Minstrel TL

Fsantos

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone post the last Minstrel TL report? I dont have access to VNboards or Mithic website becose of proxy, i will be most apreciated :)

Thx

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Magic Issues

1. Instruments
* Alluring Melodies

Issue Description:
Charmed pets are unable to keep up with boats in Frontiers, and are ignored when using portals in the Frontier and in ToA.

Mythic Response:
Boats and portals are different code issues. Portals are a bug, and boats are under ongoing investigation but as of yet have no fix available.

2. Instruments
* Commanding Cadence

Issue Description:
This song is played on the flute and has a static cast time of 3 seconds, unmodifiable by Dexterity or ToA Spell Casting bonus.

In the modern fast-paced RvR field, this is a VERY long time. In comparison, the Mentalist single target mezz has a cast time of 3 seconds but since it is a spell, it can be speeded up with dex and ToA Bonus. The Skald has an instant shout that has the same duration as our flute mezz.

Can we have the flute mezz cast time modifiable by dex and ToA bonuses?

Mythic Response:
All of those differences (including stealth ability and the ability to move while casting) have been taken into account when designing whether to allow your mezzes and other spells to be modified by ToA bonuses.

3. Instruments
* Dischordant Howl

Issue Description:
Also the Deafening Cacophony line.

Both these DD lines have a range of 700. In RvR today, a lot of combat takes place around towers and keeps. 700 range is frequently not enough to be able to use it while defending a keep or tower from the ramparts. An increase to 850 at least would make a tremedous difference. I am sure the same is true for Skalds.

Mythic Response:
Your DD spells are a melee tool and are not meant for long range combat. We hope that tower razing and other recent changes will address the larger issue, which is really melee in NF more than the ability for Minstrels to cast ranged spells.

4. Instruments
* Enrapturing Lullaby

Issue Description:
This spell is the AE mezz spell. Its cast time is 5 seconds, which in modern RvR is much too long. When Lurikeen casters are able to cast spells in the region of 1 second, spending 4-5 seconds casting an AE spell with only 250 AE radius instead of the usual 350 radius, means it is very difficult to complete the casting of this spell.

Mythic Response:
AE Mezz is actually a pretty powerful spell for someone who can stealth. We don't have any plans to change it at this time.

5. Instruments
* Enrapturing Lullaby

Issue Description:
Mezz on mobs underwater does not prevent them moving along the Z-axis.

Mythic Response:
Thank you for reporting this bug.

Realm Ability Issues

1. Mastery of Stealth

Issue Description:
Minstrels using stealth are feeling even more vulnerable now, since Vampiirs are able to buff their own stealth detection ability. Granting access to even a limited level of Mastery of Stealth, even just level 1 would help a great deal.

Mythic Response:
There are no plans to allow Minstrels access to the Mastery of Stealth line.

Master Level Issues

1. Sojourner
* Forceful Zephyr & Reveal Crystalseed

Issue Description:
Forceful Zephyr: The new recast timer of 15 minutes is too long. This is longer than many RA timers and much longer than a lot of other ML ability timers. 10 minutes would be much more appropriate. Reveal Crystalseed: The restricted AE of this ability (500 radius) means you need to know where a mine is likely to be located before using it. Coupled with having to set Ground targets, it makes the ability very difficult to use. Much better would be changing it into a self buff that allowed you to see mines in your field of view for a duration.

Mythic Response:
Forceful Zephyr: We changed the timer to 15 minutes because by design it was a more appropriate timer. At this time we have no plans to change it back. Your Reveal Crystalseed request has been added to the discussion list.

2. Warlord
* The whole ML line

Issue Description:
In general this ML line is sub-par. The early abilities are useful: Seige Master, Bolstering Battlecry and Cowering Bellow (which does overlap in function with the Minstrel RR 5 Calming Notes RA) Resilient Will, Guided Strike, Cleansing Aura share the same timer and their duration is too short with 30s being the longest. Energizing Aura: now that all melee classes have a very good base endurance regen has been rendered less useful than when designed. Defending Martyr places too much of a penalty on the caster to make it worth using. Sadly the noble concept of "sacrificing oneself for the good of the realm" doesn't work in the game as it currently stands. Leadership does not appear to have any discenible effect. Its duration is too short (30s) and its recast timer too long (5min). Warguard overwrites the absorb buffs of casters and friars so is a very unpopular ability with those classes.

Mythic Response:
Thank you for your feedback, your suggestions are always welcome.

Class Ability Issues

1. Climbing

Issue Description:
Can we have more climb points on keeps?

Could we get climb points on Towers? More combat takes place around towers than keeps so this would allow wall climbers to have a better role in tower attacks.

Mythic Response:
We agree that more climb points would be nice, and we would like to put them in eventually, but more pressing changes take precedent over this one. Please request in your next report.

2. Safefall

Issue Description:
With the increased height of Keep walls in Frontiers, the lower levels of Safe Fall (usually Minstrels will have Safe Fall 3 at most) need to protect from higher elevations.

Mythic Response:
This is slated for change in an upcoming patch barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Item Issues

1. Ethereal Phoebus Harp (summoned instrument from Phoebus Harp Necklace)

Issue Description:
The stats of this instrument are not good for Minstrels, but seem designed for Bards in Hibernia.

2% body
2% matter
2% spirit
8% spell duration
5% casting speed
10 dex cap bonus

Spell Duration affects charm pulse, Stun and Mezz duration so is a fair bonus.

Casting Speed will only affect 2 spells from the Minstrel's repertoir. The others are either continuous songs, or in the case of Flute Mezz (Alluring Melodies line), it has a static cast time of 3 seconds unmodified by dex or ToA bonus.

Dex cap is of very little use to most Minstrels for the same reason. Dex will afffect the casting speed of only 2 spells. It has some effect on the chance to evade, but no other use while the instrument is being used (ie non-combat). As a result very few Minstrels consider this stat worth taking high enough to cap, so this bonus is redundant.

Mythic Response:
We understand your concern, but the item was designed to have the widest appeal to all singing classes. At this time we have decided not to make any changes to existing artifacts . We will consider your argument when adding similar items in the future.

2. Artifacts breaking speed

Issue Description:
The following artifacts put you into combat mode when you use their abilities, thus breaking speed:

Cloudsong (use2 Arcane Leadership)
Ceremonial Bracers (both uses)
Crown of Zahur (use2 Arcane Leadership)
Gem of Lost Memories (use2 Banish Fear CC reduction buff)

Mythic Response:
Generally speaking, artifacts that can be used offensively are supposed to break speed. Thanks to this report, Ceremonial Bracers (both uses) & Gem of Lost Memories (use2 Banish Fear CC reduction buff) causing speed to drop were fixed in 1.76. Also, artifact effects that are considered chants will overwrite existing chants by design.

3. Crocodile Tears Ring

Issue Description:
Can we have some command or option that switches off the level 10 ability for the times when we don't WANT to provide AE speed (for example) but don't want to have to take the ring off.

Mythic Response:
It's an interesting idea, but not at this time.

Other Issues

Issue Description:
Instrument/Weapon swapping:

By their very nature, Minstrels tend to swap from drum to weapons to flute to weapon to drum etc during the course of a fight. If the weapon/shield/drum has +con +hp then when you unequip, you loose the benefit of those bonuses EVEN if the wpn/drum/flute you are swapping to has the same bonuses. Same with +Charisma/Acuity and power. This means artifacts such as Malice, which has +con +hp and +caps to both, don't allow the minstrel to gain the full benefit of the bonuses.

Typically a Minstrel will start a fight with drum equipped and then swap to weapon, so even if the drum had the same +con and +hp as the weapon, it would require time while in combat to regenerate the lost hps before they got full benefit. Might it be possible then, to delay the recalculations of the stat for a second or so to allow the bonuses to settle down, OR actually grant the full benefits immediately on equipping the item?

Mythic Response:
Messing with the timing in which stats show up after switching items would effect all classes, not just Minstrels. While we understand your frustration, this is just one of those things that is part of the game mechanics and cannot be changed without causing a horde of other problems.

Issue Description:
Master Level : Convoker : Speed Warp

While the changes in 1.74 are very welcome, the Area of Effect is still too large - its range appears to be the clip plane so as soon as you see it, you are affected by it - there is no way to avoid it.

Mythic Response:
Recently, we reduced the radius and duration of this ability. We don't plan to make futher changes at this time.

New Frontiers Issues

Issue Description:
Realm Hastners:

Please make it only cast speed on the person who activated the hastener, instead of AE to avoid overwriting speed provided by the Minstrel to his/her whole group.

Mythic Response:
If we were to make it so that the hastener's spell only affected the player who activated it, it would not transfer to that player's pet.

:m00:

Fsantos

Fledgling Freddie
This is the last Minstrel TL ? bah ...

Misntrel TL suck and Mithic doest seen to care about misntrel ...

:( :( :( :(

Syri

FH is my second home
... and that is why i rolled a friar instead...

VaaN^

Fledgling Freddie
Fsantos said:

why fix something that isnt broken? minstrels is really one of the best designet classes imo ..

Nate

FH is my second home
aye tbh, the minstrel class is a few levels higher then what the skald is atm. if u guys think minstrels suck, take a look at the "singing" class of midgard's spells. u got aoe mez, insta stun, stealth, charm, ablatives, pow regen, cure mez..if ur not winning fights, ur playing the wrong class.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
yeh, minstrel doesn't really need any love atm. only thing i find annoying is the DD damage, but guess that goes for skalds too. have been rather crap since everyone got their CL resist buffs :)

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
TL reports are kinda funny, in the overall i never see class balance suggestions, but lots of "hey it would be pretty nice if we had <blank>" stuff...
This report made me laugh especially coz first he whines that casts affected by dex would be unfairly fast as they are reduced to around 1 sec castime compared to their 3 sec flutemezz while forgetting the from stealth and while moving bonuses he has finnishing his terrific joke in his next point claiming the (from stealth) ae mezz would take nearly the full 5 sec of its castime

Splendid... and next week the bonedancer TL will complain about the lack of survivability in his supression line

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic said:
It's an interesting idea, but not at this time.

Aka, apply lube and bend over :p

gotta love mythics responses >_<

I do however agree with most ppl here...cant see mincer needing anything atm. Strong class.

/Dracus

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
half the TLs dont even play anymore, the last hero report was back in July'05, complete waste of time

Kolez

Fledgling Freddie
Fsantos said:

CC and Stealth are I WIN toys, so i think Mincers were cared for from day 1 dont you think?

Fsantos

Fledgling Freddie
YEs yes, we are the Jack of all trades, but the master of none, and yes we are a strong class in duo or trio, weak at solo compared to all st classes and weak in 8 man grp, lack of damage for asssist, weak in interrupt, only 4 toys to do it and this have timers and only 1 target only ... our aoe mezz its the best toy we have to interrput but it takes to long to cast ... so we are taking 1 spot in alb grp for only speed 5 and sos ? lol get anoter sorcerer bether interrut class imo !! albs are doomed to run 8man grp without dps ...

Long live the mid and Hib grps ...

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
minstrel class is one of the few classes that doesnt really need a nerf or a boost.

and to the ppl who cant solo as a minstrel... shoul really roll somthing different... DDs, stun (insta), can mezz while running, can do ok in melee. ablative. stealth....

best solo stealther out there imo. add zephyr if u specced soj and ml9... load of util.... IP, sos... yadaydaydayda

i could go on :p

roxx class

Fsantos

Fledgling Freddie
Minstrel to win must cast ml10 warlord +batler, malice buff or ZW, sb, ns, rangers or hunter just seen to spam stilles and win the fight ... i can see someting not working right ... We must use toys to win ... and yes i can solo nice, sometimes can even kill high rr ones with ip+purge+warguard+batler up ... Minstrel are not so great at solo ... shines at duo+trio, suck at 8 man run

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Fsantos said:
Minstrel to win must cast ml10 warlord +batler, malice buff or ZW, sb, ns, rangers or hunter just seen to spam stilles and win the fight ... i can see someting not working right ... We must use toys to win ... and yes i can solo nice, sometimes can even kill high rr ones with ip+purge+warguard+batler up ... Minstrel are not so great at solo ... shines at duo+trio, suck at 8 man run

if you think minstrels suck solo, try a cleric.....

:m00:

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i pretty much never solo on my mincer, i always duo with scouts

VaaN^

Fledgling Freddie
Fsantos said:

lol :puke:

if you can only win with timers you either suck really really bad or you just need to remake your template :)

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
sorry for going OT but can anyone find the last reaver TL report? cant seem to find it (~not being able to use search function)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fsantos said:
weak at solo compared to all st classes..
thats rubbish, they are one of the best solo classes around, so many toys.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
do ml10 warguard still overwrite caster and friar absorb?
if it does, its a useless ML line consider grouping.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Urgluf said:
sorry for going OT but can anyone find the last reaver TL report? cant seem to find it (~not being able to use search function)

I know its an old one, but I couldn't find a newer one, hope it helps

Catacombs said:
07/26/04
Reaver TL Report

Summary
While a solid, yet low population class, Reavers are in need of a few tweaks to bring them up to par on the battlefield. Very little has changed since the last TL report in regards to Reavers, so most will seem reminiscent.

Spec Line Concerns

Soulrend

1) Soulrending Scaling: At lower levels Soulrending is a wonderful spec and most advise to keep it equal or 1 below your level. However, at higher levels the return on the spec points is not nearly as great as the lower levels. Case in point there seem to be 2 popular ways of speccing a Reaver. One is to sacrifice Soulrending beyond 39(41 is possible if you autotrain flex to 48...) for Slam. The concept behind that is to stun the opponent, get behind them and Levi them 2 or 3 times. This template focuses on maximum damage. However, for those who do not go for Slam but rather keep Soulrending high, I would like to see more utility for them. That way you can choose heavy slam damage, or more utility from Soulrending.

2) The chants need an indicators when they are on. Current ‘interface’ is very confusing for new reavers and difficult to determine what is on in heated battles.

3) Trials of Atlantis introduced some items(most of which are artifacts) which include a Offensive Proc Buff charge. These do not work in conjunction with Debt to Arawn. Since a Reaver’s melee damage is balanced around having that proc up, we need to sacrifice either utility of the item or utility of our self-buff. Many would like to see the current scheme changed to allow for Debt to Arawn and 1 item proc buff to be up at the same time.

Style Issues

Flexible

1) Python: The Flexible spec 25 style, currently has a very low damage bonus and an absurdly high endurance cost To make matters worse the weak AE Str debuff breaks mez in PvE and can attract unwanted company when soloing. Python is perhaps the most useless style of the game, with no role it is appropriate for. While I do not seek to turn this style into another ‘Amethyst Slash’ or ‘Double Frost’(pre or post nerf), but rather a style with a niche use. One example would be to swap the AE Str debuff with a Disease proc. By doing this would make it viable to open a fight with another player with, but not a style you would use more than once a fight(if even that).

2) Indigosnake’s proc fires as a level 18 spell, making the onnly side style much less useful at high levels.

3) Cobra being at the end of a 4 part block chain makes its usability in RvR very difficult.

Realm Ability Issues

1) Determination’s Cost vs Effect is extremely low and unappealing for the points.

2) With Wild Power and Dual Threat, Reaver spells can crit. However, only 3 spells can actually crit; the lifetap shout, DoT shout and Wrack chant. Of those 3, only the tap does any real damage, the others do very little damage and are mainly interruption & anti-stealth tools.

Item Issues

1) Most glowing flexible weapons are simply a glowing ball at the tip. Would like to see more ‘complex’ glowies, such as lash-long glowies.

2) Currently, the Snack Charmer’s is the only flexible artifact out there. Every other weapon type has at least 2 artifacts. Would like to see at least one other artifact added.

Other Concerns and Issues

1) The Reaver lifetap spell effect should keep the ‘evil black smoke’, lose the red taunt graphic.

2) A while back the rear arc was made smaller to allow the side arcs to be larger and easier to use. However, the rear arc is a mere 60 degrees, which makes getting rear styles off in laggy situations more difficult, and again some mobs where the ‘rear’ can be a bit hard to judge.

3) Flails in the ‘rest’ positions in both the 1 and 2 handed slots bend at the wrong angle and show up going through the chest of the character. While it has been reported and appealed, it bears repeating since it is still bugged months later.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Urgluf said:
in general the first TL reports of the year have not been released to the normal people.. think VN boards only has about 5 of them, and there not many "draft versions" laying about on other boards atm...

and Mythic have not given any feedback hence TL's not putting them up yet

Gamah

Banned
VaaN^ said:
lol :puke:

if you can only win with timers you either suck really really bad or you just need to remake your template :)

Or you need to get away from rog zergs and fight some real enemies?

spook

Fledgling Freddie
TL reports from this year seem to be on their way out to the public now. Champ TL posted that it wouldn't be long, and that it looked pretty succesful this time - hard to know what to count as succesful though, as we've what other stuff have happened earlier.:eek7:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Reavers aren't getting anything in the next patches, though. They're considered 'balanced' as they are.

The class was used as an example in a recent grab-bag.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Fsantos said:

Yet again you talk utter bollox. I guess this is what happens from being pled.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Fsantos said:
YEs yes, we are the Jack of all trades, but the master of none, and yes we are a strong class in duo or trio, weak at solo compared to all st classes and weak in 8 man grp, lack of damage for asssist, weak in interrupt, only 4 toys to do it and this have timers and only 1 target only ... our aoe mezz its the best toy we have to interrput but it takes to long to cast ... so we are taking 1 spot in alb grp for only speed 5 and sos ? lol get anoter sorcerer bether interrut class imo !! albs are doomed to run 8man grp without dps ...

Long live the mid and Hib grps ...

Learn to play your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom