Games Microsoft Kinect

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hmm..

i dunno.

gonna be really really fucking awkward to yell orders at your troops when your getting raped by someone rushing you :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
You'd want a mix of voice + motion. Voice control was demonstrated reasonably competently in Tom Clancy's Endwar.

Endwar was terrible, everything was at a snails pace, as said before, something that requires mirco management DOW2 or grand scale games like SupComm wouldn't work with that tech. I can imagine using your right hand to issue orders and build queues and left hand for camera movement, But then you get the problem are keyboard shortcuts not being used, thus slowing the game down.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
the only really important question is... Is it worth the £130 price tag?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Endwar was terrible, everything was at a snails pace, as said before, something that requires mirco management DOW2 or grand scale games like SupComm wouldn't work with that tech. I can imagine using your right hand to issue orders and build queues and left hand for camera movement, But then you get the problem are keyboard shortcuts not being used, thus slowing the game down.

Oh I agree, it was pants, but the control system was reasonably accomplished - or at least I thought it was in the 15 minutes I played it :). Anyway, yeah I don't see strategy games being adapted to use kinect but I can see how you could (given enough thought) make a decent control system with just voice and spazzy "LOOK MA I'M IN MINORITY REPORT" arm movements.

Aada

Part of the furniture
how on earth would that gimmick work in games like DoW 2 or supreme commander type games....

or, imagine trying to control your army in SC2 with that crap....

I'm not a game designer you silly tit i just threw the idea out there chill the fuck out.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm not a game designer you silly tit i just threw the idea out there chill the fuck out.

No shit. With ideas like yours, you'd be working on the next Army Men or Lawnmower Man game within weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom