Monitor "boot ups"

Gray

FH is my second home
This is a weird one, it's been niggling me forever. I bought this monitor (Acer S191HQL) sometime last year. I do love the monitor but one thing continually pisses me off - The boot up time of it.

All my previous monitors, if they were turned off it would maybe take 2-3 seconds for them to become active. This monitor though for some god awful reason has an ACER splashscreen that lingers for a few seconds.

Got fed up of it today, did a stopwatch test. It came in at 7-8 seconds. Almost 3 times as long as what a standard monitor does. Did Google searches but all i keep getting is crappy splashscreen stuff for laptops and the likes.

Unsure if this can even be "remedied" considering it's a monitor.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
turn it on, so its on when windows loads, and use a screensaver ?
and while its clearly annoying, is 8 seconds going to cause you to die from horror ? :(

Gray

FH is my second home
Yes.

It's like. You're watching something you "shouldn't" be watching, so a reaction would be to turn off the TV if you panic! Then when you turn it back on, someone turns around to ask you something else. Those 8 seconds could last an eternity...

(That's just one reason off the top of my head, i'm sure there is more!)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Ever use proper CRT monitors?
The ones that took 10-15 seconds to show anything at all, but nearly 30 seconds to achieve full brightness.
And that's just the little ones. The big fuckers with stupid resolutions that ran at 200Hz for instance. 30" CRTs. You turned them on, watched the power grid dim, and went to put the kettle on.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
mmm I remember those. My biggest Iiyama needed two people to move it :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Does it matter? Windows boot is around 20 seconds anyway...

...Mines cold to windows in 22 anyway...

Gray

FH is my second home
It wasn't necessarily from a PC-bootup i was meaning, i have my PC on all day pretty much but i turn my monitor off at certain intervals throughout the day, so the monitor splashscreen was just becoming a hindrence.

Doesn't look like there is a way to remove the splashscreen, but hohum!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Set a password and use Windows Key + L to lock it. I would think changing the boot process would be really complicated and something you would need to be wearing a cardigan to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom