R. Ok its a TV but meh.

Now for over a year i used it perfectly fine with my PC with a Nvidia 7800GT using a DVI > HDMI converter. Then i upgraded to an 8800GT. And then the PC point blank refused to see it as anything other then a HDTV. So i thought bugger it, and went back to the good old 19 inch spare i had, and used the LG in the bedroom with the 360.

After finding an old VGA cable the otherday and the DVI > VGA adapter, i decided to try it again using the VGA slot on the TV this go. It worked but everything was pushed to the left of the screen. Took a while of fiddling but i found messing with the phase setting on the TV menu put everything back fine. The only problem is a very slight ghosting effect on websites and forums.

Its kind of like this image,

ghosting.jpg

but no where near that bad. My other half cant even see it, but i can and its niggling me! I am using the native res, and games look fine, but there moving and its realy hard to see on a still image never mind a moving one. Its mostly noticable when theres black on white, like forums ect.

Any help guys?

Kryten

Old Cow.
If you're feeling patient, see if you can download an old version of drivers - ideally the same version you had with that 7800. I've a feeling it's more of a software/driver issue than hardware. Nvidia have done a lot of screwing around with their software of late and none of it any good for the end user.

I suspect they've changed the detection so it acts as a TV, which neither nVidia or windows handles too well :/

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
not far tbh about 1-1.5m. The cable looks like some cheepo crappy thing, the piccy in the link you posted looked like my old DVI cable, except ofcourse its VGA. You think the cables picking up interfearance somehow?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Check the adapter. Had a similar problem myself and switched the adapter out for a cable that went connector to connector (DVI - HDMI in my case) solved the issue straight away.

It only takes 1 missing pin!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Erm, I fail to see the problem with using dvi-> hdmi? So what if the software says it is a HDTV. I am using an ati card and it recognises my HDTV as just that, but still lets me use it as a display.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Ch3t : this is where the ATI's have one of the major advantages, they handle this sort of thing much easier, whereas nVidia are limiting their drivers something chronic, they're a pain in the backside :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom