Maxine Carr

SparKeh

Fledgling Freddie
Maxine Carr could be free within days, after the Prison Service confirmed she has been recommended for electronic tagging by Holloway Prison's governor.

I personally think its a disgrace.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I'd be more concerned about this guy, now he's out of jail and after his old job back.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think its a disgrace. Sounds to me like she made a mistake, through misguided loyalty. How many of us, confronted with only the possibility that a close family member had committed some heinous crime, would shop them? She loved Huntley, and believed him.

In the interviews, she totally and utterly broke down when it was proven that Huntley killed those girls. With the benefit of hindsight, its easy to blame her.

She made a mistake. She's paid for it. Let her have a normal life.

Gray

FH is my second home
Im unsure if anyone can have a "normal" life who was involved in that tragedy down in Soham...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Thats the thing will she ever be able to live a normal life. There are always going to be people who will hassle her...even if she finishes her time in jail.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I don't think its a disgrace. Sounds to me like she made a mistake, through misguided loyalty. How many of us, confronted with only the possibility that a close family member had committed some heinous crime, would shop them? She loved Huntley, and believed him.

In the interviews, she totally and utterly broke down when it was proven that Huntley killed those girls. With the benefit of hindsight, its easy to blame her.

She made a mistake. She's paid for it. Let her have a normal life.

Nice sentiment. Bugger all chance. :/

xane

Fledgling Freddie
SparKeh said:
I personally think its a disgrace.

The disgrace is how the popular media demonised her to the extent of comparison with Myra Hindley and how fools clearly don't regard her case on its merits.

The fact is she is no danger to the public (the reverse is probably more true) and she's pretty much fucked up for the rest of her life, what more punishment is there ?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
But she doesn't deserve punishment.

She deserves gunishment

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
If I knew what that meant I might be able to formulate an opinion.

For the record, I think she has been demonised far too much. I think she's been extremely gullible and very naive, but I don't think she's a bad sort. Doesn't bother me that she's due for release and in a way I feel quite sorry for her.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I take it you didn't see the brass eye special then.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'll go on the record and say the following:

I agree with everything Tom has said. This has scarred me to my inner soul. But the man speaks the truth here. Misguided loyalty was all it was.

p.s.

Joe Jackson is 80s pop god.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
This is why I think that removing public juries wouldn't be such a bad idea.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
We dont, and wont ever really know, but Im inclined on this occasion to agree with Tom.
The bloke on the other hand, should have been hanged.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
throdgrain said:
We dont, and wont ever really know, but Im inclined on this occasion to agree with Tom.
The bloke on the other hand, should have been hanged.

[aside] Did you see that thing on the telly about that bloke who killed his missus and little girls and jumped off the Humber bridge the other day? Happened in the same tiny village where Huntley went to school - strange but true. My brother went to the same school (that's how I know Huntley went there - Journos were contactingeveryone on Freindsreunited to see if they knew him). [/aside].

SparKeh

Fledgling Freddie
She covered up for huntley! Surely thats a bit suspicious. She was his alibi until they found out she was in grimsby or something. I think when she said that she only said she was with him because of the past rape accusation’s against huntley shows that yes she did love him and want to protect him, but she also knew about his past and something similar like this had happened before and huntley was linked to that crime too.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Someone who lies to protect a murderer does not deserve their freedom.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
DaGaffer said:
[aside] Did you see that thing on the telly about that bloke who killed his missus and little girls and jumped off the Humber bridge the other day? Happened in the same tiny village where Huntley went to school - strange but true. My brother went to the same school (that's how I know Huntley went there - Journos were contactingeveryone on Freindsreunited to see if they knew him). [/aside].

Yus. Healing Comprehensive School? I went there aswell, and no I'm not a some sort of crazy loon :D

Was a real shame, it is however a small consolation that the youngest child survived :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Dillinja said:

For how long ? A month ? A year ? 10 years ? The rest of their life?

This woman was not even in the same county when the crime happened, let alone the same town. She was , to me anyway, dominated by Huntley, quite possibly scared of him, and very likely she blocked the truth from her own mind.
She made a terrible mistake, and she's paying for it. But please dont put her in the same boat as Myra Hyndly etc, as I really dont think thats fair.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Was she under oath at a trial?

Stupid, gullible, naive or not - if she lied under oath she deserves a couple of years.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I think she got three years. She didnt lie under oath, but provided an alibi for for boyfriend who did the most terrible crime. She was however no where near at the time and couldnt have known 100% that he did do the crime, not immediately anyway (imo)
However, you generally do half to 2/3rds of a sentence here, and shes done 18 months or so.
I appreciate its a very emotive subject by the way, and Im not making light of it, I just think the media coverage of this womans case beggers belief.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
For once i cannot really say i have much to say on it...

I just think time will tell if its wise to release her.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Uhm.. wanted to get more info on the whole case - and that's what zerGoogle came up with first.

Nice...

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Holy shit thats mental.

Im gonna be nice to everyone for the rest of my life.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:

I don't know how I would react if someone in my family had killed someone, I'm sure there are quite a few psychological stages people go through when in that kind of shock.
Is she a danger to the public? I don't think so. If it's punishment you want, then I think that having her life completely fucked serves that purpose to be honest.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Sick said:
Uhm.. wanted to get more info on the whole case - and that's what zerGoogle came up with first.

Nice...

Deathlist? That's sick :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cdr said:
Yus. Healing Comprehensive School? I went there aswell, and no I'm not a some sort of crazy loon :D

Was a real shame, it is however a small consolation that the youngest child survived :(

Yeah, my brother went there and then Whitgift for the sixth form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom