Memorial service for Oggy Bumblefinger

J

just.thebrave

To his family, friends and guild i wish to offer my deepest condolences.

Tho i didnt know oggy, it sounds like he was a well loved person, and will be deeply missed.

Shadowlords will be there to pay their respects.

/Salute Oggy, May you rest in peace

P

Phyleus

I've never had the pleasure to meet Oggy in game, but still I'd like to send my deepest condolences to his family, his friends and the guild.

I'll be there tonight, leave my staff in albion to make sure I am there as a friend.

C

cHodAX

/Salute Oggy from The Dragon Senate Albion/Prydwen.

A few of our members have rolled alts to attend tonight, we didn't know Oggy personally but people I know have spoke highly of him and we feel the whole community should pay it's respects in some way.

Our condolense to had family, friends and guildmates :(

B

belth

Deepest regards and condolences, /salute Oggy. May he rest in peace.

B

belth

Looks like GOAs servers couldn't cope with the load - zone crashed I believe. 169 non-anon Albs were in Emain Macha when I took horse from Ludlow and a full pad (maybe 30 people) were incoming in Sauvage.

S

Sortbane

A good deal of mids too.. over 200 I think before I crashed..

P

pogo121

God bless Oggy

Even tho i cant ever say i knew him, and i can undoubtably say ive been ganked many a time by his blade. i think i speak for everyone who plays this game.....GOD BLESS OGGY !! <salutes>

Thx for letting me have my say :)

And pls pls pls pls keep this peacefull, you will be damning ur realm for ever by breaking the silence

H

Handie

sorry :(

he was an honorable person and i miss him

he killed me once in rvr but never gloated.
to lose someone is always sad- best of luck in the afterlife, it is better than this.

sleep well

B

Brealanna

Thank you from Terra Dominus

Thank you all for you attendance at the service tonight, I don't think I have ever seen so many Hibs, Albs, and mids in one place not fighting.

You have all done Oggy's memory proud this night, unfortuntly due to the lag caused Inmemoryofoggy ld died and therefore did not leave a grave. Terra Dominus will this week see about putting the grave there as it was intended.

Due to the attendance I will again see if GOA will put some sort of marker there other than just a gravestone, I think they will even have to take notice of respect that was given Oggy.

Again thank you for this night, due to the lag we over run a bit and the guild got ganked before the could leave the battle field, but I did say 21:30 would be the end time and it was. There will be no grudge held by Terra Dominus over our deaths at the end and I am proud of my guild that they did not attack back during that time which would have marred this service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rest in peace my battle brother you will be sorly missed.

A brother has fallen never to again walk this world, but we will pick him up and forever carry him in our hearts minds and memories, the realm and world is a lesser place now that he has gone.

T

thefunkrocket

Yes a big thanks from Terra for the turnout, was a good surprise.

Fidissair of Terra Dominus

J

Jace

Yes thx to all from all realms, the whole experience has moved me far more than I ever thought it would. Thx and rip Oggy.

R

Rav

The vigil was carried out well, and I can feel proud of all those who stood and watched Oggy's final farewell in peace and in truce.

Fare well Oggy, with you gone, there will always be a space in Hibernia that can never be filled.

F

FredaOfAxiom

As an E&E I will appeal to GOA on your behalf to get a mark of respect in place in honour of Oggy.

H

Hjelgan

Thanks Oggy for bringing us all together. Never been done before, and that kinda makes u Historical dosen't it :)

A friend called and i told him about the event. He went all emotional and started telling me about all the good people still left in this world. Can't more then agree with him.

Well, I had a great time.

Cya Oggy, rest in peace m8.

A

Affri

My condolences goes out to all who knew him.

Rest in peace, Oggy

G

Gwaen

My condolences to Oggy family and my old guild that are going to miss him but he will alway be in our hearts. :(

Sleep well my dear friend your battle with cancer is over and i hope you are watching over our guild hun

O

old.Stang

This is so sad :(

My condollencies to the family and to all his friends.

J

Jupitus

Phoenix Legion (Alb/Pryd) last night held a minute's silence in honour of Oggy's memory. Our thoughts and sympathies are with all those affected by this sad loss.

/Salute Oggy

J

Jayce_DA

What can I say - I never knew Oggy. But to hear of a persons permature demise is always a sad thing, I hope he had a happy life and enjoyed other aspects of his life as much as he seemed to enjoy playing DAoC.

I came to the memorial and was gladdened by the number of people who turned up to pay their respects, it was a rare event to get that many people of all ages and races together in peace for that long when the whole point of this area is hostility.

I thank you Brealanna for taking the time and effort to organise this in the name of Oggy's memory.

My sincere condolences to Oggy's RL family and hope they can find some joy in the fact that so many people from all over europe came to mourn the passing of Oggy. I hope that the memory of Oggy lives on.

S

servieta

/salute oggy

rest in piece m8

/cry

----------------------------------------------
Angels of Retribution
patroclus myrmidon lvl 50 paladin EXCULIBER
servieta always lvl 23 minstrel EXCULIBER
yerimos lvl 19 infiltrator EXCULIBER

O

ogmond

sorry

i am new in this game, and.... this game is a part of my life... and i am sure is a part of u r life too... i never get the chance to know Oggy, but what is good to do now is to keep quiet and HONOR him. the word's in such moment's are not important, but i still want to say smth:
HYSTORY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

--------------------------------
Excalibur:
Ogmond Thane 48
Ogye Shaman 24
--------------------------------

V

vratta

sad news i did know oggy but all respect to family
and closes friends

/Dracul [Vino veritas]

A

arianwyn

From a fellow druid on Prydwen; I salute you Oggy. May your star shine for eternity in the hearts of those you touched.

"'Mother, I've been on the cliffs out yonder,
Straining my eyes o'er the breakers free
To the lovely spot where the sun was setting,
Setting and sinking into the sea.

"'The sky was full of the fairest colors
Pink and purple and paly green,
With great soft masses of gray and amber,
And great bright rifts of gold between.

"'And all the birds that way were flying,
Heron and curlew overhead,
With a mighty eagle westward floating,
Every plume in their pinions red.

"'And then I saw it, the fairy city,
Far away o'er the waters deep;
Towers and castles and chapels glowing
Like blesséd dreams that we see in sleep.

"'What is its name?' 'Be still, acushla
(Thy hair is wet with the mists, my boy);
Thou hast looked perchance on the Tir-na-n'oge,
Land of eternal youth and joy!

"'Out of the sea, when the sun is setting,
It rises, golden and fair to view;
No trace of ruin, or change of sorrow,
No sign of age where all is new.

"'Forever sunny, forever blooming,
Nor cloud nor frost can touch that spot,
Where the happy people are ever roaming,
The bitter pangs of the past forgot.'

"High on the cliffs the light-house keeper
Caught the sound of a piercing scream;
Low in her hut the lonely widow
Moaned in the maze of a troubled dream;

"And saw in her sleep a seaman ghostly,
With sea-weeds clinging in his hair,
Into her room, all wet and dripping,
A drownéd boy on his bosom bear.

"Over Death Sea on a bridge of silver
The child to his Father's arms had passed!
Heaven was nearer than Tir-na-n'oge,
And the golden city was reached at last."

I

Icecreamsheep

My condolances go out to all that knew him. I have to admit i dont think i had the pleasure of ever meeting Oggy but it is always a sad time when a valued member of the community passes away :(.

To this world we are but strikes of lightening, we exist for the briefest of moments in which to make our mark.

R.I.P. Oggy

Sheepy

S

seinfeldboy

damn ://

I hate to hear about your loss mate. I wish I could be there with you sitting with the mourners. Hopefully someone will cherish Oggy and make a DAoC movie honouring his name and the mourners. I just wanted to say that many responds to this kind of things and I hope this will bring our three realms closer..

Sorry for the loss TD..

G

Gorguss

Did'nt know Oggy all that well ingame and not at all in real life, but from what I saw of him he was a really nice, funny and tolerant guy ..

He will surely be missed..

To all those who knew him in real life and to those close to him, you have my deepest sympathy, or how you say it..
(hope I said it correctly)

Fare thee well brave warrior of light!

Users who are viewing this thread