Confused mobile interference

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
My speakers on my PC have started doing the thing when they pick up a mobile phone searching for a signal. You know that 'dat dada dat dada dat' noise

It only stated in the last 2 days and the phones and ipad are all in the kitchen at the other end of the house, and its constant, like every 20 seconds??

any ideas why it's doing it now?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My speakers on my PC have started doing the thing when they pick up a mobile phone searching for a signal. You know that 'dat dada dat dada dat' noise

It only stated in the last 2 days and the phones and ipad are all in the kitchen at the other end of the house, and its constant, like every 20 seconds??

any ideas why it's doing it now?
The local phone mast gone down? So phone is always searching?

Edmond

It must search all the time though, but why suddenly are my PC speakers picking it up?

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Perhaps its moving though the mains or your network cables. Did you try switching your mobiles off to check?

Edmond

Perhaps its moving though the mains or your network cables. Did you try switching your mobiles off to check?
I didn't actually, good point

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Weird. Perhaps fiddle with the speaker wires and move them away from any other wires. They're never shielded. The only other thing I can think would be to try to tune in to the frequency with an am/mw transistor radio and walk around playing hotter/colder until you find the source. At least that's how you find REIN - it might work for what you have - its long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom