Help mobo problems

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
ok, just changed to a different mobo (2nd hand)

i run the xp setup cd and it doesnt recognise the hard disks i have connected

i have sata drives but i have also tried an ide hdd

when the windows setup loads the normal shit straight after it says

"starting windows" i get this stop error

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect damage to your computer"

then tells me to remove any newly installed hard drives or hard disk controllers

STOP error 0x0000007b7

HHELP

Kryten

Old Cow.
You need the sata drivers for your new motherboard on a floppy disk. Grab them from the manufacturers site and when XP setup starts hit F6 when prompted (right at teh start, it says at the bottom) and follow instructions to use the supplied driver.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
got the drivers, got a usb floppy pressed F6 it didnt do anything, didnt load anything, i pressed ESC then Enter to continue without loading any drivers,l it then loaded the SIL driver fro mthe floppy but the same bsod appearede at the same place as before

Yaka

Part of the furniture
leagacy shit ftl

hitting f6 means it wont look at you usb slots. it will just try to see if anyhtings connected to the floppy connection socket. there is a dinky list of about 4 makes of usb floppuys xp does support over usb but youd be hard pressed to find em.

the best way to solve your prob is slipstream a copy of xp via nlite and include the sata drivers

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
changed the usb port that the usb floppy was in and changed the ide connector from the one it was in to the ide connector on the Southbridge, low and behold it acceots the F6 but does not load the SATA driver

i pressed ESC again and the nenter thne it loaded the sata driver and started windows setup

its currently running the setup, but i got a strange error

"The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing..."

i pressed ok to load it anyway but lets see what happens now

will update

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
well, its up and runnig overclocked to 4.4 fro m3.6 on air cooling and stable

working miles better than my old rig, the drives i had were sata 2 but the mobo wasn't (go figure)

thanks for the help

Richard

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
well, its up and runnig overclocked to 4.4 fro m3.6 on air cooling and stable

working miles better than my old rig, the drives i had were sata 2 but the mobo wasn't (go figure)

thanks for the help

Richard

Good to hear!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom