Me first fight back!

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
lol frenz bastard, 300 dmg on me. Thought I had you down, untill you pressed bear form ;/ And vnv.. mate.. less healing middies plz :p Give me a chance at least :)

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Illudian said:
lol frenz bastard, 300 dmg on me. Thought I had you down, untill you pressed bear form ;/ And vnv.. mate.. less healing middies plz :p Give me a chance at least :)

Well i stopped fighting because i was being healed :twak:
but ur pet kept attacking then i saw u coming in for a final swing to take me down and i couldn't let you get away with that :cheers:

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
And vnv.. mate.. less healing middies plz :p Give me a chance at least :)

Give you a chance? lol everytime we left mpk last night we had about 6-7 nooblet albs on us, that was just to take 2 of us down, and Albs wonder why theres never anyone to fight

Nothing changes, Albs are still and will remain clueless wonders !

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Yeah no doubt, normally hit chain wearers with capped resists for around 150-180 and crit was pretty high so guess i was kinda lucky.

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
Give you a chance? lol everytime we left mpk last night we had about 6-7 nooblet albs on us, that was just to take 2 of us down, and Albs wonder why theres never anyone to fight

Nothing changes, Albs are still and will remain clueless wonders !

That bothered me also. But I was referring to when I tried to fight with Frenzy. He doesnt need it.. really :)

btw, I ran solo all day.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
That bothered me also. But I was referring to when I tried to fight with Frenzy. He doesnt need it.. really :)

btw, I ran solo all day.

aye i know u run solo

but by that time i was getting pissed off at the other clueless wonders so i thought feck it

in end they won anyways because all the mids logged

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Well I think I am allowed a 'Humiliation Post' section. After all do these guys drop their buffs to fight me ever? Eh nope.

Some Hib stealther heavies that died a death:

Bleicha

Bleicha

Killed me since - 2x so far (only just) but hell already skalped!

Oryz - hell these I hate - full slash resist on this one.

Killed me since - 1x

Oryz

But once deaded and you buffed tis all over - kinda.

I may not be playing much now and not on top form but I still packs a punch it seems.

MKJ - Thugs

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Thugs, ill try and explain this nice and easily... you talk about playing a gimp class so you have to take the advantages? no buffs tho, right..? so... when you use pots vs a player who dont, you take an advantage, right? when you loose, they then, by your definition - advantages vs advantages - you get pwned hard?

im gonna play unbuffed, no pots when cluster comes (or ill take you on hard with a shaman) on a hero.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Think yu fighting a losing battle to get me to duel m8. Hardly ever play now cept for an hour now and then late at night or something. Can't be bothered with messing about with my level 50 alts and sorting gear out. Had me tons of duels so not having another one ain't really rattling me at all.

A note on the game - Thid especially.
Game is getting worse if you ask me. Not only have you got twinked alts to deal with (very nice TOA bonuses) but RR2 ones are starting to show as well. The difference between a newcomer and one of the twinked guys is so large as to be rediculous. Mythic have f***** this game up big time! Thid ain't the playground it is supposed to be (certain people reckon it is). After all why is everyone striving to become so highly tuned if that is the case?

Levels:

New - dropped gear and no buffs.
Next stage - sc gear and no buffs
Next - sc gear/buffs
Next - sc/TOA/buffs
Next - sc/TAO/buffs/RR2

According to that I am at level 2 and taking on level 5 players!

Mention this because I had a charge hit me off Bleicha (NS). Hit me out of stealth and I never even saw her? - RR2?

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
MKJ said:
Mention this because I had a charge hit me off Bleicha (NS). Hit me out of stealth and I never even saw her? - RR2?
Not really sure what u mean here, but you don't suddenly get better stealth when ur rr2, 24 stealth is still cap for a lev 24 (regardless of RR) which u have.

If that wasn't what you were getting at then u have my apologies

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:

MoS most probably, if you get RR2 you can get MoS 3, but doubt people would go for that and instead get MoS2 (which all can get at thid cap) and then get an active RA. Now here is where things get silly for thid lvl IMO, not so much for stealthers, but in a group you can have members of a team working with SoS and charge, and that is a huge advantage.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Staffzor said:
MoS most probably, if you get RR2 you can get MoS 3, but doubt people would go for that and instead get MoS2 (which all can get at thid cap) and then get an active RA.
From the Camelotherald:
Mastery of Stealth
Modifies stealth detection and stealth movement. Camouflage counters the Mastery of Stealth bonus, allowing an archer to only be seen at the normal range. Doesn't affect detect hidden classes when they are detecting other detect hidden classes. (Meaning it has no affect on assassins detecting assassins.)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Weird. I was hit out of stealth by a charge/spell for sure. Unless casters can lay down shrooms or wotever but I had been running all over them for ages stealthed. According to the above though I should have seen her. Maybe I passed her and she picked me up? Could the charge/spell be thrown when I move out of her stealth detection though? Maybe a caster destealthed me come to think of it. Didn't seem like that though. Bang and turned around to see Bleicha. Seemed to me she then threw a number of the same type of spells during the fight too.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
From the Camelotherald:
Mastery of Stealth
Modifies stealth detection and stealth movement. Camouflage counters the Mastery of Stealth bonus, allowing an archer to only be seen at the normal range. Doesn't affect detect hidden classes when they are detecting other detect hidden classes. (Meaning it has no affect on assassins detecting assassins.)

That told me :p, and I used to play a infil to RR6 before all the end game changed so much :D.

In that case it was probably just the NS seen you for a split second (could have been down to lag or something) and used his/her insta DD on you.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Another note on your 'level' theory. In your theory all factors are considered equally important, well, they are not. I have calculated the utility of spellcraft, bot, healpots, ToA and RR2 now and I came up with these results.
Code:
[font="verdanal"][u]Spellcraft[/u]
utility  -  443.4  (100% = 1 level)
[u]Bot[/u]
utility  -  189.0  (42.63%, cumulative: 142.63)
[u]Healpots[/u]
utility  -  45.5    (10.26%, cumulative: 152.89) 
[u]ToA[/u]
utility  -  32.2    (7.26%, cumulative  : 160.15)
[u]RR2[/u]
utility  -  30.4    (6.86%, cumulative  : 167.01)

Extra information on calculations:
- 1% melee haste = 5 quickness (5*0.7 for utility values)
You don't get the evade effect, but I didn't deduct any points for that.
- 1 con= 2 hp. I calculated the utility value for hitpoints through the utility value for con.
The reason for this is that at level 24 you get less hp/con, so the utility of hp had to be adjusted.
- Healpots heal between 110 and 150 hp every minute (which means every fight).
I calculated their utility value by substituting it by 130 hp.
- To caculate the advantage of RR 2 I used aug stat 3 (+22).
I did thise because actives aren't always up and therefore the real utility value is debatable.
- I used 3 skills, 4 stats, 9 resists to calculate the utility values.
This is about the average for a tank in Thidranki.[/font]
So, you use spellcraft and healpots. This means you're level 1.1. You fight against someone with all of the above: he is level 1.67. Yes, there still is a difference, it isn't anywhere near as big as you made it seem though :). (1 to 1.5 instead of 1 to 2.5)

Blokkie, Thane

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Staffzor said:
That told me, and I used to play a infil to RR6 before all the end game changed so much.
its not just u who thought that m8, theres still loads of peeps who think the same :)

interesting work btw blokkie :clap:

p.s. if u could calculate the utility for runthrough and 1h/2h weap swapping then we'd really be getting somewhere :D

p.p.s thugs dont take this the wrong way, im meerly making an observation, using this 'level' system we should use ALL of the variables involved in the fights imo :)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure about the method of calculating you have used for the above? All I know is that when I fight someone and they are unbuffed it is like fighting a totally different player. As for heal pots they can only be used once every few minutes and it is very unlikely you will ever get the chance to use more than one. But I have fought against buffed/sc'd players that use pots as well. Also you have to stop fighting when popping a pot during which you nearly always take at least one hit (130 minus hit).

Anyways the game isn't balanced at all lets face it but the buffbots cock it all up. Haste is marvellous to have which Hibs get, and NS are already fast to begin with! Af buff off the Cleric which the Albions get, and lets face it it transforms the casters especially (Hibs don't need this as they can knock off 23% with resists at Thid level). Damage add that lifts after 10 minutes which is what us Mids get which is a total fooking waste of time. So not only are us SBs nerfed to hell and back again (and slash weak) we are also the realm with the worse buffbot.

As for run-through and weapon swapping I have shown people how to do this at speed and remain in control. Can they master them though? Nope a lot can't. Consequence of this is to make them fight worse. They have to be done correctly or they are better off left well alone.

noblok

Part of the furniture
The method I used was, apart from the part I already explained, the same as the SC calculators use. This means: 1 skill= 5 points, 1 resist=2 points, 1 stat=0.7 pts. This also corresponds to the imbue points they use. (actually stats use .75 imbue point if I'm not mistaken)

Healpots can be used every minute (60 seconds). You can most likely indeed only use 1 each fight (against paladins you might be able to get 2 though), that's why I said: 110-150 HP. This is on average 130 HP, which corresponds to +- 65 constitution (more for rogues and casters).

Buffbots do indeed turn someone into a whole different opponent, but not nearly as much as spellcraft does :). You can make up for the haste buff with alchemy haste potions as well. If I'm not mistaken they have 11% attack speed increase and the healer poa is 12%, so not that much of a difference. I'm also looking for an item with AF charges for Thidranki in Catacombs, but I haven't found one yet for Mid. (I wouldn't use the item, cba to recharge, just searching for one out of interest).

Blokkie, Thane

Dorimor1

Banned
noblok said:
I'm also looking for an item with AF charges for Thidranki in Catacombs, but I haven't found one yet for Mid. (I wouldn't use the item, cba to recharge, just searching for one out of interest).

If you go to the island with nothing on it (in Thidranki) you can sometimes find a named mob, he is right at the far corner of the island and he drops some really nice stuff with +resist on which also have AF charges and other nice things

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Dandare

Hehe :touch: .

Wot you gonna try next?

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Doh posting at same time lol
Making new weopons :twak:
You had a good night less Calsberg Export for me :drink: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom