Meduza - Over and Out!

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Well… Time has come for me to say goodbye and happy hunting… But before I go, I’d like to tell my story – The True Story of Meduza!

It all began a few weeks after release of DAoC, the best MMORG I’ve ever played. Like so many other ‘newbies’ my first online game was Diablo, then Diablo2 (and the extensions etc). I played an ice specced sorc in Diablo 2, and I have always liked the way casters in general is in roleplaying games: Hard to level, but hard to kill once levelled! So I chose to become an ice specced theurg with the name of Zlair (“slayer”). I went 50 ice, and my god was that my first mistake! It took me a year or more to get to 50, mainly because no one wanted a non-pbt theurg! Finally at tanglers I got my breakthrough, because the AE root in the ice line lasted longer than mezz, so whole beaches could be pulled and killed. Unfortunately at the time, the root was bugged (like so many other things ;-), so whenever a cleric tried to heal someone close to the rooted pygme (some claim it would be a cleric healing the caster of the root that would cause it to break – but that’s not my experience) – anyway, the next thing would be group breakup because tanks went: “I think I go to trees, that’s more safe – happy hunting”. Well, at around lvl 47+ I met some wizzes (Eraser, Leopol, Dhs and a few others) who didn’t mind risking death, so we did AE pulling on a regular basis: Me doing a pet pull, then when the whole beach came, I would spam AE root and they would spam AE nukes. Root was at the time also bugged in a good way meaning the timer was reset at every AE root. Levelling finally went fast, and at some time I dinged 50 – WOO HOOO!

Note: In between level 30 and 40 I, like so many others, levelled my 2nd account – a buff bot. Name of buffer was Enhanze Bot - carefully chosen J. She levelled alongside Zlair at tanglers.

Well, I dinged 50 and went RvR. Ohh, what joy it was… being killed by archers from god knows how long a distance because I didn’t have pbt… A solo theurg surely wasn’t welcome in RvR land J. Then I figured, well, Mastery of the Arcane would increase my stat-buffs, so why not bring Enhanze into RvR – more dex and int, faster nukes J. Only problem was, Enhanze was only level 42 at the time (last INT buff), so she didn’t have much chance getting a group, and solo ? – forget about it ;-). So instead of levelling Enhanze, I simply went to RvR alone with Zlair and buff bot on /stick. That actually went rather well. Enhanze soon (a few months ;-) became one of the top 20 clerics RP holders, being only 42 J - quite amusing if you ask me ;-). MoA4 and I was happy. But RvR was still a pain… Damn stealthers killing poor solo theurgs!

So I made a decision: I want a stealthier myself! I made Lethander (god of something in AD&D) – the scout! But man was I into a surprise! If levelling a thurg was a pain, then levelling a scout was a living nightmare! I got to level 21 and thought: To hell with this shit! Stupid game, stupid levelling, stupid me for continuing playing!

Well, I wanted a stealther so I didn’t give up. I made Meduza! Levelling was still a bitch, but with a buff bot it actually went quite faster than my 1st char (also given the fact I now knew my way around Albion). Levelling Meduza took some half a year I think, where I soloed from 1 to 45ish. In Avalon City I met Ooze, so we duoed a lot in AC. I couldn’t RvR with Meduza, because I autotrained stealth to 44, but once I dinged 44, I went RvR. And what joy! My god this was paradise! I could actually go between milegates not getting killed by stupid archers! AND I COULD ACTUALLY KILL SOME! Wooot! My first “red” kill was a ranger called Kaor at AMG in Odin’s Gate. Red because I wasn’t 50 at the time. Kaor was, at the time, silver hand I think, but at the time I had no clue what-so-ever what the different names below the race meant realm rank-wise. But damn it was funny. Unfortunately I also became aware of the Hibernian Stealth-Zerg lead, mostly led by a ranger called Alderian. Alderian later became my No #1 toy to play with, mostly becuz he was damn good specced and I only once in my entire career killed him while him having all his Realm Abilitues up (Im talking the rare 1 on 1 where he was without his Nightshade zerglings). Damn! (So instead I liked to be in a “normal” full group and use See Hidden to find him and kill him over and over and over and over again – mwuhahaha). But even tho he probably hate my guts, and even tho he at some time bought the account, and even tho he is a zergling, I (still) consider him to be the very best ranger I ever faced.

Well, time went by and I dinged 50. The same day I dinged 50 I joined The Brethren. A very nice bunch of chaps who actually let me in their RvR groups from time to time (I think Magmatic felt sorry for me being all alone in Odin’s Gate ;-). I was specced 50 thrust/crit, 35 envenum/stealth, and rest in DW… a very good spec at the time for RR5. I killed low RR fast, but had a hard time against higher RR NS’… It took me about 2 weeks to get to RR5, which I find quite an accomplishment… But damn have I camped HTK for endless hours for sometimes only a few kills J. Well, I became better and better, but I constantly had a hard time killing rr5+ ns’… therefore at some time I respecced into 50 thrust, 44cs, 33 stealth/envenum and rest in DW. That spec was surely a lifesaver… rr5-rr7 ns was no longer a problem (only Slytale tho, the hardest NS to kill imo… I think from when he became rr6+ him and I was about same score on the killing of eachother, but meeting him was always a challenge). The RPs flowed in, and I after some 4-5 months became rr9. I respecced into 50 DW/thrust, 31 stealth/evenum, and 21 crit for PA. This is imo the very best spec one can have – surely lowering stealth/envenum at rr10 to put more in crit is an option, but besides that small correction, this is imo the best mercfil spec around. No other enemy was nolonger a real threat besides the usual IP-ing tank. One time I remember meeting Tusk (a Hibernian something) – my god I got not only fooked, but I got fooked so hard my coming children will have bruises! I saw Tusk sitting down on hill close to hmg. I sneaked up to him. He was on 40% health. I PAed, but be4 I got to CD, the bugger god-damn slammed me!!! He stood op, made 4-5 swings and killed me! Ffs, I had some 2k hits, and the bugger killed me! And I PAed ffs! Lol, looking back now it was quite funny, but damn I whined in /gu :D.

Time changed, and hibs started to flame on on Barrysworld… I thought it was amusing that ppl actually bothered to flame someone with personal insults. The ppl called me a zergling, becuz they once or twice met me being grped. I have tried always to solo or duo, cuz I find that the most fun. But with Alderian zergs, and other hibling zergs in Odins, I soon grped up, and then one or two might have been killed a few times by me in grps. I once stated that: A true infil prefers soloing! And that is true – I preferred to solo, but mostly found it very hard! I wont say sry for the ones ive zerged, cuz ive been zerged a whole lot more.

Other ppl accused me of using radar. I must admit, that I tried to install one – severel times. But the tech-geek I am, I couldn’t rly get to install a linux program on a windows pc (duh!). then I tried to install linux on a 2nd pc, but damn – linux surely isn’t for normal ppl! I never got it to work, so I quickly gave up on that. The I found out that some1 was selling radar to use on windows PCs, so naturally I went to get it… but the fook wanted cash for it, and noway I was gonna pay cash for a program I didn’t even know wasn’t a backdoor or Trojan horse! (I couldn’t know this either using the linux, but then I wouldn’t have paid to be screwed ;-).

Time went by and I left The Brethren. Not becuz we didn’t like the ppl, but more becuz Raisen and I thought Albion needed a non-zerg stealthguild. We made Archidictus, but went silently about it. (Raisen tho asked a few of the other good ppl around to join, but I didn’t know about that ;-). My long time m8 from Red Dragons and also The Brethen, Loxleyhood, also joined. Requirements was rr6 (rr5 for minstrels), and a desire for soloing or duoing. We didn’t wanted zerglings, so we never rly got to a high number ;-). Guild is now dead (well, by buff bot account is GM now), but it was a fun experience, tho it lasted a very short period of time.

I could go on and on and on, but have to stop at some point. But in the spirit of the game, I would like to share some of my best moments:

Zlair:

Meeting (a low rr) Horsma in the gates of Dun Crimthain. I had Enhanze on /stick, and I nuked Horsma. Horsma turned towards me and we ended up in between the doors of DC. I nuked, used MoC, and kept healing myself with Enhanze. Horsma kept hitting me, and I got him down 3 times, but he just wouldn’t roll over and die. MoC ran out just as albs took over the keep. Doors closed with me, horsma and enhanze in the middle. I kept trying to nuke, even tho I rarely got a nuke in. Enhanze kept healing, and Horsma kept hitting. Finally Zlair died, I didn’t know what to do with enhanze, so I made a /bow. Horsma waved, but when keep archers started to shoot at him, he finally killed Enhanze and died himself. (Enhanze was 42).

Meduza: (many, but these r the best ones)

Most annoying: Loxleyhood and I was on the way from atk to amg unstealthed. Slytale then PAed me, but I didn’t bother to purge, becuz I was sure Loxleyhood would kill him. But I died, Slytale went on Lox (who didn’t have IP at the time) and killed Lox too… Slytale has never forgot that and he keeps reminding me about it, the bugger ;-)

Best moment (emain): Killing a shamen, savage and hunter at mmg in emain. One of the few times I went to emain I actually got to kill this trio. Shamen and savage was on wall, hunter on other side. I went to kill shamen, and savage started to hit me. I noticed savage was on /Stick, so I jump down hib side with a hurt savage with me. Savage died, and the hunter has alrdy started to shoot me. Hunter however had also jumped from the wall to get a line-of-sight, so he was hurt too. I vanished, and PAed+Cded him, and he died shortly after. Good fun imo J

Best moment (odins): so many to choose from. Best one must be 3 rangers and 2 nightshades moving from hmg to amg unstealthed. They moved closely together, but I was on a suicide mission (dinner time). I PAed the lowest RR ranger, and got to kill him with the others on me. The I purged cripple, started to run and the fools ran after. I ran to a tree, where 3 of them got stuck, I killed 2nd one and vanished away. Man I laughed there :D.

Well, time to say goodbye and thank you all for a good time. Ppl I like to thank is my rl mate Feyd (Drgoodlove), cofounder of Red Dragons with Zlair. Stephen (Larae) who joined Red Dragons and stayed all the way even when we was very few in it. Loxleyhood who joined Red Dragons at lvl 15ish and stayed with me in Red Dragons, The Brethen and later Archidictus. Lox and I had lots of fun in Odins J. Madcarrot (Madonion and later owner of Cplcarrot), very fine chap, and also a Red Dragon. And many many more whos names shall never be forgotten… ppl in The Brethren, Hawkwind, Mystake, Dejavu, Fii, Havesome, Stabz, etc etc etc.. u all know who u are J

Ohh, I forgot to say why im quitting. Well, new job takes up a lot of time, and I once lost my gf to the game, but got her back, so I don’t rly feel like loosing her again J

And ofc the fact I hate PvE, so ToA wasn’t the thing for me… My ego wouldn’t last if a brehon NS on a powertrip with capped artifacts owned me ;-)

Have fun and stay cheerful… it’s a game, and therefore surposed to be fun J
(Meduza wil from now on not be the real meduza, but a m8 who "got" it)

PS. sry about spelling and shit :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I will miss you, but at the same time I'm very glad that your rl is going so well. Goodbye. :)

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
hum we might be able to unban u from stealthzerg now if Q allows xD

[TB]Conquest

Fledgling Freddie
cu Meduza , ur a very nice guy and helped me a lot when I started playing my infil :)
Respect!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
meduza you need to resize too small so can't be arsed to read but gl hope u didn't have any apprentices for mg zerg

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Buhh from who i will get icecream from now? :( :(
Glad ur rl is going well and u got ur gf back :clap:
GL in the future :wub:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
farewell.

tbh you were one of the crappier fotm' infs in the second generation of DAOC that I've encoutered. You had a foul tongue about you and one of the weakest lowlife playing skills I have seen on an inf. Running in FG's to kill solo'ers was one of your particular specialities. You suxed whever I came accross you solo and couldnt PA a barn door with a bazooka at 5 yards.

Apart from that Im sure you are a nice guy and we would have been gr8 buddies if we played on the same realm. Good luck, prolly see you in a month when you get hunger back.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
I quite agree what censi said..

That, and I wish you all the best.. I didn't like your playing style, but you probably are a nice guy really.

bye, and have fun.

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
bye m8y, always had fun with u and lox in odins, hf IRL :kissit:

Neo

Loyal Freddie
sorry 2 c u go mate :(
but i atleast got u once
be4 i deleted \o/. gl and hf irl :)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Gl med :)
still renember that moment with us on hmg and u telling me who ur therg was, god that was funny eh ;)
Duoing with u when we were both low rr on our infs was gr8 fun,ull be missed :)

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
i actaully liked fighting you, although u killed me 99% of the time lol.
yes i got pissed off, alot lol.

duel me before you go in odins or something few mores rps for you xD lol

Rod-mjaa

Regular Freddie
almost cried on ur story ^^
tbh I hated when u killed me at odin's sometimes..
won't miss u that's for sure but, have luck in ur life,
maybe we meet in some other game and I can :twak: u

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
Other ppl accused me of using radar. I must admit, that I tried to install one – severel times. But the tech-geek I am, I couldn’t rly get to install a linux program on a windows pc (duh!). then I tried to install linux on a 2nd pc, but damn – linux surely isn’t for normal ppl! I never got it to work, so I quickly gave up on that. The I found out that some1 was selling radar to use on windows PCs, so naturally I went to get it… but the fook wanted cash for it, and noway I was gonna pay cash for a program I didn’t even know wasn’t a backdoor or Trojan horse! (I couldn’t know this either using the linux, but then I wouldn’t have paid to be screwed ;-).

Shows what type of player you were imo. So basically you are saying here you tried to cheat (use radar) but you were too stupid to make it work?

Helter

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for some great conversations and good tips.
Take care and good luck with whatever you do.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Shows what type of player you were imo. So basically you are saying here you tried to cheat (use radar) but you were too stupid to make it work?

I was reading that in horror.. I mean theres honesty, and there honesty....

Thats quite funny though, a wannabe hackor that was too retarded to install the SW.

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
:cheers: to a good friend for the last two years, enjoy your real life mate and keep hold of that girl.

Best infiltrator in the game :worthy:

See you again some time bud

Eraser

Loyal Freddie
bye zlair, good luck IRL :wub:
will never forget our mass-pulls at tanglers :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom