Cryptocurrency Mining on gaming PC

Ono

Part of the furniture
Anyone else doing this?

I've had about 4 days (probably averaging 16 hours active GPU mining per day) with Nicehash and have about £18 in my wallet. On my 2080 Super.

Extrapolated over a year is about £1,600. Enough to take @dysfunction out to a strip joint although he is doing his own mining too.

Far easier than I thought as a total crypto newb. May even get my missus' PC (GTX 1080) earning.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Brother inlaw does it with 3 or 4 cards.

You have to offset that by what power you are using too, get a proper meter, along with any wear on the card itself, I certainly wouldn't want to buy an ex-crypto card.

Ono

Part of the furniture
My PC is on 24/7 anyway, and I've actually tested it with it mining and gaming (Valorant) together. Doesn't really stress it too much.

May change when the ambient temps hit 30degs in summer though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone else doing this?
Not since I split and sold all my mining rigs.

How much 'leccy does your graphics card use when running 24/7x365. Is it worth it?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else doing this?

I've had about 4 days (probably averaging 16 hours active GPU mining per day) with Nicehash and have about £18 in my wallet. On my 2080 Super.

Extrapolated over a year is about £1,600. Enough to take @dysfunction out to a strip joint although he is doing his own mining too.

Far easier than I thought as a total crypto newb. May even get my missus' PC (GTX 1080) earning.

You're paying at least £300/year power doing that, and when you shag the card you won't be able to replace it.
There's a 2080 ti in stock on scan for £1400.

Most of the 6900XTs i've seen come into stock have been around £1700-2000.
There's a 6900xt in stock atm for £2200.

tldr, yeah if the cards were available at MSRP It'd make a lot of sense to mine right now.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You're paying at least £300/year power doing that, and when you shag the card you won't be able to replace it.
There's a 2080 ti in stock on scan for £1400.

Most of the 6900XTs i've seen come into stock have been around £1700-2000.
There's a 6900xt in stock atm for £2200.

tldr, yeah if the cards were available at MSRP It'd make a lot of sense to mine right now.

is actually cheaper buying dare I say it... a pre-build PC now for GPU's... £1400 for a 3070 GTX rig, you could just flog the hardware it comes with it offset the cost somewhat, prob works out at around £800 for the card after you sell the rest.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Can't see it making much difference for a long time tbh. Gfx card market is fucked for at least another year.

True, partly because of the chip shortage issues but they won't be marked any different from current stocks.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
True, partly because of the chip shortage issues but they won't be marked any different from current stocks.
Yep. They'll all still get snapped up and the ones they don't want will get sold on for a big mark-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom