Advice Mini amplifier

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I want to put speakers in the ceiling of my bathroom which I can then connect my airplay device to, but I can't find any powered ceiling speakers, so I need to get a mini amp to power them

Anyone had any experience with this kind of thing. One of the main things is that it needs to stay on, I don't want it going into standby as I would have to get up in the loft to switch it on everytime I wanted to use it.

I found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/LP-2024A-St...-Black/dp/B00QYAOYKW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top but I don't know if its any good?

Ta

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Surely a sonos in the corner near the ceiling would be ideal?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Surely a sonos in the corner near the ceiling would be ideal?

A decent sonos is more expensive than the speakers and amp together (I have the airport express box already), and also most of the sonos stuff needs to be plugged into the mains

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
This isn't an amp answer but can you not fit a shaver plug socket in the bathroom to give you a constant power supply for whatever is in the loft then just use that to turn it on? Or a concealed waterproof/outdoor socket type thing?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This isn't an amp answer but can you not just run an extension cable into your bathroom and prop a ghetto blaster over your taps?

Oooops :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Nowt wrong with that idea either Jup, get a multi gang socket to have a hairdryer on hand as well.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just install a Trem in the corner who will sing melodically to you and pass you towels.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You told me that was extra :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom