Minstrel, why?

carp

One of Freddy's beloved
Azathrim said:
1551 with 345 strength for you Xenja, it fits? :)

And yeah, Xenja .. Steveirwin mezz too on top of the DD's. And your possible higher melee damage is negated by his ablatives.

Overpowered Mincers. Remove their stealth, give them parry or shield spec.

Yes 40point ablative rly negates all the dmg!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
carp said:
I thought Mincers usually spec'd 50 Instruments for the 70 ablative. But even so... yeah, against a two-hander I would think 40-70 hit ablative every 6 seconds would negate the 5.5% difference in WeaponSkill Skalds hold over Minstrels.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, well its not like he walks away without a scratch, last time he got me with FZ, but I have that as well now :)

Xen

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Overpowered Mincers. Remove their stealth, give them parry or shield spec.

Yeah, overpowered minstrels, better give them shield spec so we get a stun that lasts longer than the one we have, I wouldn't complain too much about that. :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
Yeah, overpowered minstrels, better give them shield spec so we get a stun that lasts longer than the one we have, I wouldn't complain too much about that. :)
Fine with me, Mincers are fine in visible combat. The problem is in stealth warfare.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Fine with me too if thats what it takes to remove their stealth :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
So according to u that means that savages should be nerfed to infinaty (Alb Merc/Arms Hib Hero/BM Mid Warrior/Zerk/Savage), the game ISNT designed so all realms are suppost 2 be equal, would be rather boring tbh if it was.

So basically a Skald then?

Not everything is suppost to be clear cut black or white, as with everything there is always the grey area.

savage dont get in NF same "candys" what other light tanks, examples,
reflex attack (hmm dunno why friar is here?), charge and prevent fllight.
so in my eyes its poor say we have savage as 2nd light tank when in true savage is left out from some ra:s what all light tanks get.

offcourse NF is still under work but still believe when NF come live US, savage is missing some light tanks abilitys.
hmm mean whit this why MOS need keep out from minstr, or give movement bonus but keep out detect stuff.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Tuppe said:
savage dont get in NF getting same "candys" what other light tanks, examples,
reflex attack (hmm dunno why friar is here?), charge and prevent fllight.
so in my eyes its poor say we have savage as 2nd light tank when in true savage is left out from some ra:s what all light tanks get.

offcourse NF is still under work but still believe when NF come live US, savage is missing some light tanks abilitys.
hmm mean whit this why MOS need keep out from minstr, or give movement bonus but keep out detect stuff.

Do not need PF with disease.

Charge is the only RA that can save a tank from grapple it seems...(which all tanks know is utter shit at the moment xE)

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Tell me how hard does a random mid do damage wise ooe?

If he goes ooe he should blame absolutely nothing but himself for not using endpots/being grouped with endregen char.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
carp said:
Your 44 inst sucks carp, respec. I had 44 inst for god damn years, the 70 point ablative just rocks o_o

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tuppe said:
savage dont get in NF same "candys" what other light tanks, examples,
reflex attack (hmm dunno why friar is here?),

Friars are there because :

a) At the moment Reflex Attack is the Friar Unique RA
b) Removing something from friars and given it to the most overpowered class at the moment in melee would be a major punch to the class who isnt really fitting in RvR-groups at the moment and suffers from various problems for the last 2 year.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
If he is onehanded wouldnt he have difficulties holding the shield? :p

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Friars are there because :

a) At the moment Reflex Attack is the Friar Unique RA
b) Removing something from friars and given it to the most overpowered class at the moment in melee would be a major punch to the class who isnt really fitting in RvR-groups at the moment and suffers from various problems for the last 2 year.

hmm nope, reflex attack isnot friars unique, "Friars, BMs, Mercs, Zerkers" get this if that ra ability list is even near up dated?
well, can believe allso that list is old like hell.
http://www.camelotherald.com/newfrontiers/realmabilities/abilities.php

friars unique is
Whirling Staff
PBAE attack that does moderate damage and makes all melee targets in 350 radius unable to attack for 6 seconds.

i dont think savage is most overpowered class in melee, whit buffs and good group support its great class, agree that.
inf is most overpowered class at this moment in melee, give inf same ra:s what light tanks have and voila, nobody beat this class.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe, currently friars have a reflex attack RA - hence people refer to it as Friars unique ability.

I also think thats why they get this ability along side the light tanks.

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Wow why don't you guys just get the torches out and burn us all while you are at it?

Minstrel is by far the only char in albion that is fun to play (at least to me) after 2+ years. And because a few people get their butts handed to them, they cry NERF MINSTRELS!

Couple things you MUST understand. Throughout the ages, its been pretty much well accepted that minstrels are rogues, traveling singers who boost the morale of others they keep company with by sharing songs of the heros of the time. Sure there were court minstrels, but from what I have read, that was an elite profession that only a handful were given. So hanging out in pubs, with the working class and other shady characters was their way of life. By Mythic's definition, rogues have stealth. If you take away our stealth, we are no longer rogues. Perhaps make us wear studded leather, that might be a better compromise. (plus I look really cute in it :D)

But until they do, I really wish that people would stop demanding things be removed from classes they deem "overpowered" and instead insisting that other abilities be added to others. Hell, I'd even give up my heal song, not like I use it much. Seriously though, how many of you who are upset have actually played a minstrel? Playing a minstrel isn't hard at all, and soloing with one isn't either. Granted, I can't take on reds/purples (well i could with a pet, but i'm not much of a pet minstrel), and I don't do powerleveling, but I can solo most yellows/oranges which comes in handy when you need to farm for cash. I find playing a paly or caster more complex that swapping a few instruments around. Also, do you realize how crappy our stealth is? Many of our spells/mezes/stuns can and are resisted after the first cast.

I am not happy that they are taking our SoS and giving it to the other music classes. That was the one really great thing that made minstrels without a doubt the best and a necessity in any group. All of our other spells can be done by other classes and usually better (except for speed). I think that Mythic is definately trying to calm the whiners by doing this, and they should have given Albs and Mids group purge if they are doing that.

Anyway that's my 2 gold...and I will continue to play my minstrel happily. But if ever they do what you guys are demanding you will see a strong decline in minstrels, then Alb will be screaming Where's Our Minstrels?? We Need Speed!! But we will have put down our drums (including me) since most of us actually like to jump in and be of use, instead of being a drum you-know-what for a zerg.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
TBH mistrals need more abilities to compeate with the other realms mach5 class as currently mistrals are the only one that cannot drop another group out of speed at 1500 range (hell Bards can do it at 2300). Change there stun to 1500 range or something

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
TBH mistrals need more abilities to compeate with the other realms mach5 class as currently mistrals are the only one that cannot drop another group out of speed at 1500 range (hell Bards can do it at 2300). Change there stun to 1500 range or something

Since you're talking about Mach 5 classes, have yet to see a skald drop another group out of speed at 1500 range.
Maybe he runs up to them and whacks all 8 really really fast? ;o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom