Memories.

Marc

FH is my second home
My time in Shadowlords Society is my fondest memory of DAoC. Such a diverse range of charcaters (rl personalites, not in game chars) in that guild that there was never a dull moment.

I actually felt sorry for Belomar at times, trying to keep /gu in control.

[Guild]Seviel: Hi al
[Guild]Seviel: Hi alll
[Guild]Seviel: Helo
[Guild]Belomar:Having trouble there Seviel? :)
[Guild]Seviel: FUCK ENGLISH
[Guild]Ziro: lol, just lost at DoD eh seviel?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
when taking keeps were like relic raids because everyone was lvl 30-40 :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Getting to the last steps of Ebon Hide and accidentily pulling the ml mobs (100 ish of those lion people) chasing me and the group.

Being level 5 and seeing someone talk to the necro asking for gold in the gothwaite stable :)

Playing my paladin on camlann and being attacked by a BD, i slammed him, power drained him twice and then proceeded to proc 5 Vampiric mists on him...was a weird lifetap fight but i won. First 50 bonedancer i've killed solo.

Being so happy to get lvl 5 on my highlander, went to train as a reaver but realised i cant, made a paladin :(

Flying on the dragonflies at that place just past wearyall village

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Those were the best meetings ever :D. Who was your irl friend in TBC?. :)
It was Darkspell/Darkmyst but he played something like command and conquer on-line with smellysox so he knew him too :)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
My time in Shadowlords Society is my fondest memory of DAoC. Such a diverse range of charcaters (rl personalites, not in game chars) in that guild that there was never a dull moment.

I actually felt sorry for Belomar at times, trying to keep /gu in control.

[Guild]Seviel: Hi al
[Guild]Seviel: Hi alll
[Guild]Seviel: Helo
[Guild]Belomar:Having trouble there Seviel? :)
[Guild]Seviel: FUCK ENGLISH
[Guild]Ziro: lol, just lost at DoD eh seviel?

Have to agree Marc , so of the best times in game have been SS related in some way.

Doing my lvl 50 epci ( had a 3 fgrp turn out) trying to take a guild photo but a Gimpy Pally and Scout kept slamming each other ( /thanks mytic for dueling )

From n00b times , using a 2nd machine and logging on my bro's lvl 50 thuerg and eb'ing a whole grp in keltio and then pwning the Ant room =).

lvl'ing up at gobbo's and me being a main healer becasue there was a shortage of clerics ( i had 15 rej :eek7: ).

My first kill ( Thid) getting my bro killed , then wooping the hero and bard.

At lvl 40 finding out there was a Mid/HIb side to df and making it across to mid side with a lvl 41 cleric for company . Man i was shitting myself. Then of course some mids logged in , we managed to kill 2 lvl 50's and few our own lvl. It was a Warrior who got us , but i was more out of sheer lunacy. He would beat on me , cleric would heal , he would beat on the cleric , i'd heal .. this when on for ages .. but in the end he won =).

Logging @ mid side and grey ganking for the first time ( only down side is i've never had a whine thred :p )

Teaming with some of the best people in the game that i know , march and nakk get a special mention as we didn't really play the game more just take the piss out of one another , all the guildies who helped me and i helped.

Borni , the legend with in Shadowlords .... he has and always will make me laugh =).

Dinging 50 just after Si was released.

My first solo kill in a proper rvr zone , stupid thane).

Belo's Weekly Keep takes.

Lvl'ing my warden / champ and bumping into a long lost friend for antroom /barrows/twee grps ( Puppetmistress or Puppethealer on hib/pry).

Getting a zerg to chase me on my warden and no one could catch me untill i got bored and stopped.

Relic attemps , relic defense ....

So many good memorys...

The newest has to be killing a lvl 50 vamp in a seige with a palitone as a lvl 25 savage on the classic server =)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

My first days of DAoC playing a very gimped pally on excal.
fighting, running, dying, killing my way to my first group in Mithra, we get down and a red mob 2 shots me. Everyone in the group is like wtf? you are a pally, you are suppose to tank these.

Me: they always go for me :(
Groupmember: Hmm that was strange
Groupmember 2: How is your con?
Me: It's a big red 0... is that bad?

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
rolling a seer and at lvl 5 going to a <healer> npc and being pissed of he wouldnt train me into a healer :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Dandare said:
It was Darkspell/Darkmyst but he played something like command and conquer on-line with smellysox so he knew him too :)

Team Armsman ftw, Mac Ruf Vlad Kerig and so on :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
All my fondest memories occured when grouped in PVE. Mostly in the first year of the game coming out. No one took the game too seriously back then, there were less assholes on line, and more good natured ppl who just wanted to have a laugh.

Don't get that these days. Too many ppl walk in and out of the game too quickly to build any long term rapport. Too many servers, too many toons, and so on. And don't even mention the shit attitudes these days.

Saddest of all, no one groups any more. Catacombs has destroyed the community spirit of grouping.

Didn't mean to turn this into a QQ but at the end of the day, I don't enjoy the game as much as I used to. Thats why I hardly play any more.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Discovering how to fire a bow on my level 7 scout.

Autopulling gobo's with Liste, Ziera, Cauton and loads of other fine people. Mad tangler and tree groups. Pissing off Xeanor for causing him 2 non intended exp deaths at level 49 was fun when i think back of it

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
At level 15 going to Muire tomb witha fg to kill Quillan Muire the boss and getin WIped then at 35 coming bk on my first char a Nature druid to kill him :>

My first time seeing the Hand that comes from the ground when a chanter summons his pet in Muire, i taught it was and alb and spammed it in /s :x

Going to Odins on my first bard at lvl 35 and seeing the GG for the first time

Running through a Mile gate with a random fg stuck to me and In the middle meeting Zoyster MoC PBing and killing us all, That was my first RvR run on bard ><

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
When me and afran kept ltting a level 10 cleric called Goldtooth (Jimthegreat) die to barrows mobs we said, here, u have longest range, pull the mob with smite, we will take aggro from you, then he pulled the mob and we go ARRGh lag spike!! damn and let him die. We said, Ooh, sorry mate, he goes, Np i will come back... he caught on after 5 of them. Harsh but funny :)

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
When I 1st started my champ in connla spent ages in the area killing mobs and going around with cloth armour till I was level 7 hee hee (It was cheap) then miss speccing him wondering why Blue were only thing I could kill.Big thanks to Gargo there for giving me more Help and in end to stop laughing that I was wearing cloth hee hee.

Joining Ilfirin Arda Great people like Elricstormbringer who helped me how to understand class I was playing and Him bestowing on me the title (Guild Idiot) when at 34 I deleted my Champ in Frustration and restarting it was sword and sheild made it LW in end.Fun times Great People who I miss from that period (4Yrs ago) Niteelf/Zenich/Graaunoon/Rory/Ochetac.

Going to Emain at 31 going AMG thinking what a Great game this is and Still is tho lots of changes have been made.

Big thanks to Elric and those in Ilfirin Arda for all Good times and Hope we have many more to Come. :)

Soulja

15Lvl 50's spread over Hib/Excal-Mid/Pryd-Alb/Glastonbury

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of good memories but a few shine out:

1) When I just made my rogue first off and being amazed by the game itself, and then seeing a level 6 scout kill something and being so impressed - especially the fact that the guy had a cloak (a hooded one too!)

2) Grouping with a 2h paladin who was lvl 11 when i was lvl 6, he spoke about 2 words of english and we just about communicated - he killed boulderlings while i leeched - he was called Brazil and somehow had a lesser telamon scimitar.

3) Finally giving up with my scout because i constantly missed - still not really sure why he did miss so much.

4) Going RvR for the first time at lvl 11 with Elfsplat and going to charge the enemy...we both ran into a purp mob and died - didnt stop us going back.

5) Going to DF on my cleric with my brother (on pally) to get a few rps..finally found a hib which i killed with smite - my brother had just run upto the elf and cast the paladin shield.

Loads more but i wont bore you with them.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
DrunkSkunk said:
rolling a seer and at lvl 5 going to a <healer> npc and being pissed of he wouldnt train me into a healer :(

:fluffle:

Xping in myrkwood and seeing all the 50's wearing black armor was amazing, looked so upto em :p

Rvring in df and seeing hulks/knights for the 1st time was one of my best moments ever.. rushing to alb site with mid zerg or w8ing for alb zerg to charge x-roads was just awesome, could actually kill something then on my gimp thane :D

Stalkzor

Fledgling Freddie
I remember the time when my smite cleric Hemorragie was hitting for 500 + dmg with top smite spell... good old time... when AE smite was awesome at mile gate fights (pre SI):clap: .....

British, ranger RR5xx
Mol Flanders, Bainshee
Hemorragie RIP
Qasar RIP
Others RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom