Metal music anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
If I knew who the fuck you were I'd be offended. As I don't I'm assuming you play DAOC.

Nuff said.

Oh and metal is still shit, listened to by little nurdlings in their parents' basement. It's for people who's life has got so shit they need some screaming machine music to make the rest of their pathetic little lives feel less shit. The only decent metal there has ever been is anyone who mixes metal with other things, for instance FNM, RATM etc, i.e bands who are talented at writing songs, not just talented at wretching down the microphone.

Metal's wank, get over it.

word

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
shanks said:
Id say you like "amplifier worship" like Boris had the common sense to name one of their albums.

How do you feel about acts like Pelican (songs like Drought, Sirius), Explosions In The Sky (songs like the only moment we were alone, Greet Death) and Godspeed You Black Emperor! (sleep)? No scary cookiemonsters to scare you guys away since that seems to be the biggest beef you really have with it, granted the last two arent metal either technically.

I like Pelican quite a lot! Explosions and Godspeed are alright, not amazing though.

Thinking about it, Rodan, Arab on Radar, Mindflayer all have metal influences. I absolutely love Rodan! 'tooth fairy retribution manifesto' is great.

Where do bands like Blood Brothers stand? They're ok in bits.

We agree on cookie monster vocals I suspect Bodhi, but your view of music is so narrowminded. Not only is the generalisation an ignorant one but next to the declaration that RATM write good songs, its laughable really. RATM, lyrically are terrible to the point where I cringe when listening to songs I used to like.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
If I knew who the fuck you were I'd be offended. As I don't I'm assuming you play DAOC.

Nuff said.

Oh and metal is still shit, listened to by little nurdlings in their parents' basement. It's for people who's life has got so shit they need some screaming machine music to make the rest of their pathetic little lives feel less shit. The only decent metal there has ever been is anyone who mixes metal with other things, for instance FNM, RATM etc, i.e bands who are talented at writing songs, not just talented at wretching down the microphone.

Metal's wank, get over it.

Can't really decide wether to laugh or cry at you. I'm a bit naive because I believe that most people acting as narrowminded and childish as you are just acting up because they're bored and this is the internet where it's always safe and entertaining to stir shit.
I have no idea what type of music you listen to, and I don't really care about it as I try to respect other people's taste, and the world would be a pretty fucking boring place if everyone was alike.
One day when you grow up and learn the concept of respect then maybe you will understand how silly you're acting at the moment.
Now I'm gonna put on some Portishead and relax with a strong damn cup of coffee, hf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom