Moderna nerfed

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Well about hib afk xp'ing .. you need 3 animist and then healers still have to be active, to go truly afk you need 5 animist or so to be sure, and the shrooms do eat some xp aswell so the leveling speed goes down. Tho the fact that you are getting a good night sleep makes up for it (yes sleeping wiele xp'ing rock)

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
\o/

What are you paying per hour? :D

Hm prolly nothing can get divious or ostas to come along, but like do nice with thane in group, although i guess shaman is nicer.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Such lies im the only high RR active thane. I should be the first choise imo. :p

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Inca said:
In fairness in the early days of uo, you might have needed to put your "skill trade" characters on other accounts but all main characters has a cominbation of the same 6 skills with a variable weapon, archery/magery on everyone. Wasn't till later on uo life that you needed any more than 1 character.

Not sure what game you played but I liked having a mage/tamer for farming , an archer/mage ( in the early days ) for pk'ing, a tank mage( deadly poisoned hally ) , a "pure" warrior , a bard and a pure mage just for starters , then we get to nox mages, mages with gm anatomy and healing , warriors with gm poisoning , fencer's with macing/archery/magery and what not... I played 4 accounts on UO as I do here , because I like to be able to surply any char I need, be it a shield tank , 6 sec pbt , pbaoe or what ever . Only thing I havent done is make a 6 x gm crafter in DAOC , because basicly crafting suxx in this game , and takes WAY to much time..

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sorry, you are misinformed. Like someone else said, necros are much slower than Hib or Mid PL (on the order of at least 2x)--the only good thing about a necro is that you do not need a group to do your PLing, so you can basically do it whenever you wish and not have to rely on getting into a group (on the other hand, there is a limited amount of good camps available).

Well combine the utillity and the tanking abillities of the necro with a few ice wizzards and you have a strong setup , stronger pet than SM who can hold agro forever with uber abs , and the abillity to "feed" the wizzards with power... so bare with me if I dont cry over alb's abillities to PL

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
Not sure what game you played but I liked having a mage/tamer for farming , an archer/mage ( in the early days ) for pk'ing, a tank mage( deadly poisoned hally ) , a "pure" warrior , a bard and a pure mage just for starters , then we get to nox mages, mages with gm anatomy and healing , warriors with gm poisoning , fencer's with macing/archery/magery and what not... I played 4 accounts on UO as I do here , because I like to be able to surply any char I need, be it a shield tank , 6 sec pbt , pbaoe or what ever . Only thing I havent done is make a 6 x gm crafter in DAOC , because basicly crafting suxx in this game , and takes WAY to much time..

In the very early days of uo taming wasn't used, warriors and any "weapon" based characters were simply outclassed in every department by mage/archers, healing/anatomy were all skills made useful at later updates and poisoning was a skill you could have on your alchemist as at the time it made no difference to your spells or you tanks chance to poison. I will agree that having a provoker for a second character certainly wasn't a bad idea, i used to love being able to clear out a room without actually being in it!

Ironically the death of UO was begun when they made skilling too easy and 7x GM's were a few weeks of a job, compared to the months, near years that it took previously. With the style of play very different here i doubt that the effects of moderna will be that severe but maybe worth a thought.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sorry, you are misinformed. Like someone else said, necros are much slower than Hib or Mid PL (on the order of at least 2x)--the only good thing about a necro is that you do not need a group to do your PLing, so you can basically do it whenever you wish and not have to rely on getting into a group (on the other hand, there is a limited amount of good camps available).

Deathsight necros yeah, but servant necros buffbotted whit 25% buff bonus etc, are a lot faster than DS ones, at shreders they PL in 24h, at pygmis a bit more. :clap:

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Mikal said:
moderna will still be sm/healer + leech groups after this, but instead of a pet pulling it will be a crazy ungrouped shaman doing it. As kraben said, that's how we started, so it can be done again. The pbaoe aggro nerf will be more annoying but still wont mean an awful lot in midgard as we have AE stun

This works we did it yesterday so moderna will still be up... shaman pulling from W and SM pulling from middle and E with debuffs as shaman was inc with his pull... was almost better exp then doing pet pulls.. not one single wipe either..

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Azathrim said:
he ain't done by then. Add on top ML's, Artifacts and SC'ing. Well, he's easily 10-15 days /played by then.

omg 10-15 days for all ToA stuff on one char? Well lets say u want uber template on most chars like on healer u might want 10% spell range usally leading to that u fix artis like bracer of zookarat (omg this will take time for u fix GM each time u do it et.c), GoV (tbh havent seen this mob popped on ages) et.c.
Iam now 6L8 with healer ML 7 got bracer of zookarat and another spell range arti (whicch i cant activate in this patch cuz its bugged Zzzz).
And I still dont have GoV have scrolls but the mob is like never popped nowdays.
And my played time is 41days.

So well basicly, lets just say most people will take forever to find their ultimate ToA template, I have one atm done with all artis lvl 10 for an exampel but I still want a new cuz I have 0 % spell range.
So lets just say 10-15 days to get your nearly perfeckt ToA template and all MLs is very very strong ;).

Some in my guild have a nearly perfect template and they have spent like 2-3 mounths on getting that so to "make a char ToAed" can take forever kinda imo.

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Chamie said:
Iam now 6L8 with healer ML 7 got bracer of zookarat and another spell range arti (whicch i cant activate in this patch cuz its bugged Zzzz).

sure snoz just asked a gm and he activated it for him.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Oldfaravid said:
This works we did it yesterday so moderna will still be up... shaman pulling from W and SM pulling from middle and E with debuffs as shaman was inc with his pull... was almost better exp then doing pet pulls.. not one single wipe either..

That would have been me, the shaman makbuff :) Was good fun. :drink:

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Inca said:
sure snoz just asked a gm and he activated it for him.

Asked RightNow and they persistenly say its not for seers this patch.. :eek7:

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Only me that finds xp'ing artifacts more dull than 1-50? :)

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
etcetra said:
Only me that finds xp'ing artifacts more dull than 1-50? :)

Imo xping artifacts arent bad.. And i've done a few :) lvl a char to 50 these days are np.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom