Dracus said:
Doesnt look good tbh ;)

But im sure he's a great guy n' all :flame:

/Dracus
wtf if someone abuse bug he is still great and all ? :m00:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Never said otherwise, does that change the fact he was casting from a spot only allowed by a geometery bug? That is what this about, exploitation of a bug that allows people to hide inside walls at Hib keeps.

But as i said before this been happening before and GOA was called upon,aslong he can be hitted by ranged attacks it's 100% legit.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
he jumped out from top of DC too that position, like other people said, he can be killed there aswell.

not a bug abuse afaik.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tareregion said:
He was not inside walls cos he could be targetted and killed by ranged attacks. Anyway, like you said, you reported to GoA, let them judge.

OMG are your eyes working? He was partly inside the wall, enough so that I could only click the end part of his title. Does that only make it partial bug abuse??!? It is legal or it isn't, end of story. If it is deemed legal then expect to see alot of Alb casters playing Spiderman on a keep wall near you this spring!

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
he jumped out from top of DC too that position, like other people said, he can be killed there aswell.

not a bug abuse afaik.
imo it s bug abuse u have to do something to get there.. ;p

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
OMG are your eyes working? He was partly inside the wall, enough so that I could only click the end part of his title.!

But you was able to select him,that's all what matters.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
if mealoch tried to sit maybe he wasnt able to select him tho ? ;o

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Downanael said:

Pfft, regardless of the fact that I had to piss around to find a spot I could click and that he was in a geometery hole right?? Please, that just deifies logic, he is gaining an advantage from a bug either way.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Pfft, regardless of the fact that I had to piss around to find a spot I could click and that he was in a geometery hole right?? Please, that just deifies logic, he is gaining an advantage from a bug either way.

That's how it goes,Mythic and GOA said it's ok aslong you can be hitted which he can.

Necros who were hiding their pet's on mg's so you could not hit them anyhow were abusing a bug,Maelch dont

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Fadeh said:
And of course edlina have to agree with the hib guy. If it was a alb guy who got accused im sure he would never defend that guy.

And whats this stupidity by random alb guys talk. Not like people like you and p0x are any brighter?

Yush it's me and p0x that goes around saying people is abusing bugs lag cheating and using radar.

Fact is that we don't use radar and that what Maeloch did there wasn't breaking any CoC and as such I'd say these random alb accusors are tossers.

Oh, heh and you seriously think Mythic made a game where 8 people were supposed to kill 40 and big fights are practically so stupidly lagged that they are impossible to fight even though they want epic battles, and certain classes are totally useless in good rvr, and it being more fun fighting small scale RvR than taking keeps, relic raiding etc?

Mythic meant for a lot of things that this game ins't, but Maeloch standing on a wall isn't what qualifies as bug abusing, even if Mythic didn't mean for people to be able to stand on walls...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Downanael said:
That's how it goes,Mythic and GOA said it's ok aslong you can be hitted which he can.

Necros who were hiding their pet's on mg's so you could not hit them anyhow were abusing a bug,Maelch dont

Show me a quote where either Mythic or GOA have ever said that? Necro's got fixed because of mass bug abuse, this Hib keep hasn't been fixed because most people are either unsure if it is a bug and don't want to risk it or they have a sense of decency and realising that it is seeking to gain an advantage by using a design flaw.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:

with melee class none were able to hits him or then need to jump like he did etc
i never seen any post with mythic or goa saying it s ok tho got any to show ?^^

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
imo it s bug abuse u have to do something to get there.. ;p

u can go too that position in a very legit way :p

(jump out from top , lick the walls)

and cHodAX, i see you mezzed him there aswell? (ie he is not "in" the wall)

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
A screenshot doesn't show the whole scene, we had been mezzed then dotted. I took the screenie whilst the other raiders ran into the tower. Sadly a few of them died on the stairs. Regardless of that, he was inside the wall if he can only be targetted by clicking the end part of his name.

Regardless, going after what can be seen on that screenshot he didn't abuse any bugs, just jumped out of the lord room and stood there. Fact is as a caster that's like the worst position you could ever find yourself in, a more open and thus stupid position is kinda impossible to find... He probably fell off the lord room battlements if you ask me...

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
with melee class none were able to hits him or then need to jump like he did etc
i never seen any post with mythic or goa saying it s ok tho got any to show ?^^

Was on barrys's maybe year ago,some chanter was almost same spot on the tower nuking albs who were taking a keep and could not him via melee ways.Cant show you that thread anymore for some well know reason

Cyfr

Banned
Hahahahhaha. If you think this is bug abuse your an idiot. Being able to jump from a wall is not a bug.. oh and you know the invisable ledge above the inside door on hib keeps, thats also not bug abuse (kemor said it himself) because you can be hit by people. :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
ermmm thats not bug abuse, i (used to) do it all the time to reduce falling damage when jumping off, ive even seen people build siege stuff there...

just jump off the tower to catch him or /stick him from the inside and hit him

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Morchaoron said:
ermmm thats not bug abuse, i (used to) do it all the time to reduce falling damage when jumping off, ive even seen people build siege stuff there...

just jump off the tower to catch him or /stick him from the inside and hit him

So, it is not a bug to stand on a near vertical wall just like Spiderman? Please, that just defies logic. Nevermind the fact that the wall was obscuring much of the player model making it very difficult to target him.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
So, it is not a bug to stand on a near vertical wall just like Spiderman? Please, that just defies logic. Nevermind the fact that the wall was obscuring much of the player model making it very difficult to target him.

It has got nothing to do with logic, it's a game, magic has nothing to do with logic, just fyi...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Edlina said:
It has got nothing to do with logic, it's a game, magic has nothing to do with logic, just fyi...

Never realised Mentalists got the climbwall skill...

remi

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:

its more FallOnWall skill, and every char in daoc got that one :p

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:

But mincers do, why didn't you kill him then? ;)

And he didn't climb it exactly.... more like fell down on it

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
So, it is not a bug to stand on a near vertical wall......

that is EXACTLY the problem: near vertical wall, not 100% vertical so you can stand on it, this too has been in the game forever and is used by everyone, the difference is you dont have to do a special 'exploit' in any way like drawing the window or make lag so you can jump higher, just drop yourself on the wall and your there

i see no easy way to fix this since their engine doesnt seem to have 'sliding'...

or well they could remodel the hib keeps...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Edlina said:
But mincers do, why didn't you kill him then? ;)

And he didn't climb it exactly.... more like fell down on it

:p It is all about your point of view I suppose. I and others consider it a bug, you and others don't. I have emailed GOA and Mythic for clarification. If they confirm it is legit I will happily apologise to Maeloch, however if it is legal then and they confirm it then it is a sad sad day for this game because the floodgates will be open. You will start seeing casters/archers in all kind of places, in the long run it is not good for the game.

MrCoffee

Fledgling Freddie
its no doubt legal..like when he would use his 30 min recast RA every fight

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
:p It is all about your point of view I suppose. I and others consider it a bug, you and others don't. I have emailed GOA and Mythic for clarification. If they confirm it is legit I will happily apologise to Maeloch, however if it is legal then and they confirm it then it is a sad sad day for this game because the floodgates will be open. You will start seeing casters/archers in all kind of places, in the long run it is not good for the game.
Well, you get spotted quite easily there, so not a really good place to stand anyway :) But let GoA decide it, close the thread, it's served its purpose I think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom