mincer spec

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
im aiming for 50instu 37steath 21wep, not sure as to go slash or thrust, any help?... but isn't 21 wep a bit low, if so what would the ideal spec be?

not sure about steath though... dont have any 50 rouges as of yet, any help is welcome

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
depents on race.
saracen ------> thrust
brighton ------> slash
etc

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
uspe said:
depents on race.
saracen ------> thrust
brighton ------> slash
etc

brition, slash it is... still need more info though please guys, upon revuing i noticed that 39wep is more used, but then steath drop to like 18, what does that meen for steathing? is there any point in having steath that low coz it wouldn't work aganst any enemy realm toons( or would it? i have absolutly no idea how steathing works)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
brition, slash it is... still need more info though please guys, upon revuing i noticed that 39wep is more used, but then steath drop to like 18, what does that meen for steathing? is there any point in having steath that low coz it wouldn't work aganst any enemy realm toons( or would it? i have absolutly no idea how steathing works)

Normal spec is 29 slash 50 instruments rest stealth 32 autotrained if i remember correctly

Atm i have 39 slash 50 instruments 20 stealth

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
50 inst, 30 stealth, 30 slash is the cookie cutter spec. Dont bother with higher stealth, Assasins spots your miles away anyways, with all their nifty tools :) Trust me I see a RR11 mincer with 51 modified stealth really easy and I only have MoS2

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
ye, mincer stealth suxx, and u really wanna get Amy slash :) so I would go 50/30/30 or 29 slashs and more stealth if u wanna get the last pts in stealth

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
21 weapon is far too low - you have to decide on how you are going to play

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
imo go 50instru 31 stealth 29 slash, thats my spec but im a saracen tho QQ
and i cba to respec him, just get me some aug str III or sumfin..

regz

Fledgling Freddie
highlander minstrel with 50inst 34slash 26st works fine for me
like ppl said before, everyone with mos will see u anyway, the stealth just needs to be enough to hide from visuals :m00:

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
regz said:
highlander minstrel with 50inst 34slash 26st works fine for me
like ppl said before, everyone with mos will see u anyway, the stealth just needs to be enough to hide from visuals :m00:

just hope we get an exchange, so you can chose to spec between stealth and X

as for me the stealth is just )((&¤/&"

regz

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
just hope we get an exchange, so you can chose to spec between stealth and X

as for me the stealth is just )((&¤/&"

well u can spec 50inst 43slash if u dont like stealth, and play melee/interrupter/support in grps

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
regz said:
well u can spec 50inst 43slash if u dont like stealth, and play melee/interrupter/support in grps

yeeah but thats such a boring spec... GIVE REJUVENATIONSPEC QQ

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
yeeah but thats such a boring spec... GIVE REJUVENATIONSPEC QQ

lol why do you have to QQ everything!
thanks for the advise though:)

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
ok, i just tried this on freeshard.. worked fine there, 44 inst, 34 slash, 35 stealth.. you get good enough DD's, highest stun, ablative never was great.. but you only get a 40 value :p but still, more melee, more stealth, still enough dd dmg

mine on excal is 50 inst, 31 stealth, 29 slash..

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
ok, i just tried this on freeshard.. worked fine there, 44 inst, 34 slash, 35 stealth.. you get good enough DD's, highest stun, ablative never was great.. but you only get a 40 value :p but still, more melee, more stealth, still enough dd dmg

mine on excal is 50 inst, 31 stealth, 29 slash..

U don't think ablabtive is great ? 0o

by not speccing 50 inst u loose both defence and offence

the 70hp every 6 sec can is acually a lot imo, specially if u use Warguard/Battler or what ever to higher u'r absorbe then the ablabtive chant is even better, I would never lower my instruments unless mythic fuck the spec totally up

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
ablative never was great..

You what? Ablative is one of the most powerful tools a mincer has!

Always spec 50 instruments imo.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
atill a bit confuced about steath, generally, whats the differance between 20 and 30?

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
atill a bit confuced about steath, generally, whats the differance between 20 and 30?

nothing else than that you can stealth closer to enemys with 30, you get spotted by a stealther 100% no matter what as you cant get MoS

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
nothing else than that you can stealth closer to enemys with 30, you get spotted by a stealther 100% no matter what as you cant get MoS

is it just the range that you are detectible by that decrease's everytime you spec in it then? also... that hidden thing, when do you get that? coumoflage i think it is:-/

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
is it just the range that you are detectible by that decrease's everytime you spec in it then? also... that hidden thing, when do you get that? coumoflage i think it is:-/

Mincers don't get camoflage, but the diffrence between haveing 40 to 45 to 50 stealth with + skills is big when u are trying to hide from visual targets imo

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
Mincers don't get camoflage, but the diffrence between haveing 40 to 45 to 50 stealth with + skills is big when u are trying to hide from visual targets imo

Aye mincers dont get camo, only scout, ranger and hunters get it.

When a mincer got 45 stealth vs visiul its the same as on 45+Mos2
MoS only give you speed in stealth and better detection of stealthers.
40 to 45 then to 50 is not VERY big difference, atleast move away from their movement route when stealthing ^ ^

Jarod

Fledgling Freddie
im running with 30 in stealth on my minstrel, then you get climbwall ability and a rather nice safefall.

have tried the 43/50 (no autotrain :/ ) and many other specs but 50/29/31 or 50/30/30 is the 2 speccs i liked the most

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:

im begining to sound like a total n00b now, but i still thing my question is unanswerd,

visual target=enemy realms/AI(?)?

the question i am asking is more about the mechanics of steathing, i always assumed, untill making this post, that in order to be undetectible by enemy realm you had to have steath = there lvl so to steath in rvr 50 and bg's 24/39/44/49, but that is obviously not true soo... is there any point specing in steath? because even with 1 steath you are to a degree undetectible to people without steath lore/assasins/presiverance field, or am i wrong again... im so confuced...

but neather the less i find that i walk very slowly with steath on... with more spec do i move faster?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The higher your stealth the harder it is to spot you and the faster you move while stealthed.

With 1 stealth everyone and their dog will see you from a mile away and you'll move very slowly.
With 50 stealth you'll be much harder (but not impossible) to spot by visuals and move much faster.

It also effects the speed you move at. 1 stealth you'll barely move, with 50 stealth, you'll move much faster.

The deciding factor here is that all other realm stealthers get mastery of stealth. This means that even if you have 50 stealth, other realm stealthers will see you a mile away. Since you can't hide from assasins what you use stealth for on a minstrel is to hide from full groups and zergs while looking for your fights. While 50 stealth will help it's not really necessary, since you can see them coming normally and just not get close enough for your poorer stealth to matter.

You want 50 instruments and 29 weapon period. You've now got a choice between either speccing for good stealth or higher weapon.

50 instruments 29 slash 31 stealth - gives you the best stealth you really want on a mincer + the ability to climb walls/safe fall.
50 instruments 30 slash 30 stealth - can you tell the difference from the above, probably not.
50 instruments 39 slash 18 stealth - gives you better damage, but you'll be spotted more easily by visibles if your trying to navigate bridges, etc.
*autotrained* 50 instuments 44 thrust - Gives you the anytime chain with the snare, probably the best spec for running in fg's or if you dislike stealthing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom