Midgard farming question

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Recently rolled mid after ages on alb, what is the nicest toon for general farming these days? (mainly solo might be duo)

Not looking for leet farming with ml9 pets n stuff cos atm not bothering with mls.

I will however still have me lil shammy bot so thats to be considered.

Thane? Warrior?

Give meh a clue! :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
With a Shammy bbuffbot the strongest chars to PvE with are:
1)Spiritmaster: Summon spec - If you have ML9 and FoP you are uber however you can still farm alot without ML9.
Suppression spec is also good and you will find moderna/ML7 dungeon/Darkspire groups still running occasionally.

2)BoneDancer: Supp or BoneArmy specs are excellent for farming especially with buffed pets. The fact you are a caster means you can deal with tricky ranged mobs much more easily than say the warrior.

3)Warrior: Excellent defence, huge hit points. Requires a decent template though but can be evil at PvE.

4)Valk (or possibly Thane): Another shield tank, not as good as the warrior by itself but cots helps alot in raids.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
just gonna toodle about with my thane since I already have him in the levelling process :)

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I can recommend a Thane with 50hammer, 42shield, 39parry, 5stormcalling. Gotta love that parry chain :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Shafu said:
Yeah, I can recommend a Thane with 50hammer, 42shield, 39parry, 5stormcalling. Gotta love that parry chain :)

im no expert. but wouldn't lowering parry and increasing stormcalling be more useful?

maybe 36 for the dmg add? so 16 parry

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Sure, that's a possibility too, but then you would be better off speccing sword/axe instead. The spec I posted above has great defense, and its damage output is based on the awesome parry chain:

39 Lambast - Opening : You parry - Effect : 75 Energy DD
50 Mjolnir's Fury - Opening : Lambast - Effect : 175 Energy DD

The advantage of the spec I suggested is that you dont rely on power or range to maximize your damage output (and end usage is low as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom