ML.. someone please explain

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Heya :)

Am about to embark on this master level thing with these new raids but there are a few things I really dont understand, I think anyways. My thoughts are these..

There are 10 levels to do to get one master level. 1.1-10 up to 10.1-10 where the 10 is the "boss" and the other 9 is called presteps. Of these 9 presteps, there are some you HAVE to do, and some you dont, to be able to get credit for the boss kill so to speak. Correct?

Also, to make sure I understood this right, you are able to do the final boss kills and THEN the presteps and still get the master level credit?!?

Hope you can help a poor newbie :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
When ToA first came out Master Levels were "rather frustrating". You had to do steps .1 - .9 otherwise you wouldn't get credit for .10. Also there were more group steps and items that everybody had to farm. What this meant was that before a ML raid people would have to do certain steps and farm certain items. These were known as pre-steps.

Nowadays.
You can get .10 credit even if you haven't done steps .1 - .9.
Individuals don't need to farm items anymore and most steps can be done in the bg.
There are some steps that you still have to do solo or with a group but (with the exception of ML5*) these can be done at ANY time.
If you go link dead during a raid it is now possible to get the bg leader to grant credit, so if this happens rejoin the bg and ask for credit.

What you need to do before going on a ML raid.
Make sure you speak to the arbiter and become a ML initiate.

*Most of ML5 is done as a group. Only the last two steps are done as a BG and you need 3 items to turn yourself into a (very cool) mummy. For ML 5 you DO need to go on a group raid (which can take upto 4 hours) before the main bg raid.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
there are still some little requirements tho, to enter the ml7 dungeon u need to be ml1 and to to enter the ml9 dungeon u need to be ml3 and to enter the ml10 dungeon u need to be ml9
and to get the ml5.9 step(shown as group step but is always done with the bg) u need to have the 3 'of the ways' items and those can be bought or gotten from the ml5 group steps(ml5.1 - .8)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
there are a few things,

you can get any ml step without having prevoius credit, except for ml5, where you need ml5 group steps

some ml's are held in dungeons... these include ml2, ml3, ml5, ml7, ml9, ml10

however there are some basic requirements to enter these dungeons
ml1 abil needed to enter ml7 dungeon
ml3 abil needed to enter ml9 dungeon
ml9 abil needed to enter ml10 dungeon

there are 3 types of steps...
solo - you do on your own, only 2... ml1.5 and ml2.5
group - there are 3-4 in most ml except ml3, ml5, ml7, ml9 and ml10 -- ml5 and ml7 the majority of steps are group steps
bg, battlegroup - these are done with large numbers of people, preplanning required

you need to goto the arbitor, in the halls of atlantis, to embark on ml's

there is also mlexp, this is to give you the ability after you have all the steps, there are varoius ways to get mlxp -- high level mobs artis and helping others doing bg steps for ml's

most ml group steps can be done with a crappy group, cept for ml5 and ml7 these require a strong pve group to complete

without righting a guide for each step i dont think there is much else i can tell you...

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Rub said:
and to get the ml5.9 step(shown as group step but is always done with the bg) u need to have the 3 'of the ways' items and those can be bought or gotten from the ml5 group steps(ml5.1 - .8)

Aye im pretty sure u have to have actually DONE 5.1-5.8 aswell, just having the items never used to let u turn into a mummy, or was it get on the boat unless the steps had been completed, this may have been changed however but thats how i remember it from before as we tried to do it by borrowin the items and it didnt work. ML5 pres can be a bugger without the right classes sometimes :/

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Great bunch of replies there, thanks a lot you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom