Mmmhhh... New Posts (DAOC rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
I'm really sorry if this has been asked before. When I come to the forum and hit the 'New Posts' button up at the top... is there a secret option somewhere... like hide all Dark Age of Camelot stuff? I'm really not interested in wading through 3 pages of new post titles just to pick out the good stuff. No offence to DAOC players, but it's just rubbish. One of my mates has spent what seems like several years playing every waking moment he's not at work or sleeping.... It's crap. It's not good. It's just addictive crap for people with low self esteem, non-existant social skills and a need to feel powerful and strong when in reality they have spots and weigh around six and a half stone.

me :touch: DAOC community

:D Seriously though - is there any way to permanently filter these sub-forums out of stuff like the 'New Posts' search?

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Alb EXCAL - WTS Staff of Rigid Cock +1 Shaft 2PP,

PM Jordan BigTITS for info.

KKTHNX

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
:D

LOL

Just browsed through a few of the DOAC post there... very nearly shat myself laughing. Why is everyone a Level 50 Penetrator or Level 50 Grand High Ass Master. They should make it more 'real' and have players who are forced to be Level 0 Peasants FOREVER.... maybe every 100th player gets an account that allows rising beyond grubbing for potatoes and dying of old age and disease at age thirty.

Again, no (real) offence intended... but can't you all see that you're being taken for a ride with this type of addon-laden monthly-paying repetitious crap. RPGs are all very well for people approaching and going through puberty, but I have a feeling more than a few DAOC players are professionals in their thirties.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Omg Bruce Lee/green Yamo Avatar Yay!!!!!

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Rather than clicking the new posts button, how about you just browse the forums you're interested in and keep your opinions to yourself.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Rather than clicking the new posts button, how about you just browse the forums you're interested in and keep your opinions to yourself.

Nah... 'cause I'm a lazy, opinionated type of person. Surely it's not too much to ask.... I want to click a button that shows me all the non-DAOC new posts.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
mofo, perhaps you could subscribe to every area except DAoC, and browse your subscribed threads or something?

*hasn't tried this so doesn't know if it works*

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Dreadfully sorry to hear that our little (ahem) community is making your life so hard. I will go right back and ask everyone to refrain from posting because of the HUUUUGE inconvinience it is causing you.

...idiot.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
He has a valid point sissy, DAOC is of no interest to him, so he wants to filter the posts out from the new posts link. Whats wrong with that? Maybe he also wants to filter out the hardware section, would you expect people from hardware to give him a hard time?

Lighten up.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I guess yer right but I am tired of people bitching about us and blaming us for every ickle tiny thing that goes wrong. I also resent the implication that people who play these games should be pre-pubescent nerds with no social lives. If he had said that the people in the hardware section were all a bunch of beardo-brace wearing-cheese puff eating-fat bastard being-over masturbating-arse wipes I think they would get a bit testy as well. So, no, I don't think I will lighten up juuuuust yet.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Leave the DAOCers alone you horrible people you.
We're looking at a means of allowing people to see what they want to see, but we now do things at the pace of people who have real jobs, so it might take weeks rather than days.

Until then, its acknowledged that DAOC is busy and dominates the New Posts search but this isnt the DAOC communities fault, so wave yer bloody pitchforks and burning torches elsewhere.

Please.

:fluffle:

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Just a small note; Before the end of BW, the amount of total posts in DAoC came to about 20,000 - 23,000 iirc (It was twice what General et al was). It's more than doubled in that time since, to 52,000.

If most of that is I AER UBER LVL 50 SPASTIC TWAT, then going on to Congrats * infinitum, then something needs to be done.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Sir Frizz said:
Just a small note; Before the end of BW, the amount of total posts in DAoC came to about 20,000 - 23,000 iirc (It was twice what General et al was). It's more than doubled in that time since, to 52,000.

If most of that is I AER UBER LVL 50 SPASTIC TWAT, then going on to Congrats * infinitum, then something needs to be done.
Actually, you're out by over a factor of 10, there were more like 250k posts on BW/Game in the DAoC forums, that's right isn't it teedles?

Xav

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Mofo8 said:
I'm really sorry if this has been asked before. When I come to the forum and hit the 'New Posts' button up at the top... is there a secret option somewhere... like hide all Dark Age of Camelot stuff? I'm really not interested in wading through 3 pages of new post titles just to pick out the good stuff. No offence to DAOC players, but it's just rubbish. One of my mates has spent what seems like several years playing every waking moment he's not at work or sleeping.... It's crap. It's not good. It's just addictive crap for people with low self esteem, non-existant social skills and a need to feel powerful and strong when in reality they have spots and weigh around six and a half stone.

me :touch: DAOC community

:D Seriously though - is there any way to permanently filter these sub-forums out of stuff like the 'New Posts' search?

I 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 111th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th -----------------------------77th78th 79th -----------------------------------------------------------229th 230th 231th ----------------------------------------------------------------------100000000 th that !!!

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Xavier said:
Actually, you're out by over a factor of 10, there were more like 250k posts on BW/Game in the DAoC forums, that's right isn't it teedles?

Xav

I was referring to FH. Iirc, there was something stupid like 1 million on BW in the DAoC forums.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Sir Frizz said:

why dont you let the mods handle that? 4 daoc mods+jupitus are reading daoc forums (and yoni sometimes aswell it seems) so anything useless gets closed/deleted on time.

edit and no the gratz threads are only 5% or less of the board.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Why do you even care what they post though, as long as all the DAoCers are happy and they don't invade general?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
Why do you even care what they post though, as long as all the DAoCers are happy and they don't invade general?

While i agree with you.

They have a nasty habbit of screwing the boards over whenever a small troll or something get a nose bleed.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
still, their post count for the forum doesn't mean anything, whether it's 100, 100,000 or 10 million I couldn't honestly care less.

I think the current system works perfectly, the mods do a great job policing the great unwashed in the DAoC forums, and when they do 'step outside their cage' and misbehave then they're generally tranquilized and carried back into their native forums before they wake up.

That said, there have been more than a few DAoCers who have managed the transition to 'normal forumite' without a hitch. Loxleyhood isn't one of that number sadly, he's just currently loose until one of the RPG reserve gamekeepers can corner and cattle-prod him to the ground ready for 're-integration'. Heh.

Xav

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
That said, there have been more than a few DAoCers who have managed the transition to 'normal forumite' without a hitch. Loxleyhood isn't one of that number sadly, he's just currently loose until one of the RPG reserve gamekeepers can corner and cattle-prod him to the ground ready for 're-integration'. Heh.

Xav

Same thing happens on daoc boards though (except the only board, generalites can infiltrate are the OT's(as they dont know nor care for the daoc talk)). But occasionaly a generalite comes trolling there.
Off course as the daoc community seems to be larger and fh>general is a board people would sooner post on than daoc>ot's, it happens more often that a daoc trolls general then a generalite trolling ot's(yes there are also a few generalites who can post decently on ot's).

and dmw when the daoc servers go down, yes they have usually flood to FH to check what has happened(or when server gets patched to kill the 1 or 2 hours it takes to get them back up). Only way you can fix this is either improve the boards (better hardware or board taking less load, which is both getting done afaik) or get rid of the daoc boards. However dont see TDD and Deebs ditching the daoc boards.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
Only way you can fix this is either improve the boards (better hardware or board taking less load, which is both getting done afaik) or get rid of the daoc boards. However dont see TDD and Deebs ditching the daoc boards.

And if the new hardware wasn't coming?

We all be damned because you lot expect TTD and Deebs to spend cash upgrading the server, because some troll got a nosebleed?

Nice guy

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
And if the new hardware wasn't coming?

We all be damned because you lot expect TTD and Deebs to spend cash upgrading the server, because some troll got a nosebleed?

Nice guy

I dont have a problem with the server speed when something happens to the daoc servers. Most daoc'ers actually dont either, so they dont expect those upgrades. You do however.
Also when everyone suddenly goes ld (server crash), it is important to know what exactly happened and this board is atm the only way to do that for 90% of the people. If you suddenly cant see any CS or other fps game server anymore, wouldnt you try to find out what happened all of a sudden?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It's amazing that the generalites don't see any irony when they criticise DAoCr's. :rolleyes:

Cyfr

Banned
Well when I played DAoC and still used the general board I certainly had a problem with server speed when 100daoc'ers were spamming F5 to 'pass time' for a few hours. I still have that problem now.

You can't expect them to upgrade servers, speed etc, it's no longer a business, just a hobby for the owners.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
It's amazing that the generalites don't see any irony when they criticise DAoCr's. :rolleyes:

I play daoc and I use the general forum and have done for years. I don't feel the need to call them "generalites" and I don't feel a need to start slagging the most ub3r of txtspk Daoc players.

You however seem to just want to troll. So regardless of what forum you use or what game you play, sadly you come across as a bit of a fucking bell end.

Hopefully you might use your eyes and ears to stop talking out of your arse.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I just respond when someone wrongly attacks DAoCr's, and I always will.

I think you'll find if you look that DAoC players never go out of their way to attack people over something as trivial as who posts in what forum. This thread however is evidence that that is not the case with generalites.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TedTheDog said:
Leave the DAOCers alone you horrible people you.
We're looking at a means of allowing people to see what they want to see, but we now do things at the pace of people who have real jobs, so it might take weeks rather than days.

Until then, its acknowledged that DAOC is busy and dominates the New Posts search but this isnt the DAOC communities fault, so wave yer bloody pitchforks and burning torches elsewhere.

Please.

:fluffle:
I already gave Deebs an idea matey and it was DAoC "opt out" as supposed to my original opt in. It just needs testing.

Oh & loxley, he should be able to browse the board how he likes, not everyone has to like DAoC you know.

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
God this old chestnut again.

I can't really understand the hostility felt by some so called 'regulars' towards players of DAoC. Most of us, I'd guess, are into gaming in one form or another and berating one group because they are more nerdy than another group is absurd!

As for the board speed issue, and the great inconvenience caused to people who get shaky at the sight of a DAoC related post... get real eh?

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
At the moment the DAOC section accounts for 2/3 of this forum (Post wise). That means Joe Generalite has to wade through a whole heap of stuff when he wants to find out what's new on the forum, which is a pain in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom