MLs 5 and 7 Sunday the 3rd July

Xzoltan

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian. Try to realise that Tilda cannot say every name in the BG who was hitting Katori at the time. Why do you even feel bothered when you didnt hit it ? I doubt that tilda will ban anyone from future raids etc for this. I agree with you, that maybe Tilda was a bit late yelling we shoulndt hit Katori, and yes, maybe she did overreact, but i admit i was more angry on the people not checking for credit, then i was at tilda yelling at everyone. But as i was one of those who stopped attacking it when he said, i just simply ignored it.. Its not hard :) People know who if they hit it or not. And as you didnt, just ignore it. And oh, about the sheep thing, if you have been on other raids with tilda you would know this was a joke, as he has used this one before :)

Matteh, are you sure i was around then ? :p ive just had a break for a couple of months so.. Those chars dosnt really sound familiar :(

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
I've been on his raids before, and one thing you should have noticed is that the stress level and number of rants has grown with each raid. This can probably be attributed to running a large number of raids in a short space of time, it just saddens me to see it happening.

You need to also consider that it's not just Tilda saying things when the raid starts to go slightly wrong, there's also a number of extremely vocal others who jump on the chance to start having a go. The net effect is any kind of fun rapidly evaporting from the raid, and pretty much zero chance to defend your position without the mighty /bg remove being used.

If i'm with a group of people, and somebody starts shouting 'You're ALL a bunch of fucking retards' then hell yes it upsets me, the thing is the vast majority of people who feel the need to do that in DAoC wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

Just trying to point out that it is possible to actually have an ML raid, and have fun at the same time, without upsetting people.

washington

Fledgling Freddie
well done tilda, I found both the MLs i was on very well run

respect due, u little toad ;)

Xzoltan

Fledgling Freddie
I agree that calling people retards is wrong, specially when we didnt have more time to react as we did. Still, its no excuse, when i can stop fighting the mob, so can others. They just didnt read the BG. It went wrong, and Tilda overreacted a bit. But when that is said, i dont think he abused the /bg remove command. There were a few times where i wouldnt have used it, but i totally understood and agreed with 95% of the time where he used it, because people wouldnt listen.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Xzoltan, this isn't an attack on Tilda: When i've talked to him via pm's in game in the past, and when i've RvR'd with him, we've always got along and i've found him to be a nice guy. I'm simply trying to offer some constructive criticism as to why some people got so upset, and as I've stated before the 'baying hounds' in /bc are probably a larger contributing fact in this.

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
Xzoltan said:
Arkian. Try to realise that Tilda cannot say every name in the BG who was hitting Katori at the time. Why do you even feel bothered when you didnt hit it ? I doubt that tilda will ban anyone from future raids etc for this. I agree with you, that maybe Tilda was a bit late yelling we shoulndt hit Katori, and yes, maybe she did overreact, but i admit i was more angry on the people not checking for credit, then i was at tilda yelling at everyone. But as i was one of those who stopped attacking it when he said, i just simply ignored it.. Its not hard :) People know who if they hit it or not. And as you didnt, just ignore it. And oh, about the sheep thing, if you have been on other raids with tilda you would know this was a joke, as he has used this one before :)

The amount of spam required to get half the idiots of the pier of ML5 was amazing, and to get them to do ANYTHING really whilst we were there they were just NOT listening :S

Xzoltan said:
Matteh, are you sure i was around then ? :p ive just had a break for a couple of months so.. Those chars dosnt really sound familiar :(

Yeah you were bowens bum chum lol im sure of it, it was longer than a couple of months ago, but I'm amazed to see bowen still remembers me lol

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Well run raids imo, my only problem was the way you control the zerg, the attitude you use, pretty much what HavoK said.

On the Ketoii step where pullers died and mob went down in seconds, would have been nicer to explain and say why we're going to repeat the step without the outburst abuse.

I felt abit guility about having to Smermolf out of the group tho, but I was told he deserved it for not listening by others. :(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Quite good fun all in all, waited too long for people who went ld, waited for people to finish on the phone to meet the zerg...

There were lots of people who died and then yelled in the BG about it and wanting a rezz - didnt u have clerics in your groups???? - before you start whinging that you didnt have a group - a simple /bg groups command would tell you all ungrouped people in the BG and then u just spam invite!

lag runs of doom into lava was funny and unnesessary.

There were also lots of dicks who kept dying in the lava in Typhoons room because you simply wouldnt listen!

with regard to 7.8 - tilda was spamming DROP killing - not telling people to stop, only when he was virtually dead did he say stop - (i was a cleric keeping my boys alive :) )- by then pet-spam-of-doom and icedebuff-ice-ice-ice was enuff to drop her

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
All in all this thread reads like a real nightmare with people falling out etc, very soon clustering is going to happen (forgot to mention im from Prydwen) would just like to mention the majority of Prydwen players are very nice people who offer respec to there raid leaders and in turn they have respect for those on it.
I for one cannot remember in all my time of playing anything sounding quite as hellish as this raid reads from the posts here, i for one hope that this wont be the case on future raids run after clustering takes place.
Anyway no offense meant to anyone and hi Excal cousins :)

Xzoltan

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
with regard to 7.8 - tilda was spamming DROP killing - not telling people to stop, only when he was virtually dead did he say stop - (i was a cleric keeping my boys alive :) )- by then pet-spam-of-doom and icedebuff-ice-ice-ice was enuff to drop her

Exactly what did you think DROP killing meant ?

Kinda annoys me i cant remember you matteh :p really trying to remember hehe

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
well all i read it as was DROP ie kill - as i said i was playing a cleric healing my boys in battle :) (doing a florance nightingale:) )

Tilda

Tip said:
All in all this thread reads like a real nightmare with people falling out etc, very soon clustering is going to happen (forgot to mention im from Prydwen) would just like to mention the majority of Prydwen players are very nice people who offer respec to there raid leaders and in turn they have respect for those on it.
I for one cannot remember in all my time of playing anything sounding quite as hellish as this raid reads from the posts here, i for one hope that this wont be the case on future raids run after clustering takes place.
Anyway no offense meant to anyone and hi Excal cousins :)

The raid wasn't that hellish. Only the bad parts are being bought to the forums, and tbh, most people were listening. Its sad that the 20 or so afk people who either are just stuck to me, or not paying attention, have the capacity to ruin the raid for everybody.
In general it is only a very small number, usually those who missed steps due to them being afk, or doing something wrong, who get cross. I think most albs who join ml raids realise that leading isnt easy and raid leaders can do without the whines.
Having said that, when I was on hib pryd and leading raids, the % of people who were afk or not following instructions was far, far smaller.
The thing that bugs me is people go afk, because ml's are percieved as boring and taking ages, in doing this they only make things worse. If there was a raid, where everybody did exactly as asked, and never went afk, i'd guess that it would up to 50% faster than a normal raid.

Looking forwards to raiding with you :D

Tilda

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
Xzoltan said:
Kinda annoys me i cant remember you matteh :p really trying to remember hehe

Hmm well u was leveling ur cleric in barrows about the same time i was

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
yes lol for some reason i practically remember everyone i saw from the beginning which was sooooo long ago :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom