Matrix 2 discussions! *SPOILERS!*

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
I'm amazed that people buy into the rather poor storyline and weak attempts at exploiting proper philosophy :m00:

Still worth seeing for the actual action, given the poor quality of recent releases oO

its a philosophic end, so we use our imagination a bit...
a bit meaning that the nextdoor guy do NOT think this have anything to do with pi, and if it IS pi, then i will be really really dissapointed!

Matrix three, intro: It was pi, go home!

O

old.Tohtori

Smith is still a program, a bit more "human" like as he now has the desire to breed. Well, fast way to do that and a basic function for a human. Also the whole powerhungry thing is humanly...

Now, what's really gonna cook your noodle later is:

Neo is something.

Noone can be told what the Matrix is.

Get it?

Neo...matrix...neo..matrix...dadadum! :p

T

Tobold

"I belive in the matrix within the matrix even in real world (belived so since before matrix1, dont worry, im not influenced too much), so i obvious belive it in here as well."

oh dear :scared:

F

F.I.V

I enjoyed Matrix 2 as well, although I did sorta walk away scratching my head at some parts ;)

What confused me though is the game. Apart from the fact that it's Shiny Entertainment software, meaning it's automatically a bag of wank, the so called "weaving in and out of the Matrix: Reloaded storyline" thing that supposedly happened only served to mutilate the films plot.

Too many instances that I noticed to name them all but one that stands out in my mind is when playing Ghost, you end up at Merovingian's mansion, running through the place killing almost vampiric programs and leaving a mountain of bodies there (at least 20 of the damn things) as well as shooting the place up, etc. This all supposedly happens before Neo, Morpheus and Trinity arrive, however when they do arrive, there is no trace of vampiric program corpses, bulletholes in the walls or an entire statue completely destroyed in the courtyard. Also, as Ghost, why does Persephone go through the same rigmorol that she does with Neo (the kissing scene) and why does Seraph need to fight Bannard (if that was his name, the dude with the 70s suit ;) ) and Ghost if he only fought Neo to find out he was The One.

Since Ghost and Bannard clearly aren't The One, and Seraph already knows this, he would have no need to fight them.

Anyway, enough rambling for one day, awesome film, but as per usual the game just doesnt live up to the standards and I blame Shiny entirely for this bollocks. They always rush a game out when it should still be in it's design period (*cough*Messiah!!!!*cough*), never mind Alpha/Beta testing. The gun textures alone in the driving scenes were enough to make me gag.

O

osy

I was ready to argue about the cheesyness of the movie, and how shallow it is, but then I found this.

It kinda sums it up.

O

old.Tohtori

And everyone of the "matrix is cheesy" people will say there's nothing wrong with LotR...right?

I mean...Two towers... *yawns*... if you people say M2 had too little action then, well, one battle at the end and a wolfrider fight doesn't quite cut it either :p

LotR driven by story mostly.(Cornius maximus but still)

Matrix driven by story mostly. (Not as Epic as LotR but still)

People get different things of different movies.

S

SFXman

Tohtori, agreed.
To be honest people think of the LotR series a bit too high up, I think that the views are slightly boosted by the simple epic-proportions of the books and all...
I am not saying there is anything wrong there, the books and movies are fabulous.
Just that if nothing is wrong with LotR than how can something be wrong with M2.

H

Hargh

I am the keymaster! I am the gatekeeper! (Ghostbusters 1982)

Only massive complaint about Matrix 2 - CRAP NAMES.

I am (pause for music) THE ARCHITECT!

What sh1t.

Oh no heres more: Zion - who cares? No ramping up of tension as no sympathy was induced. All those guys living underground were a sideline to our main chars and the only ones we were introduced to (the general bloke, the skeaky kid) are wangers who we are quite happy to see dead aren't we? Give us some ickle babies to worry about or something.

In fact thinking about it there wasn't any tension in the whole film.

P

- Pathfinder -

Tolkien is an extremely Victorian writer, and his characters lack any sort of depth :m00:

That said, the books are still classics ;)

As for the movies, the Fellowship of the Ring was superbly done, while the Two Towers left alot to be desired :m00:

H

Hargh

Don't hijack the thread pls. LotR is a different subject. Lacking depth is one thing that CANT be said of middle earth.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Hargh
Don't hijack the thread pls. LotR is a different subject. Lacking depth is one thing that CANT be said of middle earth.

Not hi-jacking, comparing the complaints about M2 to LotR 2.

People expect the same "OOOH!!" from the sequal when it's there to complete the story. But...i'm retiring from this debate since, i liked the movie, other can hate it and there's nothing even Neo can do to change that :p

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Hargh
Don't hijack the thread pls. LotR is a different subject.

Cry more noob :m00:

Lacking depth is one thing that CANT be said of middle earth.

Did you deliberately misinterpret, or are you just dumb? :m00:

S

si1verwolf

I really enjoyed the film...

but...

what annoyed me the most was all the damned clips/ adverts/ makings of/ trailers/ advertisements that "they" force down our throats at every oppurtunity!...

I managed to avoid them all, and didn't get the film spoiled for me... every shot was something I hadn't seen, and I didn't know what to expect at all!

Mind you, when the adverts appeared for reloaded before I saw the last James Bond film the GF got embarrassed when I looked down at the floor, closed my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and started saying "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" just so I wouldn't see the trailer!

p.s. You can over analyse things too much... just appreciate the film for what it is... a damn good film! ;)

T

The Fonz

Why the fucking hell did they make it sound like a bowling alley when Neo knocked a load of agents Smiths over with an agent Smith?

The music was shite as well.

Apart from those two bad things, I thought this was the greatest action film of all time.

O

old.Plebo

I enjoyed the film, but it was nowhere near the sort of quality I was expecting.

It started off plain dull and I was wondering if I would enjoy the film at all. The scenes in Zion were rather weak and I wasn't sure why Neo would bother saving them all in the first place. The scene where Morpheous does his speech and they all start dancing was just plain embarrasing.

The action scenes were incredible, although there were some bits where they were a bit too ambitious and the SFX made you realise you were watching a film, which surely isn't the point when you see a film at the cinema. The Neo fight against the Agent Smiths was a good example - almost thought I was watching Tom and Jerry.

The story wasn't very easy to understand. Or I should say, it was easy to know that was going on but it didn't make sense.

The characters were all rather two-dimensional too. They all walked around with the same expressions on their faces, and so not a lot of acting was required.

The philosopical bits I found quite interesting, but a bit overlong and didn't add much to the story. There is presumably some more parallels to Neo being Jesus, in the way the citizens on Zion bought him gifts and they mention the 3 captains to help him, kinda like the 3 wise men, etc.

At the end, I was reasonably satified, but not blown away.

If you think it was the best action film ever made, then I think that maybe in time your opinion will change. I'm not sure Reloaded will handle repeated viewing and I certainly didn't get the same buzz that I got when I saw action film classics like Star Wars, Raider of the Lost Ark and The Matrix for the first time at the cinema.

S

Sortbane

M2 - a VERY good action movie, but no more than a bridge between the first and third movie of this trilogy (ala the questions unanswered).

oh.. and then to MY theory.. ;)

The sentinels in the end.. why Neo (apparently) stopped them

The machines use the matrix to keep the humans in their subdued state to function as energy. as the agents are in the matrix they use it to "herd" the humans in some way.

Here comes my part in, they use the matrix, they programmed the matrix as a part of the machine, most machines are connected in communications. What Neo noticed was that the matrix is a part of the machines and as we all know in the matrix Neo is almost God.

So by feeling for the parts in the machines that are a part of the matrix he can take control over them as he too is a very large part of the matrix. So somehow he is able to tap into the machines via the matrix and then shut them down.

(have no proofs to back this up, that's why its a theory.. will be fun to see what is right and what is wrong when M3 comes :D)

Oh, and just to add.. the original Star Wars trilogy is one of the GREATEST trilogies ever made.. LoTR will live partially up to SW in terms of trilogy, but surpasses SW for each movie.. and then Matrix is (will prolly be) the third best trilogy, but again crushing lotr into the boots if viewed seperately (ie, as not as 3 movies)

There.. that's said I can go to bed :D

J

Jonaldo

LotR has shallow characters, yep it does totally and this has been well documented in the past, especially the female characters who are very one dimensional.

Matrix characters on the other hand have even less depth, we know nothing about them, who they are and lets be honest, we don't really care. All you need to know is anyone who's anything in the film wears black and a pair of shades, the rest don't count for shit. I mean come on, 10/10 for imagination on the stylist there, wonder how long it took em to think of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom