Metal Gear Solid

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished it... definitely my all time favourite game. Just a word of advice - do not quit when you see the credits. This should be obvious for MGS fans :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Just finished it... definitely my all time favourite game. Just a word of advice - do not quit when you see the credits. This should be obvious for MGS fans :)
This should be obvious for anyone that's ever played a computer game ;) They always stick something at the end of the credits. Look at CoD4 :)

I've just started Act 4 and am really enjoying this game. I honestly thought I'd get tired of watching the cut-scenes. But they are just so good I wish they were longer. Bring on the MGS Movie :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'll be playing this on Saturday, for about 3 hours (to get use to the game) then I'll be jumping right to act 4/5 as my friend is there :p If not, we play from the start to the end. I've heard it looks good. Nice to get some real info from you lot.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
finally had a chance to play this today. I never managed to get into previous Metal gear games, but I am really enjoying this one.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
There's a "Metal Gear Solid Database" application on USA PSN now. I won't get it until tomorrow but it should be really interesting :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is there a link to download this Metal Gear Solid Database if you're not a ps3 owner?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Finished it now, thought it was a good game but overall really disappointing. They should have spent more time on the game and less timing making cut-scenes.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Finished it now, thought it was a good game but overall really disappointing. They should have spent more time on the game and less timing making cut-scenes.

Have you played an MGS before? I can't believe anyone would seriously moan about cutscene length considering it completely replaced the looooooooooong codecs.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i played them all but i used to read them quickly instead of listening to them, they ramble on a lot more than they need to usually ;)

In all fairness its probably my fault for playing in long bursts, after several hours i just couldn't bare watching any more cutscenes, although the only one i actually skipped was when a certain someone proposed to a certain someone else, but that was just horrifically lame.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i played them all but i used to read them quickly instead of listening to them, they ramble on a lot more than they need to usually ;)

In all fairness its probably my fault for playing in long bursts, after several hours i just couldn't bare watching any more cutscenes, although the only one i actually skipped was when a certain someone proposed to a certain someone else, but that was just horrifically lame.

I've never enjoyed the love aspect of MGS (Snake-Meryl, Otacon-Sniper Wolf, Raiden-Rose) and that scene was no different. However, I could happily ignore it and enjoy everything else about it.

Funnily enough, most people loved that part :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I bought a PS3 just for this game on Monday. Am loving it so far, just wish I had a HD tv and some gogo dancers

Overdriven

Finsished it 2 days ago, about 10 hours total play time.

Loved the ending, should of been different in a way, but loved it. Good game. 8/10.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
theres more than 10 hours of cutscenes so has to be without ;)

Online mode is pretty good, dont think it will hold my attention for long but its cool for now.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Metal Gear Online can really grow on you. In the beta I wasn't feeling it for quite a while and then it just hit me.

Playing as Snake in sneaking mission is awesome :) Playing as Mk II is more awesome though.

Overdriven

I did skip a lot of the cutscenes, so I recheked and my total time is just actually under 14h (That's with watching all of chapter 4 and 5 scenes, plus the ending, plus credits) can do the game in about 7 hours if you skip them all.

I suggest watching ALL the scenes though, some are long, but they're good. :D

Overdriven

Ooooooh, shame I can't download much anymore (7gb allowence :() I'd love to stick them on my TV and watch them.

Hope the MGS movie goes through, I hope it's 6 hours and I hope.. Yeah :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
twin snakes is different as kojima got uber jap dir ryu kitumura to direct the cut scenes

i got the mgs1,mgs2 and mgs3 cut scenes ripped by the same peep , wish twin snakes was seprate

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Just finished the game myself, thought the gameplay was great and it was beautiful. I would have liked more gameplay within the game though, the cutscenes were great and I had no problem watching a 30 min scene yet i often felt i was doing more watching than playing. I thought the character Drebin and his monkey were really well done, definately enjoyed any cutscene with them in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom