Mod with a Mod: WARCommander

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Haven't pimped this here yet ;) probably out of some sense of self-preservation :p

ah well, unleash the hounds.

WARCommander

Lets you ping orders/shout on inc/etc. to your warband/group/say/realm/whatever.

Everyone who hears it with the WARCommander mod installed will get a waypoint added to their map.

So you can tell people "Spotted enemy warband 4k west of Order Warcamp in Chaos Wastes" and it'll also put a flashing icon where you were standing when you spotted them.

Needs Map Monster - Addons - Curse and LibSlash - Addons - Curse

Still in beta, open to suggetsions/feedback/etc. so feel free.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
sounds very nice dude, something like this mythuc shouldve done in the first place.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I almost feel terribly guilty for not having checked this out already. What passes for a concience with me was close to being pricked when I saw Flim's toon in a keep defense last night.

Then my innate shallowness kicked back in and everything was alright again.

I'll check this out next time I get a decent play session ie one that isn't spooned around work or She Who Must Be Adored.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I almost feel terribly guilty for not having checked this out already. What passes for a concience with me was close to being pricked when I saw Flim's toon in a keep defense last night.

I'll check this out next time I get a decent play session ie one that isn't spooned around work or She Who Must Be Adored.

*cracks whip* :)

That was mainly hawkeye's fault ;) was going to play my Witch Elf but he dragged me out to the keep defence in CW the other night.

I was testing out how practical the scouting parts were... so my channelspam tended to be along the lines of:

Spotted <enemy> at <location>
Spotted group of <enemy> at <location>
Spotted warband of <enemy> at <location>
Please could I have a ress? at <location>

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Haven't pimped this here yet ;) probably out of some sense of self-preservation :p

ah well, unleash the hounds.

WARCommander

Lets you ping orders/shout on inc/etc. to your warband/group/say/realm/whatever.

Everyone who hears it with the WARCommander mod installed will get a waypoint added to their map.

So you can tell people "Spotted enemy warband 4k west of Order Warcamp in Chaos Wastes" and it'll also put a flashing icon where you were standing when you spotted them.

Needs Map Monster - Addons - Curse and LibSlash - Addons - Curse

Still in beta, open to suggetsions/feedback/etc. so feel free.

Tested it out for a few minutes last night. Very useful when roaming on my WH/SM.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie

heheh you are under the thumb dude, just feed her the chocolate and she will leave u alone to WAR for a few hours oh yeh and maksue some girlie shit like dancing on ice/ big brother etc.. is on tv

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
v0.4 uploaded with some new features:

State of realm integration (if someone is sending orders with SoR you'll get waypoints)
Pretty colours/buttons ;)
More commands
Custom commands
Clicky links on the messages.

Get upgrading :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
v0.5 released with minimap support

You'll need to download MiniMapMonster as well (this will show your waypoints on the minimap and you can right click on the minimap to send orders if you want to be pinpoint accurate)

I've not tested it with any of the custom minimap mods yet so it may not play nice if you have one installed.

After the patch 1.2.1 it'll be an optional requirement so you can run WARCommander without the minimapmonster but till we patch it's required I'm afraid.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
We have an alliance meeting Sunday evening. I'll mention this mod to the guys and see about getting it some serious testing :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
could you add on option to make the markers on the minimap a bit bigger?
Easy to miss those tiny spots if there's a Warband running about ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
could you add on option to make the markers on the minimap a bit bigger?
Easy to miss those tiny spots if there's a Warband running about ;)

yeah, gonna change it to the same size as on the main map, but with the option to change the scale.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I saw 'Mod with a Mod' and now have an indelible mental image of an Orc riding around on a Lambretta :D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Fantastic mod Flim - its used A LOT on azgal and is helping realm communication a lot.

Good job.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
see! not just my guild/alliance using it :p

*slips Bugz a fiver*

Glad you like it :) if you have any features/ideas to improve it let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Finally got it working \o/

Though not been able to play tonight really. Home from work late evening then server hiccups.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I don't play this game, but I did play WoW, and I found BGSoundalerts2.0 to be one of the best mods. It basically announces what happens around the battleground. It checks the scrolling text for certain phrases then triggers an audio file to play depending on what the event was. I reckon this would be good for you BGers if there was a WAR version.

BGSoundAlerts 2 - Battlegrounds - World of Warcraft Mods, Addons, and More!

Can conflict with audio if your team talks too much on vent or ts, I guess.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
could you add an option to remove all marks made by WarCommander?
At the moment I got a couple of marks, that're about a week old now, on my map :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
could you add an option to remove all marks made by WarCommander?
At the moment I got a couple of marks, that're about a week old now, on my map :D

Hmm, in that case WARCommander has lost track of them - it'd nuke it automatically otherwise.

If you right click the waypoint you can zap it :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I don't play this game, but I did play WoW, and I found BGSoundalerts2.0 to be one of the best mods. It basically announces what happens around the battleground. It checks the scrolling text for certain phrases then triggers an audio file to play depending on what the event was. I reckon this would be good for you BGers if there was a WAR version.

BGSoundAlerts 2 - Battlegrounds - World of Warcraft Mods, Addons, and More!

Can conflict with audio if your team talks too much on vent or ts, I guess.

Cool, wonder if I can get it to play the vocal tracks from the game.. would be nice to have a vocal 'CHEEARGE!'

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
oi Flim, possible to only have it broadcast to /2? ppl seem to think that /1 is the only channel worthy of rvr stuff. and i'd like to have atleast warcommander not spam it to death.

rynnor

Rockhound
oi Flim, possible to only have it broadcast to /2? ppl seem to think that /1 is the only channel worthy of rvr stuff. and i'd like to have atleast warcommander not spam it to death.

Alas 2 is not a region wide channel tho - if your reporting theres a load of enemy moving towards keep x you might want people outside the rvr lake to know and hopefully come and help?

Plus if your fighting in rvr and have to release you can miss stuff as you drop out of /2.

Perhaps they should make /2 actually region wide but make it an opt in channel maybe?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
/2 is supported - but as said sometimes it doesn't catch people in warcamps who've just flown in... which is probably why people use /1

Tell people to select the "RvR" channel on the interface...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Alas 2 is not a region wide channel tho

i know, thats the whole point of the request. if ppl arent in the rvr lakes its a fairly decent bet to say that they aint interested in whats happening there. /2 is there for a reason that usually doesent involve ppl doing PQ's or pve quests. /edit: and i'm fairly certain ppl in for example BC rvr lake can see whats written in TM rvr chat.

and if u just flown in its easy enough to see where your warband is going.

and its messing it up for ppl that use it in scenarios as we get both our updates AND their in the orvr lakes if we happened to join a sc from where all the action is.

and i have asked ppl to set it to the rvr channel, they usually dont even answer, and when they do its not very polite.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I could disable /1 in the next release.

and I'll have umpteen comments asking for it back ;)

People are the problem here. It does default to /warband...

If they're messing with your warcommander map/updates you can tell warcommander to ignore the channel or the person (it'll stop reacting to updates in that channel/by that person).

If it's just a problem with people spamming /1 then you'll get that whether they're using a mod or not unfortunately...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i know ppl use /1 most of the times for rvr stuff. but that mod is starting to be popular now, and when every warband leader + randoms use it its getting even more bussy in /1. even moreso then when ppl just wrote stuff in there.

i still opt for having /1 disabled, despite what ppl think about it because it IS starting to get spammy now. and i cant ignore everyone thats using it in /1 for tactical reasons. and ignoring/unignoring just gets frustrating after a while.

using /2 isnt hampering anything, it still gets broadcasted in all the rvr lakes in that tier, so ppl in CW rvr lake wont miss anything if anyone use it in reikland rvr lake. /edit: tho i cant for my life figure out why they would need to know being so far away :)

alternatively you could make "silent" updates for ppl not in orvr, meaning it still gets registered but it wont actually show up untill you enter it, and if the nuke timer ran out they didnt miss anything anyway. tho that is maybe not possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom