maybee we should think about this :-)

D

DeaD GuRu

lately, ever since the news got out that housing patch would be due soon, all guild seem to have gotten into a really wicked merchant habbit.

I don't mind ppl trading nor do i mind the bidding that i see here on BW. This seems fair.
but however...

i have been confronted with:(i heard these from other ppl too, so not only my own experiences )
1 false biddings / husttling prices up in favour of an in-game "friend"
2 ppl that made a bid then did not show up for buying the stuff.
3 ppl that rip off ppl / overcharging rediculously

i know this is a game ppl but hey....

keep your descency...

ok what would i want to suggest now is the following..

this could be an idea for trade forum or something.(>>ASKING MODERATOR ASSISTANCE HERe :) )

If there is a Rare-Uncommon or weird drop,open a topic or something on a "possible" price for that item. So we could set a fixed price for that type of item.
Fixed... as in let it be known to all players that you don't pay 5 platina for a rag, that is sheer madness. (so is the madness around the keeper spot) (don't pay ppl like saxo and co 5 plat , because they pester ppl away from a mob to get it themselves.. so they gained it unfair. Not on their own time, but on other ppl's time)(based upon the way they haunted me out of the forrests.. i'll spare you details... really)

so for example:

standerd price for an Oil Rag would be like : Three platina.

Because sell price at merchants is only three gold pieces and some coinzzzz this is really mad, but ok, double that ammount from the merchants and you may get the production costs. ppl have set a price in-game...I heard it.... i adjusted. I think i started of at four plat and i was the first to sell em for three plat, that is if i didn't just give em away ;-)

why try to inform ppl on prices?

so everybody knows that this is a normal price. if a merchant wants to make more out of it , then he can post it on BW or hold an in-game auction (just pm on your /as that an item auction will be held at XX loc with chatgroup invite or something. you figure that part out, you're inventive enough ;-))

So my general suggestion would be to make some list Or something with commonly payed prices for certain items.
Since most drops are always replaced with crafted materials and these drops are pure fun drops, i don't think we should exagerate with those prices... if i hear prices like 15/20 plat for a weapon... hmmmm ain't that a bit rediculous?
or if there would be a website with these things on.. fill us in pls .. i have looked.. nothing, not one site atm with drop prices or sell prices.

it's just that i hate to see some ppl get rich on cheating others from their cash. i know i'm a hard merchant myselfe and that i have send ppl into the woods again empty handed because they didn't have the cash...; i felt sorry every time...but, they came back... with the cash ;-) worked hard for it did something for it, they got it and got their rag

I HATE DISHONESTY AND CHEATORZ

so....

let's all try to be fair and lets even poll about these things. I know this may be a wierd proposal but i think it is needed if everybody wants to be treated fair and no fuss should arise in the near future when those ppl hear they have payed 1000 gp more then they should have.

If you play this game fair... as in: if you farm and do all the things you should do in game....without third party apps, like ghostmouse etc..; earning one plat is NOT that EASY. If you are a lameass DF-trinket cheater, ok, no problem here, but look in the mirror and tell me what you achieved?? nothing but dishonesty, others may look up to you in some way. They don't know you have been fooling around with the game to be able to get something, ok :)

preacher out :)

Nasdovnje mates :)

K

kirennia

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
If you are a lameass DF-trinket cheater, ok, no problem here, but look in the mirror and tell me what you achieved?? nothing but dishonesty, others may look up to you in some way. They don't know you have been fooling around with the game to be able to get something, ok :)

The thread made sense until you said this. trinketing ISNT a bug, it's the way mythic intentionally designed it for crafters to skill up and have the option of spending many a boring hour to raise cash a quicker but tedious way.

I'm not a cheater, i'm not dishonest and resent that comment.

Rest of it sounds okay'ish but ...well ... i dunno, not sure.

T

Tharion

Because sell price at merchants is only three gold pieces and some coinzzzz this is really mad, but ok, double that ammount from the merchants and you may get the production costs. ppl have set a price in-game...I heard it.... i adjusted. I think i started of at four plat and i was the first to sell em for three plat, that is if i didn't just give em away ;-)

Hmm, I think I tried to buy 1 from you and offered 2.5 or 3 plat and you just smiled and said I can get 4plat easy on BW auction.

And I guess this thread is because of this thread:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=85841

And I say the prices are as in the real world, supply and demand.
You want something only 2-3 of 1000 players have, then you will need alot of cash for 1 of them to let it go.
I'ts just common sence mate.

And about that 15-20 plat prices being rediculous.
Just look at real life rare stuff they sell for alot of cash.
And please I know its just some pixcels and its a game :)
So is the cash in-game.

T

thorwyntf

Why on earth do we constantly tend to fix someting that isn´t broken? First Sidi lotto bonus rules, now prices for items. The economy will sort this out, all by itself.
If you want to get an idea about the price of a certain item, just browse the trading forums for half an hour and you´ll find out. And if you really want an item, you will pay a certain ammount of money, regardless if there´s a list or not.
I`m not saying that this list is a bad idea. But I really think that such a list wouldn´t have any impact whatsoever on auctions here on BW. 15p auctions will still be there, simply because some people can afford to spend enormous ammounjts of money on a drop if they want to and a list, saying that this item is actualy worth 3p instead of 15 won´t stop them from paying 15 if they want to. So what are you going to do if somebody is starting an auction on BW for an oil rag and charges 4p because somebody else made him an ingame offer of 3,9? Would you stand up, point at the pricelist and say "hey, you can´t! look here, 3p is the price!"? Hardly.
So.. my thoughts about this is, that a list like this is a nice to have thing for anybody who quickly want to look up a certain item and get an idea about the average value, but that´s about it. The list will definitely not stop all those insane 10+p auctions.

O

old.Kian

Who's dishonest? Who's cheating? Who's getting "ripped off"? It is IMPOSSIBLE for somebody with so much as half a braincell to get ripped off in this game - the wonder of the trade window is that you can examine exactly what is being offered on both sides in a trade before you accept. If the item you get isn't what was advertised or the other person makes off with your cash/goods without trading.. it can only be your own fault. If you drive a bad bargain it's nobody's fault but your own... and if you don't want to pay that much for an item, don't. It's your right not to - and it's the item's owner's right to sell his property to someone who WILL pay that much.

Asking for a system of price controls is almost as laughable as a necromancer who's complaining about the difficulty of farming cash... try picking up the loot FFS!

Oh yes, as a crafter that comment about trinket-cheaters did come across as a personal insult. Demanding price controls because you can't afford stuff and slagging off the people willing to work to make money is not going to make you any friends - except maybe among the lazy and stupid.

B

Bellona

If you dont like the price, dont buy it, and dont whine about it.

Nothing wrong in setting a high price, cause i would always value an item what it is worth for myself, so i wouldnt sell it for less if it could value my own chars more, than the money i would get.

D

DeaD GuRu

Re: Re: maybee we should think about this :)

Originally posted by kirennia
The thread made sense until you said this. trinketing ISNT a bug, it's the way mythic intentionally designed it for crafters to skill up and have the option of spending many a boring hour to raise cash a quicker but tedious way.

I'm not a cheater, i'm not dishonest and resent that comment.

Rest of it sounds okay'ish but ...well ... i dunno, not sure.

i meant trinketter that use third party apps

those are cheaters.. those have loads of cash and they do earn verry easy cash... to easy to compare with the other gamers their efford on obtaining cash

and as for farming cash.

Ppl that have got but one Account, wich still is the normal standerd in this game do not have it all that easy in levelling a character up to be able to farm. Nor is the time they play sufficient to make loads of it.

That is why we all should be reasonable. If you know ppl that have a mythril and earned it thrue trinketting.... hmmmm

T

thorwyntf

Ppl that have got but one Account, wich still is the normal standerd in this game do not have it all that easy in levelling a character up to be able to farm. Nor is the time they play sufficient to make loads of it.

Of course levelling and farming is slower when you´re soloing and only have one account. But that´s still no reason to artificially punish people who *do* have 2 accounts, enough spare time and who are paying RL money for them.

D

Draylor

Re: Re: Re: maybee we should think about this :)

Earning 1 plat is not that easy? You must be playing a different game.

And no - it doesnt need to involve DF, seals or trinketing either.

D

Draylor

Re: Re: Re: maybee we should think about this :)

i meant trinketter that use third party apps
So send some names to GOA then, and let them do something about it.

F

Flimgoblin

value of an item is based on how much people will pay for it...

if there's people you think are macroing report them to RightNow.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Of course levelling and farming is slower when you´re soloing and only have one account. But that´s still no reason to artificially punish people who *do* have 2 accounts, enough spare time and who are paying RL money for them.

i am not punishing anyone.....

I am rewarding the normal gamers.

fyi i have two account and i swim in gold... so my basic attempt here was acting UN SELFISH, offer the chance of the 2-hours-a-day playing ppl also a chance in obtaining something on their own way, if they would want it. Just beeing honest, and fair.

and as for not liking prices, whining etc.... this is not my intention, i can spend loads of cash if i wanted to. I just like to trade honestly. And with thet 2.5/3 plat oil rag deal you spoke about.... as i wrot i started of at four plat, yes... then i made it three, so all rags i farm from now on (if i will do it that it) will be three plat. And i think that still is a lot of cash 3000 gp, brrrrr

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
value of an item is based on how much people will pay for it...

if there's people you think are macroing report them to RightNow.

report? i think ppl should first off all should GROW UP. Cheating or exploiting something may seem a normal human reaction to most ppl, well, let me inform you, it is not. It is just a way of getting selfconfirmation out here, or in any type of game. If you cheat IRl, you get your teeth knocked in. In here you only get banned. You can continue your frustrating ubercheat behaviour in SWG or some other game. The only time you can say : i am the best.... is if you have done all according to the book you are playing in :)

so rr10... 50 mytril... full sets of the rarest stuff in our game here....

if you played it fair then is salute you, if you have been dueling using IRC to make appointments, or cheat using third party apps , or steal from ppl doing dishonest business....:

YOU ARE A FUCK UP

T

thorwyntf

Rewarding "normal" gamers automatically means punishing those who spend an awsome lot of time online. (That´s not me, since I`m having a job and a life and everything and can hardly play more than 1-2 hours a day).
I know what your intentions are and they´re fine and all, but you need to realise, that you can not artificially "fix" a free market by just making a price list and expect everybody to follow it. People who´re spending 8-12 hours a day in front of their machines will always have more money/levels/items/rp´s than others. And they will always be able and willing to pay a lot more for an item than someone who´s just online occasionally. There´s no way and no need to equalise this and trying to do so just wouldn´t be fair.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Rewarding "normal" gamers automatically means punishing those who spend an awsome lot of time online. (That´s not me, since I`m having a job and a life and everything and can hardly play more than 1-2 hours a day).
I know what your intentions are and they´re fine and all, but you need to realise, that you can not artificially "fix" a free market by just making a price list and expect everybody to follow it. People who´re spending 8-12 hours a day in front of their machines will always have more money/levels/items/rp´s than others. And they will always be able and willing to pay a lot more for an item than someone who´s just online occasionally. There´s no way and no need to equalise this and trying to do so just wouldn´t be fair.

spending loads of time: your own choise
spending normal ammount of time : IRL means something too you :)

F

Flimgoblin

report? i think ppl should first off all should GROW UP. Cheating or exploiting something may seem a normal human reaction to most ppl, well, let me inform you, it is not. It is just a way of getting selfconfirmation out here, or in any type of game. If you cheat IRl, you get your teeth knocked in. In here you only get banned. You can continue your frustrating ubercheat behaviour in SWG or some other game. The only time you can say : i am the best.... is if you have done all according to the book you are playing in :)

if you played it fair then is salute you, if you have been dueling using IRC to make appointments, or cheat using third party apps , or steal from ppl doing dishonest business....:

YOU ARE A FUCK UP

I'm trying to work out why you bothered quoting my response in that....

Unless you're trying to say I've been cheating and powerlevelling all my characters to 50, duping lots of plat and running around in RvR using radar to harvest RPs.

Funny thought.

Now if you weren't aiming that at me - learn some netiquette.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
I'm trying to work out why you bothered quoting my response in that....

Unless you're trying to say I've been cheating and powerlevelling all my characters to 50, duping lots of plat and running around in RvR using radar to harvest RPs.

Funny thought.

Now if you weren't aiming that at me - learn some netiquette.

NOOOO not accusing , really

since your replying :) just throw it all on here :)

i don't even recall you or any other character :) tbh

just a discussion thread, if ppl feel offended :) then they must have something up their sleeve or .....

Q

quinthar

Edited -----

Fixed... as in let it be known to all players that you don't pay 5 platina for a rag, that is sheer madness. (so is the madness around the keeper spot) (don't pay ppl like saxo and co 5 plat , because they pester ppl away from a mob to get it themselves.. so they gained it unfair. Not on their own time, but on other ppl's time)(based upon the way they haunted me out of the forrests.. i'll spare you details... really)

so for example:

why try to inform ppl on prices?

Nasdovnje mates :)

Ummmm this is interesting, you call crafters cheats for using a recognised mechanism to lvl up and get cash, you you are trying to price fix, you claim others hustle people away from the rare drop areas.

Let me address some points.

1. It aint cheating its a recognised and sanctioned mechanism for crafters by buying armour to salvage etc then trinket.
2. Oil rags are worth exactly nothing 6gold and some copper, thats how much the game deems they are worth. people dont bother getting it themselves because its constantly camped by people trying to drive their own market.
3. I have seen you attack a mob that somebody waited 45mins for, you are renowned for "camping" the keeper, I have spoken to many people that cba going there because there is some necro that continually camps it to get the drops to rip people off, those people cant get those mobs becasue you constantly camp them.

So its a double edged sword, people cant get the items themselves because some people just camp them 24/7, therefore many come to the forums to get items they simply are not given the chance to get themselves.

So there ya have it, your upset because poeple often dont turn up at places to buy your goods, or people artificially raise the cost of items.

Frankly if people want to waste their time camping mobs so they can get shed loadsa cash carry right on, I presonally prefer to play my various chars in daoc and not monopoly.

O

old.Ramas

Most of the economic problems in this game boil down to not enough capitalistic thinking, rather than too much.

The more trading we do, the more the wealth moves around.

The more DF mining goes on, the more cash enters circulation which eventually finds it's way to NPC merchants which add items to the asset wealth of albion.

The reason some people are very rich and others very poor is that trading unwanted (but sometimes rare) items like sidi gear and respec stones is looked down upon by others.

Fixed pricing creates incentives for people to hunt for items that are easy to find, rather than ones which people actually want to use.

It also reduces the incentive to mine DF which is one of the most effective ways to increase the 'GDP' of Albion.

Every time someone mines DF they inflate the economy and push up the value of random drops from Sidi/dragon/tower keeper etc, once this happens it becomes easier for everyone to sell items to raise money for houses and crafted gear (as they do have fixed cost).

Trading is part of the game. In fact it's probably the single most significant aspect that makes massively multiplayer games different from ordinarily multiplayer games.

The fact that someone can earn a sidi hauberk *either* by sidi raids, or by DF mining, or by goblin massacre, or by bartering respec stones, is a GOOD THING.

That said, if someone wants to post their views on how much specific items are 'worth' then they are of course entirely welcome to do so, if it's helpful to newbies, then great. It's up the community as a whole to judge whether those prices are reasonable (and I am happy to say I don't for one second believe everyone will agree - which is an entirely correct and proper state of affairs in any functioning community). I'd also say however, that I for one would consider anyone flaming someone else for selling items at 'incorrect' prices to be either a fool or a knave. Probably both.

earning one plat is NOT that EASY.

Actually, it is. Get a group from your guild together and there are any number of places (aside from the obvious ones in DF) that you can collect a plat in a couple of hours tops without having to be espeicially smart.

You yourself pointed out that many radom SI drops sell for multiple plat to other players. Find yourself a couple of those, sell them, then you have the capital to go buy the items you want.

If you really are having trouble earning plat, talk to your guild about what you are doing wrong.

Q

quinthar

YOU ARE A FUCK UP

Ah this is more like it, somebody said an item is worth what somebody will pay for it, and if you think people cheat report them and you retort with this diatribe.

D

DeaD GuRu

LAST TIME

TRINKETTING ON ITSELF IS NOT CHEATING

USING APPS TO MAKE TRINKET EASY IS

ghostmouse, mouse repetetive clicking every other X seconds, is CHEATING

T

thorwyntf

Most of the economic problems in this game boil down to not enough capitalistic thinking, rather than too much.

[snip]

I'd also say however, that I for one would consider anyone flaming someone else for selling items at 'incorrect' prices to be either a fool or a knave. Probably both.

Exactly!

Two thumbs up.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by old.Ramas

yeah, let's create poverty in here, ppl that can't do anything because they haven't got all time. Ppl that love to play solo or small groups.. get rid of the poor :)

The more trading we do, the more the wealth moves around.

The more DF mining goes on, the more cash enters circulation which eventually finds it's way to NPC merchants which add items to the asset wealth of albion.

The reason some people are very rich and others very poor is that trading unwanted (but sometimes rare) items like sidi gear and respec stones is looked down upon by others.

Fixed pricing creates incentives for people to hunt for items that are easy to find, rather than ones which people actually want to use.

It also reduces the incentive to mine DF which is one of the most effective ways to increase the 'GDP' of Albion.

Every time someone mines DF they inflate the economy and push up the value of random drops from Sidi/dragon/tower keeper etc, once this happens it becomes easier for everyone to sell items to raise money for houses and crafted gear (as they do have fixed cost).

Trading is part of the game. In fact it's probably the single most significant aspect that makes massively multiplayer games different from ordinarily multiplayer games.

The fact that someone can earn a sidi hauberk *either* by sidi raids, or by DF mining, or by goblin massacre, or by bartering respec stones, is a GOOD THING.

That said, if someone wants to post their views on how much specific items are 'worth' then they are of course entirely welcome to do so, if it's helpful to newbies, then great. It's up the community as a whole to judge whether those prices are reasonable (and I am happy to say I don't for one second believe everyone will agree - which is an entirely correct and proper state of affairs in any functioning community). I'd also say however, that I for one would consider anyone flaming someone else for selling items at 'incorrect' prices to be either a fool or a knave. Probably both.[/B]

i do get your point :) DF seems to rule, ok, i hate that place.. i wonder how many ppl are actually trinketting by repressing that button for 700 times? or even more?
So Albs wealth is determinded by the frequency of DF farming, ok, so all depends on our rvr activeties...
Seals are farmed: Stuff bought at merchants in DF: salvaged: hinged : sold to merchants: end result cash. With this cash ppl buy stuff. This is the way DF'ers do it , ain't it?

Actually, it is. Get a group from your guild together and there are any number of places (aside from the obvious ones in DF) that you can collect a plat in a couple of hours tops without having to be espeicially smart.

You yourself pointed out that many radom SI drops sell for multiple plat to other players. Find yourself a couple of those, sell them, then you have the capital to go buy the items you want.

If you really are having trouble earning plat, talk to your guild about what you are doing wrong. [/B]

hmmm, i know my way around pve a bit and to be honest, earning a plat ain't that easy. If you play this game for a couple of hours a week, or day, it ain't that fast. If you have to be provided with cash from a guild, i personally would feel like a beggar. Beeing unable to do it myselfe. DF is way overcamped , the camping syndrome hits that place even more then other spots on the main land or SI.
When i look at the way things go, ppl charge to fronteer go claim keeps then get one more, then ALL charge in DF leaving most of the keeps to sit there, then 10/20 minutes later Mids reenter Df, albs get zerged the same way.. hmm, not a verry consistent way of earning cah to my thinking.

Still...

i wanted to have Prices on Sales fixed in some way...

an example :

0-200 gp for common drops
200-500 uncommon drops
500- 4 plat tops rare drops....>>with the option to auction the stuff so prices can augment rapidly that way....

just to give the ppl that have one character, play to have fun and want something more then they have at this present moment, a fair chance in obtaining something.

B

Bellona

I would never follow a price scale like that.

and fyi you can only have max 255p on a char.. unless its been changed in some patch and i missed it.

but putting a top price on the most rare stuff (sidi etc) is stupid..

and your excuse with people no being able to get money, its their own fault, i will not suffer because i use more time making money than others do.
With one account i have earned enough so supply 3 lvl 50s with sc'ed mp armor/weapon, and roll lgm sc/wc.
and thats only because i worked hard for it, and spend endless hours crafting/hinging.

those that work hard will get rich.

and people with excuses like "I cant farm with a armsman" thats true. but then roll another class (f.ex. necro) if you want money :D

O

old.Ramas

yeah, let's create poverty in here, ppl that can't do anything because they haven't got all time. Ppl that love to play solo or small groups.. get rid of the poor :)

What poor?

I'm poor. My characters have about 500 gold between them. But if I want to earn money to acquire an item nothing stops me doing it.

DAOC does not include socio-economic complexities which prevent 'poor' people owning assets or procuring the education and skills necessary to use assets to make money.

In DAOC you do not have kids to feed.

In DAOC no-one was ever refused a mortgage or failed the exam to get into Wizard school.

In DAOC almost no item is anything other than a luxury, and unless you are aiming to be leet in RvR, epic armour plus a RoG, quest, or easy drop weapon will cover your essentials. If you want to be better than that you need to contribute to the alb economy exactly as whomever camped sidi/DF/dragon etc did to make the item drop in the first place, and you need to contribute enough to make whomever got the drop feel it was worth them playing for the item in the first place.

If the prices are too high more people will raid for that item and the price will fall.

If the prices are fixed low less people will raid for the item and ALbion will be worse off.

If you play this game for a couple of hours a week, or day, it ain't that fast. If you have to be provided with cash from a guild, i personally would feel like a beggar.

It's as fast as it is for those who play the game more often, though obviously you progress slower in RL elapsed time, but this is not surprising, and is very similar to the way you level.

As for the guild thing - you don't need to beg from guildmates, you ask guild mates to help you on a raid, you find others who have the same aims, then when your guild mates need help achieving something some other time, you help them for a while in return.

i wanted to have Prices on Sales fixed in some way...
an example :
0-200 gp for common drops
200-500 uncommon drops
500- 4 plat tops rare drops....>>with the option to auction the stuff so prices can augment rapidly that way

If that is what you believe they are worth then fine, don't pay any greater amount or sell similar items for any more. /shrug

Obviously, however, it would be inappropriate for you to judge anyone who sells items for greater amounts.

And please don't believe you are helping Albion by sticking to this list any more than someone who sells/buys them at lower/higher prices is helping Albion.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Bellona
I would never follow a price scale like that.

and fyi you can only have max 255p on a char.. unless its been changed in some patch and i missed it.

but putting a top price on the most rare stuff (sidi etc) is stupid..

and your excuse with people no being able to get money, its their own fault, i will not suffer because i use more time making money than others do.
With one account i have earned enough so supply 3 lvl 50s with sc'ed mp armor/weapon, and roll lgm sc/wc.
and thats only because i worked hard for it, and spend endless hours crafting/hinging.

those that work hard will get rich.

and people with excuses like "I cant farm with a armsman" thats true. but then roll another class (f.ex. necro) if you want money :D

hehe, i'm not asking to follow :) make a better one :)

and pls don't tell ppl they Should make another character, some ppl are happy with one and want the same things. Since all are equal . Not all are as competent. Working hard , that is nice :) i love that sound. I didn't offend you i hope :)
Anyway, working hard isn't a possibility all gamers have. Different IRl reasons :)

F

Fagane

If I see a sale for a rip-off price I just post the real price below it.

If I see a person actualy trying to rip somebody off (no mistake) I just make a nasty post below it.

Thinks that frauds use as excuse like "stock & demand" do not say anything to me.

Fagane

S

sigh

You where always at the keeper 24/7 / 7 times aweek.
you are in a postion to set the price on rags, advertise selling at 3 plat, and then no one will hopefully pay more, you have the monoploy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom