Memorial service for Oggy Bumblefinger

C

Chenuba

Sad to hear, condolences from all Illuminati.
We'll try and be there..

S

Shrye

Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjálfr et sama;
en orðstirr
deyr aldregi,
hveims sér góðan of getr.

I still remember first time I left Hibernia, to join another realm... With tears in my eyes, when saying goodbye to you :(

- Innenninie

O

old.Zuljin

Think i speak for Everyone in Clan Bearhawk when i say that we give our deepest sympathy to Oggy and his Famely. and will support TD and all the others that will take the time to come there and say goodbye to a true friend that will be missed.

Rest in Peace mate

N

Nishar Sunee

On behalf of Tuatha D'anu, i'd like to offer our condolences to the friends and family of oggy, unfortunately none of the GM's from Tuatha D'anu will be available to attend (2 are abroad and i am at work) but at least one representetive will be attending.

Also in light of this matter and out of respect to a well known member of the DAoC comunity i will be making a donation to cancer research, so plz people join us all in remembering Oggy.

C

Cowled

Very very sad

/salute

Never met u ingame, but always sad to loose a player like this :(

/salute again.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Would be nice to have a spirit bearing oggys name appear in bowl, to give one final salute during the proceedings. I know it is possible for GOA to create such a character, so its not as hard as a permanent marker, but would serve just as well.

Hope this idea does not offend. But a screen shot of a final farewell might be more apt. Pictures can speak a thousand words.

K

karlophin

Originally posted by Nishar Sunee
Also in light of this matter and out of respect to a well known member of the DAoC comunity i will be making a donation to cancer research, so plz people join us all in remembering Oggy.

Thank you so much Nishar, this is very much appreciated by terra dominus.

The guild is very much in mourning atm, especially those of us that knew that loveable firby.

Oggy my friend, we miss you dearly.

J

Jarahl Valinor

RIP =/

My condolances to all the ones he knew...

/salute

(one Armsman who will be there 100%)

G

gwal

Very sorry to hear it :(

I will let equilibrium know of the event

S

Spudgie

Oggy - My deepest respect.

I would like to say a few words for I won't be able to make it on Saturday -

Although I only met him a few times in-game, never really got to know him. My thoughts go out to his family for they will have suffered. I know what he'll have been through and what his family will have endured. I got away lightly and he paid the ultimate price. I give him a RL /salute.

Oggy, tonight I raise my glass to you and bow my head. For you will always be a greater person than I.

R

Rhuric

I know that I guild on Guinavaire in midgard got a moon permanent (think it shows on full moon) cause they where so well know or summat......so a permanent gravemarker shouldnt be so hard I think

My condolances to his friends and family, I met Oggy just a little in the beta days and thought he was a nice chap.....and reading all this make me think no less then that he was a great guy to have around, may you find peace in the afterlife

:( :( :(

F

Fatale

I did not know Oggy but it is obvious his friends are many. I just wish to offer my condolences to his family and those people whos lives he joined through DAOC.

T

thorwyntf

My condollencies to the family and to his friends/guild.

I`m not sure I´ll be able to makt it tonight, but I´ve changed the MOTD in my guild channel and there´s a thread on our website with a link pointing here.
I think it´s safe to assume, that noone of <Blade&Quill> is going to disturb the memorial service.

/salute Oggy

Thorwyn
GM
<Blade&Quill>
46 Pally
35 Scout
10 Wizard

D

dalamor

I never had the pleasure of meeting Oggy. But from all what i read he was a great person.
We in "Legends of Midgard" will show up and show this great gamer the honour he deserve.
Our thoughts will go out to his family and friends though we are sure he will be missed in the real world to.

Yours Sincerely,
Dalamor Dracon

GM of Legends of midgard.
www.legendsofmidgard.dk

T

Torin

Our deepest condolences to family and to Terra Dominus

Today is very sad day ....

We Salute Oggy and i wand to say it in my mother language:

Ïóñòü çåìëÿ åìó áóäåò ïóõîì.

Sad.

Today Black Company will not have any RvR activity in Macha in the mentioned period.

Torin
coGM of BC

O

old.Derszu

condolences to all family and friends..

/salute Oggy :(

Originally posted by Nishar Sunee

anyone can help...

http://members.ud.com/projects/cancer/

there is already a big daoc community active... :clap:

B

Bleri McThrust

I would like to add condolonces to all Oggy's family and friends, both ingame and out :( on behalf of Crusaders of Albion.

A message asking members of our guild to respect and if possible attend the memorial service will be posted.

H

hammerite

didnt know the guy, but sounds liike a cool dude.

deeepest condolences to his family and all who knew him.
will be there tonight

R.I.P OGGY

C

Cuthervaen

Damn sad news.

I didn't meet Oggy so much but all the times I did left me the impression of a relaxed guy with a great sense of humor.

:(

B

Brealanna

Schedule for tonights service

First off I would like to thank all realms for their response and help in paying honor and respect to a fallen comrade and foe, it far exceeds what I hoped for and I am sure Oggy is grinning despite himself ;)

At about 20:30 a small procession will leave Dun Leigen in the lead group will be a character called 'Inmemoryofoggy' who we are moving to the Emain bowl to form the gravestone, this character will never be used again or deleted and therefore leave a perament tribute to our friend.

At about 20:55 Guild Terra Dominus will leave Dun Crim and form up around the grave stone to start their 1/2 hour silent guard. We welcome all 3 realms to join us at this time, and request that you keep your /s and /y to a minumin during it, perhaps if someone could be at their respective portal keeps informing playes of what is happening so that we don't get people blundering in and causing trouble by mistake.

At 21:30 Guild Terra Dominus will then turn and salute the grave and then move to Dun Crim, at wich time we will leave the 3 realms to pay their repects before the hostilitys start again.

Thank you all again for your response, perhaps GOA will see this and put a more meaningfull marker in the Bowl.

U

Unilgathiel°

I didn't knew Oggy but my deepest condolences to his family and everybody who knew him. I'll be there to show my respect.

/bow

D

-Dreama-

Tho I never met Oggy I shed a tear for him. Equilibrium will be amung those paying our respects in the bowl. I will also try to place an alt at alb tk and inform the new ports about the time of peace in the bowl.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

My condolences to his family and friends.

T

*Tusk*

As a past member of terra dominus its v.sad to hear this, i didnt know him v.well btu he seemed like a great guy, I dont play the game anymore but i will come out of retirement tonite to attend emain. /salute Oggy

O

old.Xarr

All my condolences to his family and friends. Always sad to hear news like this :(

T

tohovi

From another former member of Terra Dominus - my condolences.
While I didn't know Oggy too well, I do remember looking up to him and respecting him in the early days after the game launched, both as a GM and as a speedy exp-er.
I regret that i left the server and didn't get to know what seems like a great player, and most importantly - a great person.
I unfortunately won't be able to attend the memorial, but as the bard I am, I will do my best to honor him with a serenade.

Once again, my condolences.
GG Oggy, /salute

-Civoth Tohovi, 42 Bard

L

Loccon

/salute
Sad news :(
I hope the memorial will work out fine.
Remeber the person he was, and he will live on in your memories.
My deepest condolences to the family and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread