Maulers in solo rvr

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, the first few maulers have arrived in rvr (not counting roglords on stick with their fg rp farming in laby).
more like the solo ones like Elcamoo. so far I've killed him once and he killed me 3 times out of 4 duels (i did kick some other random's ass since he dint use any spells or anything, probably PLed :p).
But - seeing myself as a non mauler (ok im a cow, but it still dont count :p) i belive rvr (melee wise) will probably get worse, now i still got a "slight" chance to win. but when these get purge2 im gone for. (well im not pure pole, so i got slam). there is no way i can counter em (at least not on current RR). what were mythic thinking when they made this class? the final nail in the coffin for solo melee rvr? i doubt any mauler with purge2 can loose to any melee class if templated. its just...so wrong :(

Yes, i got killed. lots. by maulers (and a irritating vw who kept spamming frontstyle and back of to lifetap me as soon as he were belov 50% :<). just hope i can meet something else then maulers in rvr. the only good thing is that most of them are still low RR, when these hit rr5+ i could just aswell sit down and die. alittle passive RA's and IP +twf = dead :<

phew, good to get that off my chest.

oh and yo no hablar inglés :twak:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
chances are you probbly killed my mauler warkmoo. Currently my only really 1 vs 1 encounters was a rr8 infiltrator (dies before i could even cast a spell) and horner and his biatch bot.

Still need a wee bit of spellcrafting but tbh i think ive been going up against the wrong targets.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Maulers are a weak class for hard mode players who want to extend their fine skills in the league of being remebered as a 1 vs 1 RvR-God.

/salute to all fine Maulers.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Havent actually seen any solo ones out yet sadly, just the aforementioned rog-lords on stick. I was looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about.

shermi

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, i got killed. lots. by maulers (and a irritating vw who kept spamming frontstyle and back of to lifetap me as soon as he were belov 50% :<).

oh and yo no hablar inglés :twak:

For the win :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I tried to duel a rr1 one without PA on inf, I died when mauler was on 5-10%..
that's with lifebane with viper2 and dotmine.. pretty sick..

just noted to myself that I need to PA next time, but when they get higher RR and get purge and ip it will be nearly impossible...

Oh and Firbi, you were so unlucky yesterday near Crau :) Should've killed me tbh.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Fought some 3-4 fights with maulers. Yet to lose or blow IP... After some raise RR i bet i am gonna need that IP.

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
i've yet to run into a solo mid/alb mauler , but then again yesterday was first time i ran out solo on my bm :p (Hydron , u hit waaaaaaaaaaay too hard xDD)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Nuxtobatns said:
Fought some 3-4 fights with maulers. Yet to lose or blow IP... After some raise RR i bet i am gonna need that IP.

well slam+nuke,nuke,nuke+cb+grapple+nuke+nuke+nuke+nuke+nuke do kill most stuff -.-

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
this theard remind any of all the post about vamps when they came out ?
not most peeps have learnt how kill vamps the same will happen with maulers it has on the usa hence why there anit many running about on killbury

if any albs want some tips on how to beat them just pm me in game

oh and as for soloing have only been running with "Maulor" bar when doing champ quest but i didn't kill any body when doing those. have dinged rr2l5 on it and have lost to caster duo's etc the toon is still clean on the adding stake's

have noticed something quite odd in labby a staff mauler with a di bot on stick buff shearing (they both still died)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to duel a rr1 one without PA on inf, I died when mauler was on 5-10%..
that's with lifebane with viper2 and dotmine.. pretty sick..

use disease to weaken hot and stop regen.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
use disease to weaken hot...
Wrong! HoT is not a heal. HoT is a buff, and is therefor not effected by disease (same goes for Valkyries and other HoT classes). To increase HoT hp, you have to add +buff bonus, not +heal bonus.

Haldar said:
... and stop regen.
This is howevery true. The frig is not a incombat heal, and will therefor be useless if diseased.

Altho, it's the HoT that give back most of the Hits in a fights (90% or so). So diseasing a mauler will not help you remarkable, more then for kiting away from them. :)

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
ive killed every cow in my way but no mauler yet.. :/ givf alb/mid mauler please

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
ive killed every cow in my way but no mauler yet.. :/ givf alb/mid mauler please

Patch notes 1.87:

- Maulers now recieve ability Avoidance of Gimps: Racial treat wich avoids all gimp enchanters that try to enlarge theyr epeens on forums

ahah sorry just couldnt resist it :p

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Patch notes 1.87:

- Maulers now recieve ability Avoidance of Gimps: Racial treat wich avoids all gimp enchanters that try to enlarge theyr epeens on forums

ahah sorry just couldnt resist it :p

chanter is sertain that i beat all opponent cows.
Was talking about ns :D

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if your struggling to kill something in melee with an armsman you must have some issues. iirc

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Aye... Maulers are tough... especially when you have no stun... I think I have about 50/50 vs maulers atm... and that's including em all... (top one being rr3!! - :s)

But hey... can just avoid em if I dont wanna fight em...

Cheers,
Thargur

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Tough young Skald ya got their Goree ;)

Keep it up , need more people like you out there in nf :D

Davejohnson

Banned
Wrong! HoT is not a heal. HoT is a buff, and is therefor not effected by disease (same goes for Valkyries and other HoT classes). To increase HoT hp, you have to add +buff bonus, not +heal bonus.

are you sure? i made tests with the best vamp HoT 2-3 patches ago, and only duration affected it (more ticks etc), where buffbonus and healbonus did squat..

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
May I kindly point to the iirc ? =)

Not sure what iirc realy means so i googled it, and i ended up with "If i realy cared". but that dont make any sense :(

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Killed one pretty easy on my necro in a /bow to each other first fight, admitedly she wasnt properly kitted and only rr2, tho for a necro theyre really not that hard when ure buffed :) think i won on about 70% , had i met her at full power it mightve been a lot closer, all i can say is thank god they have no ranged attacks :p , and next patch with the necro love it shuld be a little nicer too.

As for my Pally, well lets just say i neednt have bothered , i think i died with him on about 80% hp , not tried on me smite cleric yet, tho without purge its possible with all my tricks up, possible, not likely lol...

As for my vamp... we'll see at 50, people say maulers kill vamps quite easy but i reckon itll be down to who was powered up b4hand, cant see mauler hoT keepin up with a full power vamp onslaught, on the other hand, both go in with no power and the mauler will more likely win prolly.. well see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom