Merry Xmas

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I thought i'd share this with you guys seeing as its a seasonal annecdote.

About a week or so ago we held a christmas themed coffee morning at work, the topic was "christmas memories" and the people who came all shared their tales of christmases past, there was a chap there, nice fella jolly and he told us about some of his christmas recolections here are a couple for you:

he grew up in the 1930s the time of the great depression (something we can possibly all relate to now i think?) and he said that they were so poor when he was a boy, and he was one of ten children, that they didn't get or give christmas presents or recieve pocket money but still they had nice christmases, they would have their lunch then the neighbours would come and (he said) because everyone had a piano in those days they would all sing and someone would bring an accordian and they would have a merry time. When he returned to school all his freinds would be telling eachother what they got for christmas and because he got nothing he said he lied and told them he got this fabulous peddle car, the friends came to his house and wanted to see this toy but he had to feign shock and make out it had been stolen.

When I heard this I must admit it really did bring tears to my eyes, then I wondered if all of his school friends had fabricated the gifts they said they had got aswell. Anyway that was the sad one, heres a couple of funny ones, this next one is from the same chap:

One day just before christmas his dad brought home some turkey eggs that he had bartered for some work, he put them in the airing cupboard and eventually they hatched, there was only one warm room in the house so they kept the chicks in there over night with a parrafin lantern to keep them warm, overnight the lamp went out and the next morning when they came down they found the chicks all black running about covered in soot but their eyelids were still pink and when they blinked it looked quite shocking hehe, anyhoo they had to try and wash them in the sink hehe.

Another chap at the even gave this story about his grandchildren and a special microscope he brought them that plugged in to the PC, the grandchildren were very impressed with the device but didn't know what to examine. Anyway, as kids do they had picked up a case of nits at school so as you do (i certainly did when i was a child with nits and a microscope lol) they examined these, the chap said the little grand daughter (who was only 6) looked carefully at the nit on the PC screen and did a printout which she carefully filed and named "Williams nit"

Merry christmas kids
xxx

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl that girl in the first picture looks like she's ice skating through the photo!

tierk

Part of the furniture
rofl that girl in the first picture looks like she's ice skating through the photo!

Look at her face in this one she has had a finger stuck in her butt by the girl in the grey!!

We had a lot of fun - food drink and hubbly bubbly as well as great company and tbh i am in heaven in this picture!!

View attachment 4781

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom