Maxine Carr

rynnor

Rockhound
Shes dead ugly though - ugly people who commit crimes should be sterilised for the general good.

Good looking lasses who commit crimes can be released early if they agree to be fitted with a webcam :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
On a complete off topic note, I read in the newpaper today that inmates must be addressed by their first name or as Mr. by the guards, because they felt that they weren't being shown the proper respect in being addressed solely by their surnames, and some authority agreed based on the code of conduct for the guards.

I ask, what the fuck respect do murderers, thieves and rapists deserve? It's a fucking prison not a holiday camp. Next they'll be wanting breakfast in bed and trips to the opera, all at public expense.

Oh, but for Maxine Carr being convicted and whatnot, the jury had access to, and mulled over evidence that isn't publicy available, they made a decision based on that evidence and it should be upheld for longer than the 6(?) weeks that she served.

And how the heck did this post appear in another thread when i clicked reply to this one? oO

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Someone who lies to protect a murderer does not deserve their freedom.

Even when they are unaware that the person they are protecting is a murderer.

Remember Huntley was a master of the art of deception, he got himself that job in the school even with his dodgy past, he evaded the police and the school checks, he kept everyone guessing. Carr was weak and gullible and believed Huntley, she probably didn't know all of his past. The police had to convince her of Huntley's crime before she broke, she didn't cover for him then.

Myra Hindley aided and abetted in the abduction, torture and murder of several children, fully aware of what Ian Brady was doing, her case is so totally different it is a crime itself to compare.

Tagging is not "freedom", your movements are very restricted, and it's a lot cheaper than locking someone up, and it is clear she is absolutely no danger to the public.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This whole issue wouldn't even be an issue (lost for words there), if Maxine Carr was perhaps a bit more informed as to general opinion about the case. I read an interesting article today in the Independant, to cut a long story short, the prison warders say that she is 'as thick as two short planks'. Her mail is filtered, so she only receives the encouraging items, and not the hate-mail.

It concluded by saying that if she had any idea of the level of unrest about her bid for freedom (most of that unrest being from tabloid-reading morons), she would perhaps not be so keen to be released. She would have been much better off waiting until she was eligible for full parole, something that would still be reported upon, but perhaps not so vehemently.

Dillinja, its statements like your own that help define 'lowest common denominator'.

Oh Leggy, don't worry, I'll say something stupid soon that you can thwack me with :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, now she is out/about to be out, what do you guys think?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
threaddead.gif

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Barney!!!

edit - I haven't changed my opinion from when this was first posted btw, only daily mail readers will disagree with a release based on a need for "punishment".

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
The tabloid media in this country has given me a predictable ability to feel sorry for people people like Carr. I have serious doubts as to whether the 'mob public' at large actually know what her crime was. The newspaper treatment would have you believe that she was just as involved. People running around shouting "disgrace!" have been grossly misinformed. Xane and Tom win in this one, so I don't need say any more.

... other than I'd seriously advise her to emigrate somewhere quiet and start again cause she's got sod all chance of that over here any more.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
All tabloids do is make me appreciate how much nicer anonimity is. Why people want fame is beyond me, though in her case its really unjustified infamy.

And the fact that she was up for lying on her job application, wtf is that all about? Seems once you are a figure of hate they really want to destroy you. Doesnt sound very civilised. In fact I look around these days and think we are incredibly uncivilised and unsophisticated in our treatment of people in these predicaments.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I reckon they should chemically castrate her like they do in Sweden !!!!1

Anyone fancy joining my mob and burning a car or two ?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
xane said:
I'd be more concerned about this guy, now he's out of jail and after his old job back.

I've met him on a few occasions recently and he really does seem a changed man. Nice guy to chat to too.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
I think the thing that pisses me off totally an utterly about this is that the tax payer will be left to pick up the cost (estimated at £1 million) for her new identity.

fuck right off.

Convicts, mass murderers etc seem to have more rights than us - and thats after they have been convicted.

There is a big hoora on up here in Scotland where those fucking rightous bigots are demanding an end to slopping out in Scottish jails (5 jails in total) because they are degrading to the prisoners.

to me, that is totally pathetic.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
What a fucking witch hunt this thread is. (with some noteable exceptions)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
She has been found guilty, sentenced and served jail time.

The women now should be able to live the rest of her life without being subjected to physical/verbal abuse.

If you cant rely on the courts decision to issue justice then you'll just end up living in an anarchy...where people start dishing out their own "justice"

And we dont want that!

Vae

Resident Freddy
yaruar said:
I've met him on a few occasions recently and he really does seem a changed man. Nice guy to chat to too.

Aitken used to be my MP and was pretty popular as he used to actually do a fair amount for the local community which is more than you can say for the current Labour MP there who is practically on the payroll of the largest local employer Pfizers and seems to spend all his time in London or arranging things to the advantage of the aforementioned employer.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
dysfunction said:
She has been found guilty, sentenced and served jail time.

The women now should be able to live the rest of her life without being subjected to physical/verbal abuse.

If you cant rely on the courts decision to issue justice then you'll just end up living in an anarchy...where people start dishing out their own "justice"

And we dont want that!
Here, here,

Also if you don't give people a chance to 'turn over a new leaf' what's their incentive to do it, if they're gonna be hated anyway?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Just a little update.

Guardian

Now this isn't suprising BUT I'm kinda wondering about the press 'appealing against the ruling'. What morally upstanding reason can they give for publishing her details. Any one with a working brain cell can tell if someone notices her there's going to be angry retards with signs outside her door and worse.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Because the media think they can do whatever they fell like regardless of what happens afterwards

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
dysfunction said:
Because the media think they can do whatever they fell like regardless of what happens afterwards

They can, and will already have made more money from sales than they will get fined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom