Mealoch the bug abuser

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
:p It is all about your point of view I suppose. I and others consider it a bug, you and others don't. I have emailed GOA and Mythic for clarification. If they confirm it is legit I will happily apologise to Maeloch, however if it is legal then and they confirm it then it is a sad sad day for this game because the floodgates will be open. You will start seeing casters/archers in all kind of places, in the long run it is not good for the game.

it is a very very bad location to stand, you have no obstacles to duck behind in case you get targetted by someone with a ranged attack, and all your targets CAN go behind another obstacle and if you dont walk off carefully you take some more falling damage

try it yourself, jump on the wall and you'll see that your vision from there is like 0 and cant select anyone else but yourself (the camera is in the wall from most angles)

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Just switch to first-person view morch, can target pretty well then. Still a crap place to stand once people start to target you though :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
maeloch didnt cheat if you jump off the top of any hib keep and hug the wall you bounce down the side of it, if your not careful this can kill you if you hit the top then continue down the fall will kill you.

You could still hit maeloch just because your group is obviously a tank specific one and leaves casters at the portal keep doesnt mean he cant be killed just that Your group couldnt kill him.

Its swings and roundabouts you dont want casters and then your group gets owned by one and you complain. Next time you rvr take a few ranged classes with you say a scout or a fire wizzie. I would have just life tapped anyone stood there but me being an animist is easy.

Next time dont just jump on the OMG FTW LAG HAXOR bandwaggon if you think he has cheated the post the screenshot too goa dont say anything sit on it and then see what happens.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Kjel said:
Just switch to first-person view morch, can target pretty well then. Still a crap place to stand once people start to target you though :(

i know but you cant pan the camera in 1st person thus losing the overview (if you turn people will go oos) :p

good place to stealth tho if assassins are after you :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
bah

Araudry said:
if mealoch tried to sit maybe he wasnt able to select him tho ? ;o

And obviously he could have casted sitting aye? LOL

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Fadeh said:
You seriously think mythic made a game where people were suppose to be able stand outside of a tower?

I dont think they should perma ban him or something. It isnt that serious. But they should give him a warning or maybe a 3day ban or something.

On the other hand its possible to walkthrough someone; incl. your own realmmates... Same logic can be applied to that

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
tbh i dont even remember this, but it's easy to fall off / jump over the lord room wall in hib keeps and end up 1/2 way down the tower, specially if ur frame rate is low. There's no cheat involved, I was prolly just trying to get up on the wall to cast and fell off.

Try it yourself.

As as already been said, it tends to be suicide cos of ur exposed position if the courtyard is full of enemies. So it's not even worth doing.

I had no idea you had problems targetting me and didn't even try to get upthere, that's all i can say. That and post this kinda shit to right now instead of dragging me thru' it on the forums.

Oh, and ta to those putting in a kind word also.

Mael, 50th menta.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
MrCoffee said:
its no doubt legal..like when he would use his 30 min recast RA every fight

Not another one. :/ It's on a 15min timer ffs, so tends to be up most fights.

Mael.

Happlo

Fledgling Freddie
This is pretty disgraceful tbh. If you think someone is bug abusing try to act like an adult if you can and just post it to Right Now instead of dragging a guy through this shite for what i can only imagine must be your own amusement?! :eek7:

How you can accuse someone of a bug exploit before you've even heard from the correct authority on this (GOA, not you) and label him on this PUBLIC forum is beyond me. However it was very good to make an appology, not many people would do.

My view is this :-

Maeloch can be targetted.
Maeloch can be Nuked/Shot/Mezzed/Interupted.
Maeloch is in plain view and an obviouse target.
Maeloch cant even move much himself for fear of death on falling.
Maeloch cant even target well from there in 1st person view.

He has not commited a bug exploit, and knowing Maeloch as well as i do (2 years now in game) and knowing him as a stand up guy i can honestly say he would not condone bug abusing in any form, let alone do it himself. He's probably tried jumping on the battlements and lagged off actually (its a pain driving with him in group, always have to go back on a "Where's Mael got to" hunt :D).

Anyway, i'm behind Mael on this 100%, not cause he's a Hib, not cause he's a mate, but cause he's done nothing wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom