Metal Gear Solid

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Going to pick it up tomorrow, anyone got it already? Whats it like? :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The box is nice. Haven't got it open yet though, and won't till well into next week :(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Played for about 3 hours last night. I'm afraid it's going to be a love it or hate it for most people. Personally I'm loving it :)

Word of warning, get ready to play the game like you are watching a movie. Some pretty long cutscenes in there.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I've just done the first boss, the game is awesome, the combat is so much better now.

The game has evolved from just a steath game, so a mix of everything, so you can play any way you want, want to be a ghost or John rambo, either way is acceptable.

I just love the fact you can use the wars going on around you to your advantage, the game also sounds insane on surround sound.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished my replay of MGS2 (forgot how fucking awesome that was!)...... installing now :D

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Fucking hell. I recently played all 3 previous MGS games so I can honestly say this plays SO much better than the others. Getting into firefights is no longer a punishment for getting spotted, but just another way of getting through a section. The shooting is so much better but so is the sneaking. Octocamo is a great evolution of MGS3's camo system.

I've got so many good things to say about it and I'm only just under 3 hours in. The action is non stop and the cut scenes are better than ever. MGS2 was my previous 'best game of all time' but I can easily see MGS4 taking that crown.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Also, I love the fact that converstions with Octocan are animated now. No more reading hundreds of pages of text ;)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
All I can say is holy s**t at the ending, awesome game.

Well time to whoop some ass online!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Installing now..... First ever MGS outing for me.

Glad I upgraded my hard drive to a 320gb one (for around 70 squids).

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Well, it took me to the end of Act Two, but I finally remembered how to play a metal gear game and enjoy it. Just had to tear myself away after 6 hours of play, With a break for Doctor Who of course ;)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Installing now..... First ever MGS outing for me.

Unfortunately, the story and characters will be completely lost on you :/ I replayed the series recently just to make sure I still remembered the story.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
As part of the Game pre-order I got a 30 minute DVD that goes through the back story of all the previous games to get you all caught up for the new one. Invaluabe.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i never got that frigging dvd, i preordered mgs4 ages ago from a few sites.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I never got the DVD either. Whipped, was it an in-store preorder or online?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well ive now got one le set from play.com and 4 others from hmv,gameplay and zavvi.
miffed as i missed out on the one with mgs3 as well

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I never got the DVD either. Whipped, was it an in-store preorder or online?

I was an online order from Game. Got a letter in the post and had to take it into the store to get my DVD.

It might be available online somewhere.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
As the previous MGS bored me shitless I will have to aqquire that DVD before I play.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ta, I will start downloading the 4gig one, but a smaller avi of just the 30 mins would be nice :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Maybe I won't bother with the 4 gig download. It will take two weeks with 3 seeds.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Ok, I'll be seeding all day now if anyone wants to grab this.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's going at about 30kb/s, so I should have it within 2 hours, and I will also be seeding all day.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I've not bothered buying this yet as I never really got into the previous MGS games so thought I'd be totally lost on the plot, I'll grab this video and hopefully it will convince me to pick up 4 if I have some kind of clue about what is actually happening :)

Seeding also.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well I've uploaded it 2.5 times now, so going to stop for now. I might leave it on overnight if anyone needs it.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Heres something a bit mad, I just watched that video and realised I played and finished MGS2 but had no memory of doing so :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
word of advice on anyone who got a freebie cvg mgs mag with theres, dont read it, not only does it reviews the game it disshes major stroyline spoilers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom