Maulers in solo rvr

Sorin

Banned
Not sure what iirc realy means so i googled it, and i ended up with "If i realy cared". but that dont make any sense :(

Someone should make a "Sticky" thread with all the in/out game
short-term words.

I don't even know all of them myself, but those i can remember is:

AFK : Away From Keyboard
FFS : For Fugde Sake
PWN : Owned
AFAIK : As far as I know
FTW : For The Win
IIRC : If I remember correctly
ANFSCD : And Now For Something Completely Different
ASAP : As soon as possible
BRT : Be Right There
ATM : At the moment
BRB : Be Right Back
GTG : Got To Go
IRL : In real life
IRC : Internet Relay Chat.

Let The Slang lose!!!

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Meet Elcains Cow + some other milk cow :) on my cleric. None of them scratch me. But with decent rr they will be alot thougher.

Rox fight Thaugor we had. Saw you blew all your toys and so did i :) nice 5 min fight.

Skalds, Vw, Wardens, Thanes are my toughest opponets on paper. Apart from a certain elf ns that rapes me on occasions (./hug deception)

Fear my inc cow :)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Killed one pretty easy on my necro in a /bow to each other first fight, admitedly she wasnt properly kitted and only rr2, tho for a necro theyre really not that hard when ure buffed :) think i won on about 70% , had i met her at full power it mightve been a lot closer, all i can say is thank god they have no ranged attacks :p , and next patch with the necro love it shuld be a little nicer too.
aye lt caster with insta LT and QC stand a good chance against a mauler tbh
As for my vamp... we'll see at 50, people say maulers kill vamps quite easy but i reckon itll be down to who was powered up b4hand, cant see mauler hoT keepin up with a full power vamp onslaught, on the other hand, both go in with no power and the mauler will more likely win prolly.. well see :)
maulers are at full power with in 3/4 hits hit evade buff and pbt and vamp is soon oop so cant claw spam and with out claw spam vamps aren't hard

Zekov

Fledgling Freddie
Meet Elcains Cow + some other milk cow on my cleric. None of them scratch me.

Ure a strong cleric :p hard to even get close with stun then smite...
Maulers are only OP'd in 1vs1 with tanks (but not all tanks)
If a good caster comes along a mauler will go down very quickly with no interupts....

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok, the first few maulers have arrived in rvr (not counting roglords on stick with their fg rp farming in laby).
more like the solo ones like Elcamoo. so far I've killed him once and he killed me 3 times out of 4 duels (i did kick some other random's ass since he dint use any spells or anything, probably PLed :p).
But - seeing myself as a non mauler (ok im a cow, but it still dont count :p) i belive rvr (melee wise) will probably get worse, now i still got a "slight" chance to win. but when these get purge2 im gone for. (well im not pure pole, so i got slam). there is no way i can counter em (at least not on current RR). what were mythic thinking when they made this class? the final nail in the coffin for solo melee rvr? i doubt any mauler with purge2 can loose to any melee class if templated. its just...so wrong :(

Yes, i got killed. lots. by maulers (and a irritating vw who kept spamming frontstyle and back of to lifetap me as soon as he were belov 50% :<). just hope i can meet something else then maulers in rvr. the only good thing is that most of them are still low RR, when these hit rr5+ i could just aswell sit down and die. alittle passive RA's and IP +twf = dead :<

phew, good to get that off my chest.

oh and yo no hablar inglés :twak:

roll an archer and camp towers then :p

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
roll an archer and camp towers then :p

Got a hunter, he is gimp, got a ranger - he is even worse. but actually i am considering rolling a scout, just so i have em all :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Got a hunter, he is gimp, got a ranger - he is even worse. but actually i am considering rolling a scout, just so i have em all :p

Might be wise, given that rangers and hunters aint gonna be so OP after the new coding, and at least you get ahead of yourself before they implement the changes and thus make it easier to solo pve ur way to 50 etc. Really don't agree with the height+clip range nerf that all archers are gonna get tho and the rest of it looks crap. But still at least you can afk rvr with no real sense of urgency with this class and it doesn't matter if you idle or not too much after rr5 :)

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
are you sure? i made tests with the best vamp HoT 2-3 patches ago, and only duration affected it (more ticks etc), where buffbonus and healbonus did squat..

yes im sure. spell duration is ofc good, which will grant you extra "free" ticks..

atos

Fledgling Freddie
No issues what-so-ever with maulers. although I hit a rr10 merc for 670+ today uncritted while I hit a rr4 sorc for 400. :< Something is wrong with this game.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Apart from a certain elf ns that rapes me on occasions (./hug deception)
Fear my inc cow :)

Hehe ... i only jump you as i knew you blew all 5 minutes before hand owning me ... for the 2nd time that day :eek:

After i killed you i scrolled up and was like ...

900 pa ...
500 cd ...
400 ss ...
and
600+ Pincer ...

That shits gotta sting :D

islef

Loyal Freddie
(i know you dont want avalon stories here but find a little relevant anway)
Met quite a few maulers on my bm, highest being rr6. lost to a rr2 won against a rr6. This was on my rr8l9 BM, imo it is a stupidly
OP class 1 on 1 if the player behind the screen knows how to utilize the abilties of the class.(my bm is grp specced RA wise so that also have a big say)
I have never checked a chr builder but this is how i see them atm.. quite massive dmg on front chain from FW maulers, a stun that seem quite easy to land, end drain hots IP twf fumble pbt... have fun fighting valks armsmen and wardens...
Not rly gonna pick fights with the class if i can avoid it.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
What is fun is to watch 2 mauler clash together, and neither of them are able to kill each other within 30 secs. then you got a fun fight going on :p

islef

Loyal Freddie
about as fun as watching a valk fighting a pally? 2 mins both 90% 5 mins 88% 15 mins 92%...ZZZzzzzZZZZ pretty fed up with hots atm :)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
(i know you dont want avalon stories here but find a little relevant anway)
Met quite a few maulers on my bm, highest being rr6. lost to a rr2 won against a rr6. This was on my rr8l9 BM, imo it is a stupidly
OP class 1 on 1 if the player behind the screen knows how to utilize the abilties of the class.(my bm is grp specced RA wise so that also have a big say)
I have never checked a chr builder but this is how i see them atm.. quite massive dmg on front chain from FW maulers, a stun that seem quite easy to land, end drain hots IP twf fumble pbt... have fun fighting valks armsmen and wardens...
Not rly gonna pick fights with the class if i can avoid it.

chance are the rr2 was some who hasnt been rp Power leveled i know i have had some fun fights going from rr1l0 to rr3l0 so far best one so far was reign he jumpped me when i had 2oj and 1yellow minotaurs on me jumpped me poison on me used warlord cure hit him a few times he hit vanish when he was about 30% i finished on the mobs on the last one he came back in on 70% health got the stun on me i purged and carried on to kill him will be in my mauler video when it comes out, (just need some more 1v1 fights as i never hit the fraps button when i get 2+ on me might start though as im starting to be able to haddle them both if both mellee its game over if theres a caster in there though and i have capped resists)

i fought a rr3 mauler at rr1 and beat it easy (play my mualer on killbury to rr5) think the rr3 mauler had been ld to 50 then been getting rp pled, i msure poeple think you can just bash buttons with a mauler lol if you expect to be good learn to play the class rather than get PLed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom