Memories.

Zdeath

Banned
So. Where did everyone experience their best moments and highlights of DAoC?

Was it at the start, when everybody on the server was running around clueless what to do at the start of the game?

Was it the time you shed your first tear of your group getting ganked for the first time?

Was it the first time you got a kill?

Was it the first time you ever got bombed on at the milegates by DH?

Was it..

Stupid post maybe, just curious though.

If there are any memories you'd like to share, apart from this being a *Insert QQ here* post, then post them here.

:)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
dinging my first 50....i was never into fast leveling so my first 50 came 1month after SI was released with a necro :)

some of my happy moments, gaining 2 levels on my merc in some group on salis plains killing slavers :)

Getting praises for keeping people alive in PvE with my cleric.

Going rvr on my cleric for the very first time and smiting mids :) (actually got the video of the mid i smited to death, was well chuffed ;) )

prolly many more, but cant think of them atm

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Spending about 8 hours game time running around camelot hills totally lost.

Placing the contents from my inventory on the ground ( I was only lvl 5 ) and going back later to find they had gone!

My first ever gobbo house group.

Seeing a cabalist for the first time ( hi Arri ) and wondering wtf they did.

Lots more funny memories :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Going to yggda with few of my friends and trying to avoid the purple con players :p now that's the thing new players will miss out.

0h and soloing orange thane with my druid :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Zdeath said:
So. Where did everyone experience their best moments and highlights of DAoC?

Was it at the start, when everybody on the server was running around clueless what to do at the start of the game?

Best moments was probably in the guild <Ascending Dawn>, when we finally got our shit together and was a good match for every guild on Prydwen with our guildgroup, RvR was yberfun back then and it havent really been that fun since that time, preTOA. Sure its fun now and then but.. it just aint the same thing.

Zdeath said:
Was it the time you shed your first tear of your group getting ganked for the first time?

Nope, actually when me and Zoe left Albion and our guild Utopia which I lead for some time, cried as hell when we said goodbye to everyone to try out Hibernia. Was a guild focused more at having a good time all around than RVR or anything else.

Zdeath said:
Was it the first time you got a kill?

Hmm nope, first kill was some SB that jumped my armsman back in 1.45 or so, smashed him to bits and spammed /vic for 20 minutes or so :D

Zdeath said:
Was it the first time you ever got bombed on at the milegates by DH?

Was it..

Never had the pleasure to play against this great guild sadly :)

Zdeath said:
Stupid post maybe, just curious though.

Nope, no post is stupid really, unless it is infact, stupid. There is nothing wrong with curiosity since it is what drives the human race forward in the end.

Zdeath said:
If there are any memories you'd like to share, apart from this being a *Insert QQ here* post, then post them here.

:)

Well, one thing, guildinvites. Back in Utopia on Alb/Pryd we roleplayed some and we had a certain way to invite people, we all gathered up with crimsoncoloured robes around the round table in Camelot and made an event out of it all, never really seen anything like it in any other guild after that time, it made joining us special and no invite was taken lightly at all. I kinda miss that thing alittle bit, nowadays people just join guilds to left and right without much thought. Personally I've always stuck to same guild for a very long time once I've joined it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
getting wiped out in a dungeon (forget which one) and having my old friend Ceap "the battle druid" come back on his own to rez the entire group, with his trusty lynx pet following behind.

getting a horse to DC for my first fins group (when it was still tank/pb groups) making sure i had got enough arrows/coffee/ciggies.

the first keep take by my old guild "pagan death cult" seeing our flag flying at a keep :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
when i lvl my paladin to 6 i trained for the first time... i put points evrywhere... crush, thrust, slash.... and wondering why cant i use slash styles whit a thrust weapon... that pissed me off and rolled a eld on excal hib (was my first 50)

first memorie of rvr was when i was about lvl 30 ish... ran all the way to amg in emain. there where ALOT of albs there... huge zerg. i saw theyr red names and ran bit further.. 5 sec later i got steamrolled by them :p and i thought that was cool :p

stupid memorie... 18 straight in a finns grp to get eld 50.... was up all day after that allso.... killing time whit the /level 20 command

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
the groups I had in Salisbury plains and Mithra
that I "married" Opillia fromRohan(or something like that) never saw her again after a month or 3
that all my friends with who I grouped on lower levels got faster to 50 then me is a bad memory :p <shakes fist at Samaroon and some others which name I forgot :(>
that I lvl 42 cleric saved a pbaoe group in AC on my own :D with small heals ^^ and get praised for it ^^
oh and of course the fun I had in GoV (Guardians Of Vetutsa) my very first guild
and that I finally dinged 50 after 2 years or something :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Pissing myself when i was on my first toon(merc) necro shade came and stood next to me.
First massive deathspam with chant
Killing a full group with my shammy on camlann
Beging for a spot in fins grp
Killing a rr9 ns, rr8 chant and rr3 shammy one after the other with my rogstar lvl 49 cabby, first time i went to rvr :eek7:
Lvling my druid in spraggon den my doting the mobs with a grey dot and kiting them round the dungeon, took my 30 mins to kill a mob :/

ill think off some more later xD

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
I had just bought the game, and was plaed hib, and i was in connla walking about with my soon to become warrior, and i didnt know how to enter attackmore..

but best part most be first encounter with aggromobs, when i walked into a Rowdy because i thought it was a nother polkayer, then went totally furious because he killed me and wentback to yell at him :D

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
-When i ran into a purple aggro gobbie with my level 3 fighter then came back at level 8 as arms thinking it would be a great spot (they were grey then :D)
-The first time I got rezzed at the graveyard outside prydwen keep
-The time my bro (gabbe :p) woke at like 5 in the morning yelling how cool the keep take he was doing was and telling me to come watch. I was too tired to think and saw my first ram weeks later ;)
-Staying up with my bro and his friend, eating ice-cream and playing daoc, the night before we were gonna lose internet for like 4 months!
-When I got 35g at level 7 from a "high" level!
-When I finally learnt the way to mithra from good old pkb
-The first time I went to bg at level 15 and got killed by a grp of mids, then sitting for 5 minutes laughing and saying fucking mids in swedish :D
-When my merc turned 50 atlast and finding out how hard RvR was for a random grp of albs
-Getting PL in moderna and getting my shaman to 50, finding out how easy RvR was for a random grp of mids

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Oh so many things...
probably BEST thing was just first week or something in game, think I was lvl 7 or 8, and somehow I had found Muspelheim, and ofc thought it was sooooooooooooo cool :D The sky was red, there were giants!!
So anyway I convinced my rl friend who was also not lvl 10 yet to come.. so we strolled around in muspelheim trying to avoid any agro, and then we saw a house! on an island! We ofcourse had to check it out, and all of the sudden 20 dwarves comes running towards us!! About 0.05 seconds later we're both dead, and laughing our asses off :)

A guildie taking me to yggdra, he was 40+ I was about 20, and suddenly out of nowhere a BRITON shows up! (mins or infil), I ofcourse had never seen an alb or hib before, thought it was so cool didn't even attack or anything..

Going to emain with my lvl 43-44 healer (my first highlvl char), and somehow we got a group together, 2 or 3 lvl 50, rest 35-49, everyone RR1-3, some of us hardly knew what assist was, and somehow we killed a full guildgroup!! Don't remember which guild, but they all had the same cloaks and all were 50... You should have seen /g after.. Everyone was like "What the hell just happened?!"

Ah the days of being a noob..... sooo much fun! You guys remember when you actually was in groups to get to lvl 5 outside Mularn? :D

(Edit: Oh oh and one more thing (i could go on forever..) While lvling with healer, actually getting pm's from ppl that were higher then you, asking for rezz in exchange for money!)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Trying to find safe campspots in Mithra which was bound to fail because of this wandering Bleeder muppet (who always arrived during a pull, causing the entire group to panic... what a Punk!)

Spending my last 5s the 5s at level 5 for a ride to Cornwall because I was curious what´s there. Found out that even the fros are purple and went back all the way to Camelot because I didn´t have any money left... carefully trying to avoid any aggro mob, scared to death to lose my precious xp. I made it... without any maps except the one in the DAOC booklet.

Constant ALT TABing to check Kristena maps.
Printing out all Kristena maps at work.

Rezzing a fg of high level Royal Bavarians (aka the 1337 guild back in the days), who died at my feet at the bottom of Harvester pit in Barrows. It was one day after falling-damage patch which they had obviously forgotten.

"Never expect the impossible" "Endure all things" and all the other mindless Keltoi quotes. Had them all /say macroed at some point.

Charming my first Medial Telamon!!!! After fearing them for months and months.

Farming money in Catacombs, chainkilling green cons to collect enough money for this goddamn guild emblem!

Cripple FFS!
Gobochains going out of hand, pulling the entire hill, chasing us all the way into Catacombs.

Three lines of groups at Gobo beach.

Stepping out of Snowdonia Station at level 15ish because I had to talk to an Epic Quest dude. Went a couple meters down the hill to see what´s there and got one-shotted by an archer. That was also the first time I received the ominous X sends "Where?" and I didn´t even know what the fook he wanted from me.

Dinging my first level 50, soloing Telamons with my Pally.

Wallhugging my way to Yggdra Forest with my Cleric friend, hiding behind trees, waiting for inc´s. We killed some Dwarf due to superb CC (Cleric stun) and my worn astertite longsword (very sharp!).

Mezzing multiple people in RvR with aoe mezz!

First guild keeptake, B&Q banners over Nottmoor Faste.

failed Dragon Raids:

sshot134.jpg

sshot135.jpg

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
one of the things i remember most (and i still get stick for it now) was getting lost in housing and not realising you could enter peoples houses (i was on my merc - only a lvl6 or 7 :) )

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
I have to say Darkness falls in the old days, pre SI.

When it changed hands and everyone grouped up to face the incoming enemies, no matter if you were 23 or 50 you were still invite to a group.
Spelleffects you'd never seel flying all over... And since this was many ppls first taste of RvR i think DF got many ppl hooked who otherwise wouldv'e ditched the game.

MaCaBr3

Banned
- My champ is my first ever created char and I totally miss-specced the 30 points. I think I got like 15 points in int or something, but I cba deleting and rolling a new champ after the hours and hours and hours of getting known the game and leveling.

- I was as slow learner, I didn't understand 20% of the game till late lvl 40s. I'm still a noob to this day, cuz I just enjoy this game and cba learning the underground foshizzle.

- My first ever RVR run was with TD and it was a relic raid. I was like:What in the name of holly fuck is going on ?? It was like learning the game all over again.

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
first real memory was grouping with my irl mates runing around SP With the bloke who owned the internet cafe we whre in on his wizzy Anric giving us agro shield and dammage add lol was funn to run around 2 shoting oengae con mobs hting for 20 dammage with sword and 80- dammage added from buffs lol back in the old days before they nerfed wizzy buffs lol

then runing BG with same ppl spaming in cs before porter wizzys got to pad for Wizzy buffs lol then trying to find who u could befof there timers ran out lol

in bg 6 of us 4 pallys 1 sorc and a cleric runing about lol was funn all in ornage armour that made us look gold and having us run to wards midies at MB and they turn and run away lol was well funny

next first ever Gobo house dam that was scary

going rvr at 36 with my GUild RB siting back twisting while rest of guys fight lol dam imiss old rvr lands

then basicly all over again with other chars game was great fun Si came got necro lved was my first lv 50 :)

pally got deleted at 47 got bored lol

then went on to lv 5 other 50s

my best achivment was lving a scout solo to 50 with no BB dam hard work but well worth it at the end went a bit sigh of relef lol and as i dinged 50 i dieed to the add that came lol i jsut did not care at that point muwahahaha

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
First time going to RvR at level 42 as Theurgist somewhere in patch 1.37 or 1.36 can't even remember but it was just after DAoC EU release.
Spending my whole mana bar on spamming pets just to have them mezzed...
Decided a Theurg was crap so rolled a Cleric instead but not after killing a grey con Blejsarus(thane) in Emain :)
Great time where you could see every con in Emain instead of all TOA'ed level 50's.
Groups consisting of something like 2 scouts a friar 3 armsman and some other classes but nobody cared about a decent setup back then.

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Fondest memories of crim valley in OF playing my lvl 35 void eld being able to one shot orange con mages :D we would have a massive stand off until the crim guard patrol got there and the hibs zerged with them down the valley hehe good times :)

The Noler lead RR on mids was also amazing when 2fgs of hibs went back through poc :D and we ran the decoy straight at 10 fgs of mids at hmg in odins to then watch them desperately looking around to find the relic which wasnt there

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
i remember:
the fear of the wee wolf's on fort atla beach
leveling oldschool unbuffed in spindelhalla

the first time i reached lvl5 and had to train(was at gjalplen) and asked where i could train, a guy said just over the water to gna, i started to run with a mate, after 1hour we wondered if we missed it, then we found fort atla rofl :]

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol getting the kill of a lvl 50 when my merc was about 20 or lower, bunch of us babies xping in DF and we pounced on this lvl50, twas a team effort but i got the kill, got about 300 PMs after too going "wtf?????"

/gu heeeelp im lost :(

(guild reply) where are you?

/gu cammy hills!

(guild reply) again?? ez your a lvl 50 now rofl wait there we'll come find you

aaah bless em, the patience of angels!

and ofc meeting all the brilliant folks, i swear i needed about 50 pages cos i slapped so many folks on my friends lists, so i guess my best memory of daoc is the players

*sniiiff* i love you guys!!

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
Having a fixed rvr group in old frontiers, with Klan Nidstang. :cheers:

Lywon

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, the memories..

I remember the old Albion days. I had my uber first Theurgist with own special spec, at level 10 I had something like 5 Fire 5 Air 5 Earth (or something like that).. Sure I was sad after I heard that that kinda specs sucks! I deleted him and maked a new one with Air spec. Damn the speed was awesome! I wandered every place in Camelot Hills and Snowdonia..

Pet spimming a red con mob to me was like daaaammnnn this guy is totally ubah! Then waiting 2 mins to get all power back that sucked ;D And the XP what that mob gave was something totally crappy.. Gah..

DAoC ruled when it came and it was totally new! Damn I could play that same version for days now! :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
setting lowest level air sprites on people in duels (lol i actually spend about 10 levels using the lowbie sprite as i missed the new spell i got and everyone was calling me a noob saying "didnt you know youve got a bigger one??" erm no..

hehehehehe

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
My earliest memory that sticks with me is my irl friend texting me at work to say we had a guild meeting that night in The Blue Dragon in Cam.....I was like wtf is he on about how geeky.
Anyway I went along with my lvl 10 armsman and about 20 people were there from the guild I had just joined (The Black Circle),the higher players were giving cool stuff to newbs like me and I was like "Hey I like being a geek" :)

Another memory is hours and hours of soloing without buffbot on armsman in barrows and DF just to get to 50 before my mate,and actully enjoying it!!!
But then I realised I'd choose the crapest char to solo in the game when I did get my first 50 lol :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Dandare said:
My earliest memory that sticks with me is my irl friend texting me at work to say we had a guild meeting that night in The Blue Dragon in Cam.....I was like wtf is he on about how geeky.
Anyway I went along with my lvl 10 armsman and about 20 people were there from the guild I had just joined (The Black Circle),the higher players were giving cool stuff to newbs like me and I was like "Hey I like being a geek" :)

Another memory is hours and hours of soloing without buffbot on armsman in barrows and DF just to get to 50 before my mate,and actully enjoying it!!!
But then I realised I'd choose the crapest char to solo in the game when I did get my first 50 lol :)

Those were the best meetings ever :D. Who was your irl friend in TBC?. :)

Dorimor1

Banned
My happiest times were in Guardians of Vetutsa really, no other time can come close to me and all my friends under one guild but now everyone is scattered. Usually its just me logging on every couple of days now, wondering why I have, wondering around in my dead guild :(

But really, really happy memories there.

Himse

FH is my second home
the first time i bought the game and made my troll mystic named Crun

i was like this is really great! .. as i died to a green con :<

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
So many memories... where to begin...
Getting an amazing 8k+ in 45 minutes killing 40 or so albs/mids while albs were blockading MMG
Defeating a buffed RR7 SB while unbuffed after he jumped me (fight lasted over a minute, we used all our tricks)
Taking the first relic in new frontiers(pryd) from the albs after a 12+ hour monster MARR.
Making a guildie laugh so much he ended up crying and fell off his chair.
Carrying the sticks past people during the RL pubmeet.
Seeing my ex-GM and guildie (Lafala and Merecraft) after they got married real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom