Mmmhhh... New Posts (DAOC rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Or they could click on the general forum if it's really that big an issue.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
MYstIC G said:
not everyone has to like DAoC you know.

The GoA PR (Pelvis Relocation) squad would beg to differ, why only last week I tried to cancel my account and within 5 minutes 3 black vans with burly french tea-maids had surrounded my house and were beating down my door. Luckily I was able to jump out of a window and run to the safety of my local government safe-house but all the same it just goes to show the lengths GOA will go to, to keep their player base.

So don't blame us, we're just trying to get along with our lives (and keep our life insurance premiums down)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Would be nicer if they gave us that third server everyone has been asking for but I guess french tea maid assassin squads were no.2 on the 'what would you, the player, like to see implemented?' list. :)

Stupid GOA monkeys...

~looks out window~

Uh oh...gotta go.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Loxleyhood said:
Or they could click on the general forum if it's really that big an issue.
It is actually, the same thing happened on the GAME.net forums, before DAoC i used to use the new posts feature to go through all the new FPS stuff. After DAoC this was impossible, same trick applies now. Dunno about other people but DAoC confined me to general... not a good thing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its not the DAoC players fault regarding all of this. They have nowhere else to go (bless em).

I'm sure if they got their collective heads together, they would have the clout and the financial muscle to set up their own forums.

I do wonder though, how many more people find out about FH in general, through these forums being the DAoC official forums.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Xavier said:
Why do you even care what they post though, as long as all the DAoCers are happy and they don't invade general?
They care because they use the "View New Posts" button? I dunno... I do it all manually ;)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I do wonder though, how many more people find out about FH in general, through these forums being the DAoC official forums.

goas board closed down and BW took them over, I wasnt playing daoc at that time nor visiting BW so I wouldnt know how BW exactly became the main daoc board. So after bw being the official daoc board(for the uk servers) and it closing, fh took that over (with fh being more or less bw reborn).

GOA closed its own boards, because the amount of whining and threads asking goa for info were forming 90% of the boards. So there werent much actual useful threads.
Mythic (the company who makes the game and runs the US servers) doesnt maintain their own boards for the same reason, ign does that for them. They also had a board called Developers round table, which was a board where you could talk to the devs. However the devs stopped reading that subforum ages ago as people just whined and flamed others in it or they flamed mythic for their latest change. So not so suprising this board got changed to fans round table and isn't a place anymore where mythic will check what the community want (they use the other boards on ign for that).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As Ted says, we have real jobs now which means this impacts what we do on the forums.

Bear with us, there is a lot of stuff we are wanting to do, it's just hard finding the time to do stuff whilst working, being outside of your bedroom/office at home, shagging etc.

I am holding off doing anything major until VB3 gold is out. This is just around the corner, then I can get cracking on adding enhancements which should do a whole load of what we want and what you want.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
MYstIC G said:
Dunno about other people but DAoC confined me to general... not a good thing.

not a good thing for you, or the rest of the generalites :p :)

fang

Fledgling Freddie
If you're on these forums, that means u deal with computers (duh!)

HOW the hell can you say that every single player of DAoC is more of a nerd then you? If a person pops on the comp for an hour to spend a lil time away from the rest of his life (which DOES NOT have to be a junkjard filled with pimples btw), why should you care if he chooses to play DAoC or learn french or look at the daily news. If you do, then the problem is far from the DAoC community.
Ofcourse there are people who live at the computer in the DAoC section of the forums. Aswell as there are some in the general boards. So don't even try to go down the road of generalizing and putting us all into the same group. If i'd do that to you .. u'd be making this post aswell ... that or some sort of "3y3 r0xx0rz" type of thing ... i don't know you .. so can't really tell (see where i'm going here with this?).
Also i'd appreciate if this wouldn't turn into a pissing contest of: "how dare you say that to US?!?!?!11" sort of thing.
I know he has the right to wiev the boards free of all the DAoC posts, but should i flame you people for ruining these boards for me by getting all ur general posts inbetween the DAoC ones, which i want to read?
Asking for something to block these post is fair, but if you start pissing on my life because i play DAoC .. that is plain wrong ... Should be an ism of somesort anyways .. (daocist?)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
fang said:
If you're on these forums, that means u deal with computers (duh!)

HOW the hell can you say that every single player of DAoC is more of a nerd then you? If a person pops on the comp for an hour to spend a lil time away from the rest of his life (which DOES NOT have to be a junkjard filled with pimples btw), why should you care if he chooses to play DAoC or learn french or look at the daily news. If you do, then the problem is far from the DAoC community.
Ofcourse there are people who live at the computer in the DAoC section of the forums. Aswell as there are some in the general boards. So don't even try to go down the road of generalizing and putting us all into the same group. If i'd do that to you .. u'd be making this post aswell ... that or some sort of "3y3 r0xx0rz" type of thing ... i don't know you .. so can't really tell (see where i'm going here with this?).
Also i'd appreciate if this wouldn't turn into a pissing contest of: "how dare you say that to US?!?!?!11" sort of thing.
I know he has the right to wiev the boards free of all the DAoC posts, but should i flame you people for ruining these boards for me by getting all ur general posts inbetween the DAoC ones, which i want to read?
Asking for something to block these post is fair, but if you start pissing on my life because i play DAoC .. that is plain wrong ... Should be an ism of somesort anyways .. (daocist?)

... erm... LOL?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
:D

That was so good I had to check the IP to make sure it wasn't one of the regulars taking the piss :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The bitching doth endeth here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom