Midgard's Seer problems!!

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Lately it's been rather apparent that mids have got virtually no healers what so ever. Most grps in keep takes etc don't even have one seer in a group so thought we should discuss a solution to this problem.

First of all who would be willing to play a healer.

I myself is willing to, but would be nice if some regular rvr'ers would also be willing to start up a new char ie healer/shaman.

But then again we would have to find a way of setting up a exp group which would fit in several healers in a grp. Guessing moderna but peeps have got to be willing to help out as not everyone has 2nd accounts to have healer as leech.

Just thought we should have a little discussion about it and work out what we should do.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
aug:er and shaman are really fun to play. recommend all to try it :)

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
healers are the hardest class in to play DAOC/Mid, especially pac healers. groups live or die on your performance. most peeps tend to shy away from playing them generally because it takes a while to get into the swing of things and other players generally don't have the patience with new healers,log or disband then go find a group with a more experienced healer.

sadly with more and more people leaving the game it sounds like it's becoming more of a problem for you all, support your less experienced healers in the realm and encourage them to do better when the group gets wiped/owned etc:)

they need it and everyone needs them for some proper pvp action:drink:

ripperbil

Fledgling Freddie
I have both healer and shaman, but as most ppl find its just not fun playing those in a pug group because the most ppl in the groups are very random so keeping ppl alive isnt easy when ppl arent doing what they are supposed to, so playing seer in random group is very frustrating.

A way to make it better for seers, is to have the ppl in group to have atleast a full template and rr 5 ml 10. That will help seers alot with healing etc. Skills takes practise so will come in time with rr. It will help alot if groups run with ppl that have spent the time on pve first then come rvr after, not at low level and without the items/mls you need.

Another way to help ppl get what they need is make more mls artie raids co5 raids df DS etc. It will all help getting ppl the items they need.
So essentially all ppl in mid can help out, start a raid, and help your fellow players.

Sorry for being harsh, but I feel its the truth.

Just my 2 cents

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
pjuppe said:
aug:er and shaman are really fun to play. recommend all to try it :)

agreed

but dont just instantly start one and expect to be good, theres a steep learning curve you gotta get used to.

its good to practise in pve when you get stuff sorted imo

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Pft shaman is easy in PvE!

Buff
Afk
If anyone dies, blame the healer!

Think I've just blown my chances of getting groups with my shaman :(

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Punj said:
healers are the hardest class in to play DAOC/Mid

healers are the hardest class to play in Midgard <-- maybe.
bards are the hardest class to play in Daoc <-- fo sho.

But yeah its the same in Hibernia. Hardly any bards at all, only a few druids.

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
I have both a shammy and healer - I tend not to rvr because as soon as you try and grp'd gets whiped a couple of times u start getting abuse - I for one wont stay in a grp where ppl are giving me abuse when im trying the best i can - So if more seers are needed ppl in groups should have a bit of a relaxed attitude till we get upto speed pvp is totally different to playin pve with your alt. So build the grps dont get abusive and they will come :)

Etinay

Fledgling Freddie
love playing both healer and sham, just havent had the time to log in lately,and hardly any people to play with online :(

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
I tried as a pac healer. failed horribly. im doing quite good (imo) as a shaman tho (mutch easier to interrupt then to actually CC, and when im playing SM im practicing my CC abilities). soon i can wake up my paccy again! :p

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
the other problem with healers if u log in cant find a group etc u cant run solo cos u got damage abilitys.... dosnt help when grps fols quickly if they dont win every time

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
I've never noticed a shortage of either healers or shammys. I have two healers (one aug, one pac) and two shammys (one cave, one aug) myself and my better half also has a pac healer and aug shammy on his account.

Personally I like playing the aug healer, though I suspect that's because she's the one furthest ahead at the moment with regards MLs, fops, EoY etc.

It must be a case of the right people online at the wrong time, or something ....

(Hi Punj btw :fluffle: - never see you about much anymore! <Ky'ra> )

Kados

Loyal Freddie
I dont mind playing healer or shaman on keeptakes.
Im not the first guy to stand up and yell NOOB! at everybody, but truth is in my experience that pick up groups on keep takes are more muppets then roaming pugs. And being responible for keeping people alive, you dont want to waste your time healing and rezzing those running into oil, those getting nuked without moving, and so on.
However, we might all get better at this since albs contantly are giving us keeps to practise upon :)

pip

Banned
Lots of seers out there but nobody wants to play em:( i got a lvl 50 pac and hoping to play it soon:)

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think there is a real shortage on seer.

i think everyone (or close to) got at last one shamy on his account and maybe one healer also.

there are amny problems that makes people play eveything but seers:

1) the reward: people prefer to have DA FotM class (SM/RM or anything that can KoS) it s easy to solo with, and it s rewarding. 1h solo can bring nice RPS if you leach properly. cannot say the same thing when u play seer. healer can hardly solo; shaman can perform a bit better but you still have a noticable disadvantage when fighting a cabby a sorc or a chanter.

in a group situation it s often the same. when the group die you blame the healer, when the group owns its oponement it s because the SM nuked for 999 domage + 300 crit, not because the shaman has been intterrupting like hell for 5 min and no alb could do a sh!t.

2) play style. everyone has it s own play style and i can understand than more people like to charge ownards on the melee than stay behind to spread heal (i know it s not exactly how a healer is played, but that s often how people see it). i tried all mid class, i am gimp like hell with a caster, i can play tank if needed, but i feel way more confident when i m playing the shaman. i know my job and i m trying to do it as best as i can.

i speak for myself as my main character is a shaman that i play since i first played daoc 4 years ago.

it s probablly the most challanging class to play, beeing a good shaman is not an easy task, you role in the group is very important and complex. you have many tools to play with and often not enough time to react.

siege situation are awfull, besids taking care of your own group with rebuffing and rezzing (+playing with albs:p) you also have to bare with all the PMs from people running solo here to leach with their FotM SM (read 1) ) and asking for buff...

overall i find it very challanging. because you are not the FotM class, and your low dext makes it hard to compete with ennemy casters. but , dam , it feels so good when you cast faster than the sorc in front of you, giving just enough time for your twoll to charge it and roll over it. it s teribly funny to hide in towerbridge and wait at a window for a group to pass, area sheer them and them watch them running around like headless chicken while the rest of your group is tearing them appart.

i never had to strugle to get a group. usually i log in port into rvr area an get invite before i have time to type "LFG" -

i admit it s not easy to be a good seer. but a good group requiere 2 healers and 1 shamy. you have the chance to take 2 experiance seers and 1 less experianced to improve his skills and then eveyone can get a RR5/6 ish seer, then you can start to have fun !!

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
think there's alot of seers out there tbh .... what i do think is that if the seer doesn't have the "name" of fame not many set grps or l33t pug's will take em on .. most ppl running fg on midgaard are old rvr ppl that only take in those they know .... being ppl or chars.

like hansi proclaimed .. if ur not ml 10 rr 5 fully templated ur of no use at all .... Funny thing is that u need to play to become all that ... if u never get grp most cba to do cl5 ml10 on a toon they aren't gonna play and well rr 5 don't come by spamming lfg.

/mirk

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Punj said:
healers are the hardest class in to play DAOC/Mid, especially pac healers. groups live or die on your performance. most peeps tend to shy away from playing them generally because it takes a while to get into the swing of things and other players generally don't have the patience with new healers,log or disband then go find a group with a more experienced healer.

i'm gonna have to disagree on this part. i find seers (except shamans) much easier to play than tanks, BG:ers or casters. and for some reason also much easier than druids or clerics (which i for some reason can't get a grp on). paccer is abit more stressful since you have to lead the grp, pan the camera and look for incoming evilings, but other than that it's one of the easier classes (IMO).

Punj said:
sadly with more and more people leaving the game it sounds like it's becoming more of a problem for you all, support your less experienced healers in the realm and encourage them to do better when the group gets wiped/owned etc:)

they need it and everyone needs them for some proper pvp action:drink:

couldn't agree more. use constructive critisism if you want better seers. no of this ''why didn't you heal me, n00b?''-crap.

ripperbil said:
I have both healer and shaman, but as most ppl find its just not fun playing those in a pug group because the most ppl in the groups are very random so keeping ppl alive isnt easy when ppl arent doing what they are supposed to, so playing seer in random group is very frustrating.

A way to make it better for seers, is to have the ppl in group to have atleast a full template and rr 5 ml 10. That will help seers alot with healing etc. Skills takes practise so will come in time with rr. It will help alot if groups run with ppl that have spent the time on pve first then come rvr after, not at low level and without the items/mls you need.

Another way to help ppl get what they need is make more mls artie raids co5 raids df DS etc. It will all help getting ppl the items they need.
So essentially all ppl in mid can help out, start a raid, and help your fellow players.

Sorry for being harsh, but I feel its the truth.

Just my 2 cents

this is, excuse me, total bullshit. be RR5? i can understand the template issue and i think that is a valid point. i try to template my chars reasonably so i can compete and i prefer if my fellow realm members do the same, but the realm rank? come on. and the ML's aren't that much of a issue either. it's nice if the sojouner has at least ML2 so the grp won't have to hassle with water pots, but anything less than that is mostly his/her loss. of course a BG:er needs to be at least ML8 in order to BG and i would say that banelord tanks should be ML10, it's kind of the reason they are there anyway. convokers should be ML4 for speed warp and perfecters ML5 for the FoP that is essensial in camping situations. but otherwise it's not much of a requirement for ML's in PuG-grps.

the most helpful thing you can do for a seer is to get the group in come kind of voice com (ventrilo for example) and don't fuck around when RvR:ing. don't go on any stupid solo missions, charge after solo:ers or charge into enemy tanks (if you're a caster). stay with the group and if you feel that you're going to take dmg, STATE THAT in the voice com you're using. now adays there's quite alot of big dmg dealing around and players are good at using it as well, so once the seer sees that you are taking damage, it's usualy to late.

it's not just up to the seers to keep the group alive, it's also up to the group not to get killed.

hanza said:
in a group situation it s often the same. when the group die you blame the healer, when the group owns its oponement it s because the SM nuked for 999 domage + 300 crit, not because the shaman has been intterrupting like hell for 5 min and no alb could do a sh!t.

when i played my healer i found it quite useful to whine at the grp before they could whine at me. if the tanks doesn't run out of heal range, if the grp keeps enemy casters, tanks and pets in check you will get healed. after all, healers are there to heal (and CC, etc), and will do so if they can.

so if somebody whines and calles you a n00b for dieing, then whine back at that n00b because he rushed into the enemy zerg with all bane lords down while you had pets on you or blame the idiot RC runemaster that started to AoE-spear when every enemy was mezzed. ofc if you position yourself like an elephant you have no right to whine, but very few seers do. (just speaking in general here, not to you personaly, hanza:))

hanza said:
i admit it s not easy to be a good seer. but a good group requiere 2 healers and 1 shamy. you have the chance to take 2 experiance seers and 1 less experianced to improve his skills and then eveyone can get a RR5/6 ish seer, then you can start to have fun !!

i would go so far that you should go with 3 healers (2 paccers and 1 auger) and 1 shaman in a mid PuG. the two healer setup requires 2 experienced healers (or one very good healer) and i wouldn't recommend it for casual RvR groups. it's not bad if you have experienced seers either, inc fact 3 healers-1 shaman-1 rm-1 sm-1 warrior-1 zerker is my favorite mid setup. exchange 1 of the healers for a skald and you get my second favorite.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Well from my pov, the last couple days have been terrible for finding seers. Was about 25+ mids at beno the other day and not one seer, if you died you had to release and come back and i felt that was rather poor.

Anyways i think im gonna roll a healer to help out, if anyone fancy's helping me exp it will be well appreciated.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yeah, Pip and Brad and Netcode on a Healer in a group, that would be good. Just add Arepa so he has sufficient healing for let's say the 30 minutes he needs to kill someone on his own.

Gonna pwn mates.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What's the point? the game finishes soon enough, it will take me over a month to level it to 50 solo because i don't get help. and then i have to ToA it - Brad, if you really want these Healers would you help me level one?:eek7:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Gwadien said:
What's the point? the game finishes soon enough, it will take me over a month to level it to 50 solo because i don't get help. and then i have to ToA it - Brad, if you really want these Healers would you help me level one?:eek7:

I was gonna level one also, although hard without 2 acc's and as a seer :p

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
In around 14 days we get the Labyrith expansion. This will be a really good chance for all players to start a new character (seers included). I suppose half of the realm will try out the new cow race or the mauler class. All of these cows and maulers will need xp grps, artifacts, drop hunts, MLs, CLs and crafting. If you want a new character this is your chance to find many fellow mids doing the same as you. It will also be a golden chance for you to try make non cows/maulers characters, try make that warrior you always wondered how works in RvR, try make a healer a see whats all the fuss is about or what ever class you like to have in your character gallery. Im sure alot of PvE raids will start up again and its a good chance to jump on the train.

But dont expect to be a super seer over night, it takes time and you can only do it in a grp, but it will be rewarding in the end. You almost never has a quiet moment in RvR or PvE for that matter. "Behind every great group, stands a glorious seer!", otherwise they would be laying on the ground looking up the dresses of the Albs and Hibs, wondering why they didnt invite that n00b healer in Vindsaul. :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
have pac healer in "main"account, allso logged few time when notice lack of healers in keeptake.
when switched to healer, nobody wanted me to group, thou yelling for ress/heals was nonstop, give up and moved solo class.

fg stuff havent play looong time, OF run sometimes in groups but start it again? hard long road.
alott to learn, cc, heals etc whit 5 different quickbars, not easy task.
you need play healer long time to come familiar whit class, every creepy action must come automatic, you dont have time start look buttons.

every realm has difficult class to play, healer is mids most difficult.
try solo healer to 50....... its pure 99% group class.
druid atleast got tools for solo.
cleric is very good in solo, again.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
MAKE HEALERS ef ef es !!!

And make a rvr SEER cg to find them more easily !!!

islef

Loyal Freddie
Sigwyen said:
like hansi proclaimed .. if ur not ml 10 rr 5 fully templated ur of no use at all .... Funny thing is that u need to play to become all that ... if u never get grp most cba to do cl5 ml10 on a toon they aren't gonna play and well rr 5 don't come by spamming lfg.

/mirk

Who gives a shit what hansi says? He doesnt need healers in grp anyway since he will be perma out of range running after some soloer on his own or adding on a 1 vs 1.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
islef said:
Who gives a shit what hansi says? He doesnt need healers in grp anyway since he will be perma out of range running after some soloer on his own or adding on a 1 vs 1.

Clearly u did not sniff out the irony in my post islerm :)

/Mirk

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Sigwyen said:
Clearly u did not sniff out the irony in my post islerm :)

/Mirk

he's a dane that rather respec his animist than pl:ing me. what do you expect, mirk?

:)D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom