Impressed Meegopad Thoughts?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Just had an email pushing this, it seems crazy good for the price and dual OS as well. Am I missing something with it though?

The company (Banggood) I have used for a while and always deliver so it isn't like it's a dodgy Chinese set up.

Nate

FH is my second home
Nano copper, thats some grade a science shit there and mother fucking nano paint!? Am I in the future?

Trem

Nano copper, thats some grade a science shit there and mother fucking nano paint!? Am I in the future?
Yeah, they used it (nano) to make you think of special tiny robots when they just mean small. Small copper and small paint :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They're pretty neat.

You can use them for steam inhome streaming, and as they support bluetooth you can use ps3/ps4 controllers.
They don't have ethernet built in, but you can use a cheapo usb ethernet adapter.

Outside of that, I'm not sure what I'd actually use one for. Maybe for hotel rooms on holiday to plug in to their TVs so you can have a largescreen without hooking your laptop up?
You can also use it as a cheap emulator ( although not for ps2 stuff, ps1 and earlier only really ).

Perhaps a cheap homework station for kids if you don't want to spring for a desktop, or don't have space? ( I could see it being popular in asian countries where they typically don't have a home pc due to space constraints ).

soze

I am a FH squatter
Add a FLIRC to it and you would have a powerful little Media Device. Get rid of Windows and install that OpenElec Plex or XBMC and it is probably lightning. We have started using similar on some customers sites with Linux on them so we can remote control in and use ilo* ect to see whats going on when servers go bye bye.

Some customers refuse to let us NAT into the ilo but will let us have a machine on site we an remote control. It is wierd.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Saw topic, brain briefly read it as "Menopause Thoughts".

Trem

Well um, it's impressive that such things exist, but i personally don't see any room for it in my tech paraphernalia.
Oh, I was expecting a menopause reply :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Has it got the oomph to run 1080p videos properly? It strikes me that this might be a better streaming solution than a Roku or Apple TV, but only if it slings video around properly. For the money it might be worth a go. NB. Just looked on Amazon and the reviews are negative; mainly because the wi-fi is rubbish and the windows OS installed on it isn't legit (that was for the Win 8.1 version - I'm not sure if this would still be an issue with the Win 10 version - do OEMs get it for free as well? Seems unlikely).

Trem

Has it got the oomph to run 1080p videos properly? It strikes me that this might be a better streaming solution than a Roku or Apple TV, but only if it slings video around properly. For the money it might be worth a go. NB. Just looked on Amazon and the reviews are negative; mainly because the wi-fi is rubbish and the windows OS installed on it isn't legit (that was for the Win 8.1 version - I'm not sure if this would still be an issue with the Win 10 version - do OEMs get it for free as well? Seems unlikely).
Haha the bloody nerve of them :D

*But* some of the reviewers on Amazon are a bit retarded, I've read reviews about stuff not being real etc and ordered it anyway (Otterbox stuff for example) and it has always been legit. I sometimes wonder if competitors put reviews on there?

DaGaffer

Haha the bloody nerve of them :D

*But* some of the reviewers on Amazon are a bit retarded, I've read reviews about stuff not being real etc and ordered it anyway (Otterbox stuff for example) and it has always been legit. I sometimes wonder if competitors put reviews on there?

Doesn't feel like there's any astroturfing going on; there are a lot of complaints about the Win 8 version being dodgy, although as I said its an issue that might go away with the Win 10 install. The wifi thing is a bigger concern because devices like this really need good wifi; you don't have enough spare USB ports to waste adding better adaptors or ethernet connections. I've seen this before with Chinese no-brand Android sticks; the wifi made them unfit for purpose.

Trem

Doesn't feel like there's any astroturfing going on; there are a lot of complaints about the Win 8 version being dodgy, although as I said its an issue that might go away with the Win 10 install. The wifi thing is a bigger concern because devices like this really need good wifi; you don't have enough spare USB ports to waste adding better adaptors or ethernet connections. I've seen this before with Chinese no-brand Android sticks; the wifi made them unfit for purpose.
Aye, I have a Minix something or other somewhere and that was very good, no wait it was fucking shit and I wish I had never bought it. Luckily It is small enough to hide from the wife.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

It's clear the windows complaints are from stupidity, it comes with windows installed - not with a key and not activated. It's written in the product discription.

DaGaffer

It's clear the windows complaints are from stupidity, it comes with windows installed - not with a key and not activated. It's written in the product discription.

If it doesn't have a key and its not activated, its worthless, because you won't be able to upgrade to 10 without paying for it. Yes its in the small print, but essentially they may as well have not bothered installing it at all.

old.Osy

If it doesn't have a key and its not activated, its worthless, because you won't be able to upgrade to 10 without paying for it. Yes its in the small print, but essentially they may as well have not bothered installing it at all.

Um, no. Daz Loader or WinLoader slapped on it, and 10 installs with no issues, activation et al. Bit illegal, but they're leeching our data through 10's telemetry, so meh, fair trade.

old.Osy

Don't be a newbie.

" If a device was considered non-genuine or mislicensed prior to the upgrade, that device will continue to be considered non-genuine or mislicensed after the upgrade."

With the aforementioned tools, your "pirate" copy of Win7 will be considered genuine, and the upgrade to Win10 will mean you will have an activated, genuine copy of Win10.

DaGaffer

Don't be a newbie.

" If a device was considered non-genuine or mislicensed prior to the upgrade, that device will continue to be considered non-genuine or mislicensed after the upgrade."

With the aforementioned tools, your "pirate" copy of Win7 will be considered genuine, and the upgrade to Win10 will mean you will have an activated, genuine copy of Win10.

Except, it won't. I tried it this weekend. Doesn't let you upgrade to 10.

old.Osy

Could be a number of factors, but if your install wasn't based off original installation media, then "activated" with Daz or WinLoader, and you had used some p2p installation media source... well then...

20 GOTO "Don't be a newbie"

My own home box stands proof, it is Win10 genuine and activated, even though when it was Win7 it was "activated" using 3rd party tools. Original OS was 7 Ultimate, untouched, x64.

Trem

Just find it funny that @DaGaffer was (more than likely) sitting there with a face on him trying to get a dodgy windows to work, probably as his mother-in-law was raiding the fridge.

I dunno, it's the little things that make me laugh

DaGaffer

Just find it funny that @DaGaffer was (more than likely) sitting there with a face on him trying to get a dodgy windows to work, probably as his mother-in-law was raiding the fridge.

I dunno, it's the little things that make me laugh

*looks around for Trem's hidden webcam*

Syri

FH is my second home
Personally I wouldn't trust any dodgy turning a pirate copy into a thinks-it's-legit version... I'm pretty sure that, like most of the activation cracks that came before it, MS will figure out what's going on and push an update to "correct" any copy that got around it. I just don't think it's worth the messing around any more. I'd sooner pay a bit more, and not have to keep worrying about if the activation might suddenly break one day.
Plus that ASUS stick DaGaffer linked to looks pretty nice for a tiny PC...

leggy

Probably Scottish
If I hadn't already spent 95 quid ordering a steam link and controller I would have got one. Saying that, I did get a free random copy of rocket league which I have absolutely no intention of playing. Football...... and Cars... My worst nightmare of a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom