Mids too their Power relic back

Malimbar

Fledgling Freddie
ohh

Tuorin said:
Grats Mids. Less killing expeers Malimber though ;<
ahh mate as i said to Happ on the phone its not nautral to check the name of the taget you stumble upon only the name in the deathspam. I would never kill any mates while they xp. People i dont know/dislike are fair game however thats why you get all that easy Arti xp casue its ment to be dangerous :)

As for Relic Raid cheers to the people that came out to help. I have no idea why people are complaining the best thing that could happen in this server is for all relics to be even again. That might in some way encourage more rvr and get frontiers active again. With this in mind i am sure the next time hibs see Scat on fire they will think about the good of the server and stay xp'ing in corus :D (I can hope cant i)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Nice one middies, will take the edge of some of those firebolts a bit.

Said in /g yesterday evening the albs would lose relics within a week the way things were looking, just needed someone to organise something. Shame we didn't get there first ;).

(did look like some hib tower taking was gonna snowball into full scale rr, but did quite pan out...guess mids saw how things were going and followed thru).

Mael, 50th ment.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Xxcalibur said:
strong grats to the mids

I also think do morning raids is the best mid and hib can do vs OVERpopulated albion.

Yes keep beleaving that without proving it with numbers, I for one can check the amount of people in RvR zones (because PvE zones doesn't matter when we are talking about RvR population) between Hib and Alb, theres near to no differance in the amount of people in RvR other than the fact that most albs in RvR tend to be rr3 and the 4-5 fg of hibs are basically rr7+ with the odd Savant.
So before you start to say crap like that which is based on totally nothing look at the statistics for once (the RvR ones that is).

But other than that grats on Mids I guess, Seems like alarm clock raids became the norm which is a shame as I like to defend against a large force but am glad now both Mids and Hibs wont be busy in Albion at 6am anymore (taking towers and keeps..) so thats a plus side to it.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Why people complain I don't know, relics are the basis of the game surely it is better to have them swapping and changing as often as possible...that is after all the idea.

Stagnant relic activity = boring.

If the relics swapped hands more often you wouldn't have all this "well you did have strength relics...." whine.

Silverbirch

Fledgling Freddie
well done Midgard, feels a bit like the old days are back again. :cheers: Lots of peeps saying WoW is gonna f00k teh game but still seeing plenty of grps running the last week fills me with hope not every1 gonna go to eurodisney :wub:

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Even though I dont endorce alarmclock raids and would never participate in such I guess a gratz to mids is in place :)

Andrilyn said:
Yes keep beleaving that without proving it with numbers, I for one can check the amount of people in RvR zones (because PvE zones doesn't matter when we are talking about RvR population) between Hib and Alb, theres near to no differance in the amount of people in RvR other than the fact that most albs in RvR tend to be rr3 and the 4-5 fg of hibs are basically rr7+ with the odd Savant.
So before you start to say crap like that which is based on totally nothing look at the statistics for once (the RvR ones that is).

But other than that grats on Mids I guess, Seems like alarm clock raids became the norm which is a shame as I like to defend against a large force but am glad now both Mids and Hibs wont be busy in Albion at 6am anymore (taking towers and keeps..) so thats a plus side to it.

Even though there may not be many albs out atm in rvr they still have a way bigger population. It doesnt matter if they pve instead of rvr. When there is a relic raid in albion the albs WILL come out to defend in much greater force than hibs/mids. That way I suppose a alarm clock raid could be justified - especially by mids who dont have a petspammer ( ani ).

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
Silverbirch said:
well done Midgard, feels a bit like the old days are back again. :cheers: Lots of peeps saying WoW is gonna f00k teh game but still seeing plenty of grps running the last week fills me with hope not every1 gonna go to eurodisney :wub:

Eurodisney :worthy: :cheers:

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Sorry but you're in denial, lets list the facts:

Mythic / GOA determine which Realm(s) and Server(s) are 'underpopulated' and apply bonus's accordingly.

Mythic / GOA have not published the exact formula which they use to determine 'underpopulation'

That said from observation it appears to be total Realm population that sways underdog bonus, not just RvR population. My guess would by Mythic (and GOA to a lesser extent as they're not developers) want to achieve 'Realm balance' in terms of raw numbers - this will then allow them to work on Realm balance in terms of power. Is it achievable, long shot. Will it happen any time soon, doubtful.

For reference I now mostly play Albion / Merlin, Hib and Mid have underdog bonus on that server, however Hib is by far the most dominante in RvR, in terms of numbers, organisation and raw power. That said, if every online Alb was to go out into the frontier they'd swarm almost any objective - they just choose not to.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Some fine PvE at 7am Mids! ;) well done indeed! You can't help it. That's the way the game stands atm.

Relics are (besides the allmighty arpee) what drives RvR.
atm the game mechanic for taking/defending relics is f***ed up:

1. "Native" relics are too hard to take (2 keeps + gate + relic keep + get it back): relic raids requiring day-long campaigns where huge bg's slug it out but make next to no progress and end in the wee hours of the morning between a few leftover die-hards at a make-or-break fight at the relic keep.

2. "Foreign" relics are too easy to take in the early hours: few human defenders and piss-easy NPC's.

Result: every realm eventually gets their relics back and doesn't bother to get any other because it's too hard and they are impossible to defend at night anyway => relics don't drive RvR anymore = bad thing.

imo to fix this we could do the following:
a. ALL relics should be in regular keeps to make it doable to get them.
b. NPC guards at ALL keeps should be balanced according to realm population at that time of day: at a time when server pop is low (eg at 7 in the morning), there should be more NPC guards at the keeps just to make it impossible for 2 groups to take any undefended keep and to make it possible for 2 grps to defend against, say 40...

This way all relics are take-able + keep and relic situation stays more stable during the night so the war can be continued in the daytime, when most people can enjoy it, instead of having to restart from square one.
This way a realm that's active in keep-RvR during the day gets rewarded, which is what the game should be like imo.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
Some fine PvE at 7am Mids! ;) well done indeed! You can't help it. That's the way the game stands atm.

Relics are (besides the allmighty arpee) what drives RvR.
atm the game mechanic for taking/defending relics is f***ed up:

1. "Native" relics are too hard to take (2 keeps + gate + relic keep + get it back): relic raids requiring day-long campaigns where huge bg's slug it out but make next to no progress and end in the wee hours of the morning between a few leftover die-hards at a make-or-break fight at the relic keep.

2. "Foreign" relics are too easy to take in the early hours: few human defenders and piss-easy NPC's.

Result: every realm eventually gets their relics back and doesn't bother to get any other because it's too hard and they are impossible to defend at night anyway => relics don't drive RvR anymore = bad thing.

imo to fix this we could do the following:
a. ALL relics should be in regular keeps to make it doable to get them.
b. NPC guards at ALL keeps should be balanced according to realm population at that time of day: at a time when server pop is low (eg at 7 in the morning), there should be more NPC guards at the keeps just to make it impossible for 2 groups to take any undefended keep and to make it possible for 2 grps to defend against, say 40...

This way all relics are take-able + keep and relic situation stays more stable during the night so the war can be continued in the daytime, when most people can enjoy it, instead of having to restart from square one.
This way a realm that's active in keep-RvR during the day gets rewarded, which is what the game should be like imo.

The relic guards scaling with population / time of day is a good idea I think. As far as relics being too easy to reclaim - I like this patch a lot better than last patch. Maybe somewhere in between would be ideal, but I think currently it's closer to how it should be than 1.70.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
When there is a relic raid in albion the albs WILL come out to defend in

No they won't :< albs are to lazy and simply don't care :) The few who does try, but cant get organized at the early hours. (Or at any time for that matter tbh.)

Gazon, it would be very nice if that could happen imo, but guessing it will take a few years for Mythic/GoA to pull it trough if they ever wanted to. And it would be close to impossible to make the guards spawn at higher lvls all according to how many is online, to much work for them afaik :)

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
The relic guards scaling with population / time of day is a good idea I think. As far as relics being too easy to reclaim - I like this patch a lot better than last patch. Maybe somewhere in between would be ideal, but I think currently it's closer to how it should be than 1.70.

True. ALL relics need to be changing hands constantly so RvR has a purpose (besides getting arpee). 1.70 was far too static. 1.71 is going to be static eventually.

Arethir said:
Gazon, it would be very nice if that could happen imo, but guessing it will take a few years for Mythic/GoA to pull it trough if they ever wanted to. And it would be close to impossible to make the guards spawn at higher lvls all according to how many is online, to much work for them afaik :)

xD

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
in all wars most raids take place in morning when enemy is at weakest
the way its been really since day one of this game
no point in complaing about it
relics should change hands after all its what the games about
all realms have their good and bad points
the one thing people seem to forget YOU choose your REALM and CLASS
if you think its unbalanced reroll to another realm and try there,my guess is that 90% of those that did would soon be moaning about the other realms needing a nerf
i play a friar who is not fully toa'ed or even really anyuse in rvr anymore due to so mnay towers and keeps,bad weaponskill etc etc but the main thing i do now is that if i am getting annoyed with game i turn the bloody thing off!
i woke up this morning and thought i'd log on and check relic status as last night when i played hibs seemed to be on the offensive,was rather suprised to see mids had just taken power relic,so did a /who 24 online including myself and counted 9 buffbots at CS
well played mids for taking advantage of the situation<im just glad hibs never took it>
lets hope now we see some real realm wars instead of albs v hibs lets see the mids join in every now and again
people always say HIBS are under populated and yes they are compared to albs but i bet if a call to arms goes out over a hib alliance you can bet most will respond and defend,can the same be said about albs or mids
just my thoughts on the game atm im sure most people will disagree and flame me but hey we are on freddys whine board afterall
Deepfried

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
and just to add
to say that albs are lazy and cant be bothered defending is kinda wrong
i have a full time job have to juggle time both with game,friends,work and most importantly my wife and family,so sorry i can't stay up all night defending relics,if i did u think i would have any of the above left?
deepfried

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfried said:
in all wars most raids take place in morning when enemy is at weakest
the way its been really since day one of this game
no point in complaing about it

True, but in this game I would like to see active player vs player battles and not realms taking turns to do nightly raids on eachother. That way it stays just another PvE game.
The purpose (one off the) of this game is to have fun in RvR. Arpee and relics are just an insentive to create active RvR and not the sole goal.

You can't ask people not to do alarm clock raids if it is the best way to get relics. You can't tell people how to play. The game itself needs to promote the situations we can all have fun in. We need another relic patch.

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Mids lost relics 5 am a weekday while beeing attacked by 2 realms.
7am a saturday is not that big diffrence.

If i am awake a saturday morning at 7 then its prolly time for me to go to bed =). Thx to you who actually can get up in the mornings even if you
dont have to.

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
like u havent done it before :rolleyes:

Only been playing a year, started rvr with nf as i didn't like of .... so actually, no, i personally haven't .... :m00:

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Frozenheart said:
Only been playing a year, started rvr with nf as i didn't like of .... so actually, no, i personally haven't .... :m00:

Doubt he was referring to you personally, just as he might not have been there the other night :eek:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gazon said:
True, but in this game I would like to see active player vs player battles and not realms taking turns to do nightly raids on eachother. That way it stays just another PvE game.
No offense, but with two RR3 chars, you don't seem to be very RvR active yourself anyway, so what's it to you?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
No offense, but with two RR3 chars, you don't seem to be very RvR active yourself anyway, so what's it to you?

He still has some good ideas though :)

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Lokir said:
Mids lost relics 5 am a weekday while beeing attacked by 2 realms.
7am a saturday is not that big diffrence.

If i am awake a saturday morning at 7 then its prolly time for me to go to bed =). Thx to you who actually can get up in the mornings even if you
dont have to.

The difference is that even the Alb RRs before NF didn't rely on numbers waking up and logging on out of their normal play time.

The 5am relic raids were the culmination of hours of RvR, the Albs who raided Hib just before NF were still playing their usual time, they may have been early, but no alarm clocks were involved.

But hey, if you think alarm clock raids are something to be proud of then I can assure you I won't be one defending at silly early hours, since I need my Beauty sleep :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Ovi1 said:
The difference is that even the Alb RRs before NF didn't rely on numbers waking up and logging on out of their normal play time.

The 5am relic raids were the culmination of hours of RvR, the Albs who raided Hib just before NF were still playing their usual time, they may have been early, but no alarm clocks were involved.

But hey, if you think alarm clock raids are something to be proud of then I can assure you I won't be one defending at silly early hours, since I need my Beauty sleep :(

was no alarm-clock raid for me atleast. I go up at 06.30 everyday

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

<smells bait>
All I will say is that you don't have to be in a gank group to be considered active in RvR. I didn't get much RP at all while I led the last bg that took the Hib power relic (by day!)... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom