News Michael Jackson

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
And why not?

You think it's disrespectful to say what i said, i find it disrespectful to say some of the things said here.

Not all, some.

Personal opinion and as such, i do reserve the same right, you're using right here, to judge others.

But, being someone who has been the forums for so long, do you consider it necessary to incite argument for the sake of it?

The 'personal opinion' stance basically lets you get away with anything as an argument (as long as it doesn't infringe CoC, or you want to work for FOX news) which you shouldn't really advocate if at some points, as you sometimes do, try and take a ground on something and then spend 10 posts altering your standpoint to a degree to avoid looking 'wrong'.

Sometimes sticking to your guns isn't a bad thing, and you are allowed to be wrong Toht. Trying to twist relative morality in the way you're trying to do so isn't of any worth - suggesting the Fawcett comment was OK when it really wasn't in your own viewpoint as she was recently deceased and you were being rude about the dead.

When I'm a twat on these forums, I say so. Though it doesn't happen much anymore because I have been a twat in the past (generally on the DAoC server sections tbh). I've enevr done anything wrong CoC wise, but I've allowed others to bait me too often. I suppose maybe I ahve done so here too but I consdier it ina different context.

Either way, it is nice to have a debate with you matey :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Either way, it is nice to have a debate with you matey :)

It always is and it is why i give my opinions direct, witout editing, without bating(note it) and there's a reason why;

Sometimes sticking to your guns isn't a bad thing,

Is exactly what i will do from now on whenever i hear this...

But, being someone who has been the forums for so long, do you consider it necessary to incite argument for the sake of it?

The 'personal opinion' stance basically lets you get away with anything as an argument (as long as it doesn't infringe CoC, or you want to work for FOX news) which you shouldn't really advocate if at some points, as you sometimes do, try and take a ground on something and then spend 10 posts altering your standpoint to a degree to avoid looking 'wrong'.

...and will stop answering.

I don't mind discussions, as long as insults are kept out and people don't start with that. If people want to show me another view, they do it politely and without using that line and if you look around, it works.

It only gets problematic when people start with the dissing and cussing and forget the discussing.

Forgot to add; i have acknowledged in the past that i'm not without blame, that i write too much, or too hastily and dont explain clear enough etc. But it always takes two and i do think i have always atleast tried to keep it civil and non-personal.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
It always is and it is why i give my opinions direct, witout editing, without bating(note it) and there's a reason why;

Is exactly what i will do from now on whenever i hear this...

...and will stop answering.

I don't mind discussions, as long as insults are kept out and people don't start with that. If people want to show me another view, they do it politely and without using that line and if you look around, it works.

It only gets problematic when people start with the dissing and cussing and forget the discussing.

Ah. Now you've quoted in a different order. That's changing your argument a tad as now it reads in a different context. I hope you don't consider that I have tried to be offensive, I have actually avoided doing so. However:

1. You didn't answer why you try and incite arguments.

2. I don't understand your reply to 'sticking to your guns' you said 'I will from now on whenever I hear this' - did you mean that or were you being ironic?, tone dosen't work well on this and I am serious in that I'm not sure what you meant by that comment.

I do note though that out of my last post you have avoided commenting and quoting the fact that a poster can be wrong. Have you admitted to being wrong? It's an honest question. People can avoid humility on the internet, and argue their arse off even when it's not worth it. I choose to accept humility - I suppose it's easy to be badass behind a PC, which I would like to avoid to do.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
1 is simple, i don't. It was answered with "It always is and it is why i give my opinions direct, witout editing, without bating(note it)"

The second part meant i will try and ignore any more arguments regarding such behavior.

It's like me always saying "you just want to say things because you're from london". Hardly relevant and hardly right, right?

About being wrong, yes i have admitted that on several occasions and i answered that part with; "If people want to show me another view, they do it politely and without using that line and if you look around, it works."

meaning that if people keep civil, show me where i'm wrong and tell me something that would change my mind(opinions are harder then facts ofcourse), i will do so.

In short; if people keep civil and keep accusations of flamebaiting, which i don't do, simply give opinions and honest to gods as such(why would i lie to "strangers"? Mind you...why not, funny padarox.), i can admit to being wrong if it's such shown. With the exception of opinions and taste.

Also would like to add that it's quite human to notice the "wrong", so this "you only post to start arguments" is false due to not counting it the times that i don't. People only notice when i disagree, which ofcourse is as right as any opinion.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
1 is simple, i don't. It was answered with "It always is and it is why i give my opinions direct, witout editing, without bating(note it)"

The second part meant i will try and ignore any more arguments regarding such behavior.

It's like me always saying "you just want to say things because you're from london". Hardly relevant and hardly right, right?

About being wrong, yes i have admitted that on several occasions and i answered that part with; "If people want to show me another view, they do it politely and without using that line and if you look around, it works."

meaning that if people keep civil, show me where i'm wrong and tell me something that would change my mind(opinions are harder then facts ofcourse), i will do so.

In short; if people keep civil and keep accusations of flamebaiting, which i don't do, simply give opinions and honest to gods as such(why would i lie to "strangers"? Mind you...why not, funny padarox.), i can admit to being wrong if it's such shown. With the exception of opinions and taste.

Also would like to add that it's quite human to notice the "wrong", so this "you only post to start arguments" is false due to not counting it the times that i don't. People only notice when i disagree, which ofcourse is as right as any opinion.

Have you ever considered being a politician? :sex:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have you ever considered being a politician? :sex:

I've considered every job in the world :D

I do admit, i'm not THAT good at discussing things on a forum basis. Much better in direct contact and lesser extent instant messaging. Ned to explain stuff as sometimes i think too much ahead of my fingers.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Bah, i hate this phase of a thread when it turns into a whos wrong and whos right discussion. Its internets, like whatever!

No, you misunderstand us I think Fett, we're not arguing, we are actually discussing for a change! :drink:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, you misunderstand us I think Fett, we're not arguing, we are actually discussing for a change! :drink:

Well, i have to disagree though, we always tend to discuss :p

Disclaimer for some folk, that was a joke on me always disagreeing.

Although it's true :D

Although it's also not true! *scratches head*

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

But but, i said discussion not arguing. No need for several pages of text, just use the picture i provided.

Fixed:

mrwo5h.jpg

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The Iraqi propaganda minister looks more convincing to me. House is just fictional.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
mm... Thats fake right? :p

edit: What kind of a site is that anyway? -,-

It's one of the most known(let's argue about that shall we?) comedy sites around.

It's done very professionally and it's very good entertainment. Those guys deserve their own channel on TV.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The Onion is six kinds of awesome tbh.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
MJ's memorial service is on Channel 5

Switched on by accident.

They're making him out to be Jesus Christ.

Typical over-the-top sugar-coated crap.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
it's just the closest people who speaks about him, not the president. They can say what they want imo.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's also on bbc2 and several news channels. I am watching other things instead -tried to organise a trip to the pub and gym today -but every fucker wants to watch a meaningless tribute to someone they did not know.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
That is pretty bad. There is nothing on TV that would hold me back from the pub.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
"'name 1' Was one of the saddest things I have watched in all my life :`(22 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike

'name 2' at 21:23 on 07 July
me too. i was howling."

reckon theyre talking about this MJ shizzle or the ending of Ugly Betty?

Corran

Part of the furniture
flicked to it during adverts on other things, didnt really care for it much. Probably could have been a cracking concert with the lineup but to much crap involved... i mean did they really need to have the coffin taken to the stadium?

Bet the people that sung were thinking "great, extra free publicity where millions that wouldnt care about me normaly would see me."

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I don't think MJ would have liked it. I sure as fuck wouldnt have.. its sickening to the bone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom