missing

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like the nanny state culture is taking over FH, how many of these objecter's have watched death/injuries on humans on the likes of dirtyrotten.com etc and yet its a furry animal and its deemed wrong.

Maybe by showing disgust that it makes them feel better inside, justify that they are really a nice person, caring and sensitive, of course its BS :D
You're so full of shit. Invent an absurd scenario and use it to justify your point - total bollocks.

I HATE rotten and all of the similar sites. I'm sorry but I can't see a single link to nanny state rhetoric and finding a dead rat picture offensive. As I said before, these things are pets for many people and as such, I don't see how it'd be that different to showing a picture of a dead cat or dog. Throd has apologised (for showing the picture, not for killing the thing which is fair enough) so I don't see that there's much left to discuss.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I find being called a dick offensive but wazz did it anyway...I dont make a fuss. I ignore it and move on.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I admire Throddy for coming back and saying he was sorry if he'd offended anyone when he didn't particularly have to do so, or even care about the issue for that matter.

As to the image of the dead rat, in my own view it's not particularly offensive. It's not disgusting, there are no images of animal torment or graphic violence, he didn't pulverize it with a shotty, etc, in fact, being the god of CSS he is, he probably headshotted the thing causing instant death, so I guess it's up to you guys to define what you want to discuss, being it the content of the image or where to draw the line.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Forgive me trem but I dont think there is a better way of getting rid of rats than killing them, but on this occasion it wasnt working as well :) I dont feel bad or sorry about killing rats, I simply apologise for offendeding people thats all :(

What killing them does is make a horrible stink, Lester had rats at the shop and we had a dead one in the wall all summer, worst smell ever.

Also don't rats eat dead rats anyway, doesn't dead rotting flesh encourage more rats?

I just like the Pearl Jam song Rats, a great song for rat lovers everywhere :D

You're so full of shit. Invent an absurd scenario and use it to justify your point - total bollocks.

I HATE rotten and all of the similar sites. I'm sorry but I can't see a single link to nanny state rhetoric and finding a dead rat picture offensive. As I said before, these things are pets for many people and as such, I don't see how it'd be that different to showing a picture of a dead cat or dog. Throd has apologised (for showing the picture, not for killing the thing which is fair enough) so I don't see that there's much left to discuss.

I see bobs point though Nath, maybe he shouldn't of used the point here as he doesn't know everyone and maybe a dead rat shouldn't of been shown on a gaming forum. I guess if you want to see dead bodies you search for them and don't expect any on a fluffy forum.

TdC

They don't scam, don't fight
Don't oppress an equals given rights
Starve the poor so they can be well fed
Line their holes with the dead ones bread

Trem

They don't scam, don't fight
Don't oppress an equals given rights
Starve the poor so they can be well fed
Line their holes with the dead ones bread

*goosebumps*

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I wonder if it's alright to kill them Bob, or will we be contravening thier rights? :)

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if it's alright to kill them Bob, or will we be contravening thier rights? :)

Well theres the humane way to do it, or the alternative, a light toasting with a flame thrower then sit back and listen to the snap, crackle & pop :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What killing them does is make a horrible stink, Lester had rats at the shop and we had a dead one in the wall all summer, worst smell ever.

Also don't rats eat dead rats anyway, doesn't dead rotting flesh encourage more rats?

I just like the Pearl Jam song Rats, a great song for rat lovers everywhere :D

I see bobs point though Nath, maybe he shouldn't of used the point here as he doesn't know everyone and maybe a dead rat shouldn't of been shown on a gaming forum. I guess if you want to see dead bodies you search for them and don't expect any on a fluffy forum.

This pretty much sums it up for me: as Trem says, just killing rats is largely ineffective. If you want it to be effective you need to kill everything every couple of days - it's very time consuming, very expensive, and makes the place more of a health hazard until all the bodies are disposed of.

Thanks for the apologies throd, it does go some way.

The problem here is people seem to have no problem seeing images of dead wild rats. If they were dead fluffy wild cats, would people care as little?

The problem with wild rats and domesticated rats is there is very little difference between the two: the only major difference is that wild rats are not selectively bred, and are not looked after by people - some carry diseases, but a lot don't - if they carried as many diseases as people think their population wouldn't be as high as it is.

Dukat: while it is not against the rules to post pictures, it is advised in the that anything that could be deemed as particularly offensive should be considered for appropriacy and be hidden within spoiler tags if necessary. I don't find the images offensive, but I do find them partially upsetting - it is certainly not something I would expect or want to see on any forum based on gaming. This is not rotten.com, I do not expect to see images of death on these boards. It is inappropriate and would possibly be very upsetting if any young children stumbled upon it.

The other thing you don't seem to understand is that half the time I call people dicks I'm being light hearted and totally not serious. Most of the people on these boards know this because they know my posting style for years now. I also think comparing calling someone a dick, serious or not, is nowhere near as offensive as images of death - regardless of what creature is pictured. One is expected for internet forums, one isn't.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH

My chicken died. :(

IT JUST DOESN'T MOVE ANYMORE!

PS. This is a joke.

TdC

Frizz, I have some difficulty matching the pic of you in the pic thread with the fact that you own a fluffy pink chicken plushie. This is very very serious my young friend o0

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The problem here is people seem to have no problem seeing images of dead wild rats. If they were dead fluffy wild cats, would people care as little?

No I wouldnt have a problem if this was shown. I may not like what i see but I fail to see how it's offensive. If it was someone's domestic cat that got killed in a bear trap I would not find it offensive. I would not enjoy seeing it though.

I see road kill all the time. Splatted cute foxes, birds, hedghogs, rabbits etc on the road. I dont go ooh I'm all offended the road department hasnt cleaned that up. I dont really like to see it but its life.

Is it offensive to see a film of bambi being ripped to shreds by a crocodile or a Lion? Can i post a picture of that?

Where do you draw the line?

The word "offensive" gets used far to often. People seem to get wound up by the slightest thing these days. Its getting ridiculous.

Seeing grown men in rubber suits as shown in another thread is not enjoyable to see and I liken that to the dead rat picture.

I dont think Throd should apologise. Fair play to him that he has...

Its time for people to grow up and get some thicker skin...

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
It is inappropriate and would possibly be very upsetting if any young children stumbled upon it.

While that is true, i'd hardly think the constant reference to lubing each others backsides or the barrage of profanities posted on here is suitable for children either.

*I'm in no way saying you are responsible for such references btw.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Dukat: while it is not against the rules to post pictures, it is advised in the that anything that could be deemed as particularly offensive should be considered for appropriacy and be hidden within spoiler tags if necessary. I don't find the images offensive, but I do find them partially upsetting - it is certainly not something I would expect or want to see on any forum based on gaming. This is not rotten.com, I do not expect to see images of death on these boards. It is inappropriate and would possibly be very upsetting if any young children stumbled upon it.

All of this fits nicely into your expectations for an internet forum but not necesarily anyone or everyone else's.

This place isnt roten.com, you're right, but its also not playdays.com either, (as much as trem might protest :p). The majority of posters are grown ups and I really think that alot of what is posted here would be classed as very upsetting if young children stumbled apon it, look at most of the tongue in cheek posts here and you'll find phrases and pictures that arent for young eyes.

The other thing you don't seem to understand is that half the time I call people dicks I'm being light hearted and totally not serious. Most of the people on these boards know this because they know my posting style for years now. I also think comparing calling someone a dick, serious or not, is nowhere near as offensive as images of death - regardless of what creature is pictured. One is expected for internet forums, one isn't.

You think that they arent the same, I do. I have a different opinion because I'm a different person. I can understand how some "pictures of death" might offend people but I dont see how the pictures throd posted are all that bad, its not like the thing has been ripped apart is it? its not like throd's written a funny message in the blood and posted "HAHA NO MORE CHEESE FOR YOU" with the picture is it? That might have been considered offensive and posted solely to get a rise out of people, but what throd has done just isnt on the same level. Hes quite obviously not posted it to get a rise out of anyone.

Look, we're getting off track here. What I'm trying to say here is that while you're offended by it, others are not. TdC doesnt find it offensive, neither do I, neither would many people I know of. I find you calling throd a dick, tongue in cheek or not, offensive. I find people are saying "theres no more to talk about here" as if throd should have apologised, offensive.

I'm offended by the content of your posts and I know many people would be, far more than those who would be offended by a picture of dead vermin. Dys said you called him a dick and offended him, so maybe people dont get your style of posting as much as you think? Quite frankly if I find something offensive more often than not I'll ignore it and move on, rather than drawing up plaquards to protest every little thing I dont like, I dont see how things like this are such a big issue.

I honestly dont really think anyone seriously expects, or cares, if you apologise for calling people dicks, that isnt the point of my post. What I'm trying do is show you the fact that while throds post is offensive to you personally, it isnt against the rules and required NO apology. Throds a bloody good bloke so he has anyway.

I guess this is all getting a bit silly now, I just dont see how throd deserved the treatment he's received in this thread.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Frizz, I have some difficulty matching the pic of you in the pic thread with the fact that you own a fluffy pink chicken plushie. This is very very serious my young friend o0

My chicken had name, damnit!

Trem

While that is true, i'd hardly think the constant reference to lubing each others backsides or the barrage of profanities posted on here is suitable for children either.

*lubes*

*bums*

bob269

Fledgling Freddie

Just out of interest, how can you make such moralistic posts while sporting an avatar of a guy aiming a gun (possibly at a rat) :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
its not like throd's written a funny message in the blood and posted "HAHA NO MORE CHEESE FOR YOU" with the picture is it? [

I would have done but to be honest I wouldnt want thier filthy blood on my fingers Id get weils disease or something :)

I do think there are appalling double standards here. A couple of years ago I shot my first ever pheasant, so I took a picture of it, if I posted it here next to a picture of 4 chicken breasts from Tescos I can guess the complaints Id get. Never mind the fact that the chickens spent thier short 8-12 week existance in a shed, then were killed and chopped up. Never mind the fact that this is a picture of the componant part of a chicken. The other one HAS A HEAD !!

Let me tell you something. Chickens got heads too :)

To be honest I reckon I know a lot more than a lot of people here about British nature and our environment.A part of life is death. in my opinion, rats near houses have to die. Rats on the river bank, not a problem.

I apologised because I didnt mean to offend anyone, not because I killed a rat. Im glad I killed it, and the others. I used the electric things because they worked, thats all. I do not want rats in my house, the end.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of interest, how can you make such moralistic posts while sporting an avatar of a guy aiming a gun (possibly at a rat) :D
It's not a guy, it's God. He can aim his high calibre sniper rifle at whomever he chooses.

Besides it's ok, he got distracted by a phonecall from his ex-girlfriend before he fired.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Ok, so you'd be fine with dead cat pictures or is there some arbitrary line you draw between rats and other pets?

< humans = ok

Its not arbitrary at all. We are top of the food chain, why the fuck should we care?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
< humans = ok

Its not arbitrary at all. We are top of the food chain, why the fuck should we care?

Exactly! This is why homeless people should be used for target practice. Think of all the poor, innocent clay pigeons that we can save!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Throd,

Just got back from the flics and may I congratulate you on killing non-domesticated rats. If I have a chance of killing one I will, they are nothing but fucking vile vermin with no purpose, much like Chilly. Same goes for pigeons. Kill them all and take pride!

Now, when you shoot the fuckers is your air-gun powerful enough to send the pellet clean thru them? Also, when you go hunting do you put on the Rambo outfit?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Lets get some demarcation here Deebs. Your feral pigeon is indeed a rat with wings, but you wood pigeon is a noble bird, a great quarry and good to eat too. I saw last week Sainsburys were selling a pair of pigeon breasts for £3.99!!

Mostly I use my Benelli M2 or Mossberg 500 by the way, the air rifle is for the garden, a fine thing though it is.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I was talking about those pigeons that would take ya hand clean off if they could, not the nice pigeons that make coo. Spose we had better clarify what we are talking about.

So, Rambo or Arnie when you have the fuckers in the sights?

ScoobyDoo{KEA}

Fledgling Freddie
i bet he cams up and camps in the fucking bushes with his AWP :)

he made it using his air rifle and a empty box of shreddies
trem told me.
oh and hows the missus toblerone fettish going trem m8 :)

Trem

All I said was Samm likes Toblerones up her because triangles turn her on. Hardly a fetish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom